PDA

View Full Version : Lik Sang is gone!

bugggeroff
October 31st, 2006, 17:38
As of right now Lik Sang appears to no longer be on the web. Both the forums and main site have been taken down with nothing remaining besides the original "Out of Business" post where the main page once existed.

This is a sad day indeed.:(

mesosade
October 31st, 2006, 18:56
:( that's it. my best site cept' for ebay gone. sony...why thou so bloody dumass?

ExcruciationX
October 31st, 2006, 18:59
Very sad... :(

mastersho
October 31st, 2006, 19:25
It is very sad to see lik sang go(damn you Sony). lik sang was like family but i found a niceplace to order PSP REPLACEMENT PARTS for those, like me, who broke their screen or their UMD drive. just check out newagepsx.com for more info(if you want to, and im not being paid for this,i wish i was but the people must know if they didnt already).

JKKDARK
October 31st, 2006, 22:12
yeah, I can't believe :(

Knux896
October 31st, 2006, 23:29
I never used the Lik Sang store but I must say that I am very dissapointed that they closed the forums as well. They had a really great forum section devoted to the MMP/D.

BTW, did anyone else notice that the poster's name changed?:confused:

woods05
October 31st, 2006, 23:35
Although the thing sony did was wrong. I think Lik-Sang should stop wallowing in self pity.

kcajblue
October 31st, 2006, 23:36
this sucks. stupid sony. they ruin everything.

toymin80r
October 31st, 2006, 23:44
I've never trusted sony, and i never will. I never really use Lik Sang, but I heard the name a lot when people were talking about importing thing from other countries and it sounded pretty cool. Now the only place i have to order stuff is at ebay.

mastersho
October 31st, 2006, 23:56
What about play-asia? they're no lik-sang but still there's so hope..i think.

emuking
November 1st, 2006, 00:06
there's still play-asia and superufo but i guess they're not enough, what would lik-sangs tombstone say ????-????, how long did they last i mean, poor lik-sang :(

aries2k4
November 1st, 2006, 00:11
Sorry to see them go. The 1st reliable place I had found to order overseas. will be missed

jwilds73
November 1st, 2006, 00:19
Play Asia announced they cancelled all preorders of PS3's. It's in a prior news post. They don't want to become the next Lik-Sang in Sony's witch hunt.

pibs
November 1st, 2006, 00:26
what if u have orders with them(not ps3), will they still be shipped?

TrowaX
November 1st, 2006, 00:29
i hope that sell of psp goes down with the ps3 because sony really deserve to be down in profit. to be more accurate 188,000X2 worth of lost.I want to see sony take on ebay for the battle of importing system. Wonder how they will fare with each other.

picketf
November 1st, 2006, 00:37
Although the thing sony did was wrong. I think Lik-Sang should stop wallowing in self pity.

Lik-Sang first of all is no physical person so it doesn't have feelings so wtf do you mean by self pity? Second of all it has made cash the past few years it has been operating - a whole lot of cash

at this point the people that own Lik-Sang did what everyone would have done. Call it quits before you lose more of that valueable money that took you years to gather.

The lawsuits iniciated by Sony cost Lik Sang over 1 million, probably more close to 2 if you count legal paperwork involved.

For Sony it's close to free to force their way on courts if they feel like it. So what is happening now is a logical conclussion in face of these events.

OT:
Back in the days you had copyright notice on asian arcade screens telling you that if you played the arcade outside of asia you were operating illegally and could be persecuted for it.

As I see it PSP's don't have such warning adverts and last time I checked you don't need authorisation to become a PSP reseller. So in this case I can't really understand why the judge would rule with Sony for another reason than CASH...

A good reason, no doubt. But in no way was this fair and rather than blaming Sony for doing what every big company does in the market, I blame it on the UK Judge that actually was retarded enough to pass on judgement and fine Lik Sang out of bussines. :mad:

kcajblue
November 1st, 2006, 01:06
what would lik-sangs tombstone say ????-????, how long did they last i mean, poor lik-sang :(http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6956/tombstone2ll8.jpgi found this in someones sig at the M3 forums.

jwilds73
November 1st, 2006, 01:29
That brings up a valid point Picketf are used game retailers required to be registered to resell used consoles? Should you be required to register in order to resell a console you bought personally? It's not like a gun for christ's sake. My understanding with guns here in the US is if I am a private seller and selling my gun to another private buyer I need to go to the gun shop and have them process the sale which costs you. If Sony was to have it's way you'ld have to do the same thing it seems if you were to sell your console to another person. You'ld need to go to a Sony representative and have them transfer ownership of your PS3 to the new owner and they would charge a fee for the process etc. Sony can get screwed the PSP is my last Sony product period.

mastersho
November 1st, 2006, 01:53
weil said jwilds! i'm not gotta buy anymore sony crap. you dont see Microsoft or Nintendo going after lik-sang!!! The ps3 is gonna really suck anyway and the Wii is gonna be so much better! Even microsoft is cooler than sony and i HATE microsoft(they know why...!). Sony just paved to way for these to companies to move freely in the gaming world.

shrimpidy
November 1st, 2006, 02:45
I'm feeling pretty depressed even tho its my birthday and I've never used lik-sang all because of that f*g Sony. Lik-Sang had a great reputation and I supported their cause by reccomending them to people but my work is down the drain because of Sony.

Junixx
November 1st, 2006, 02:45
:( So i guess there no chance of Lik Sang coming back then? I never bought from them but I was planning to in the future

Basil Zero
November 1st, 2006, 03:16
oh well, moving on

mad-brian
November 1st, 2006, 03:23
noooooooooo! it's all a dream!

abeisgreat
November 1st, 2006, 03:56
No!

nathan1974au
November 1st, 2006, 07:57
hey look down!!!

nathan1974au
November 1st, 2006, 08:01
Good Bye!!!! Rotflao

Vegetable
November 1st, 2006, 10:58
Nintendo sued Lik-Sang for selling Flash Carts, and they shut down. You know what happend?

They removed the offending products and came back. This is no different.

Shrygue
November 1st, 2006, 18:29
So Lik-Sang is gone. Crud...:(

jonezybaby
November 1st, 2006, 18:39
Its Reasons Like This That I Hate Sony!!!

Cloud_35
November 1st, 2006, 21:30
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6956/tombstone2ll8.jpgi found this in someones sig at the M3 forums.

I'd say something like "that's funny", but I won't.

Cause it's not funny. Really

I'm ashamed of having Sony stuff...

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2006, 00:54
i dont think its funny either.
i just posted it because i found it in someones sig.

nathan1974au
November 2nd, 2006, 23:46
we all need to pirate sony stuff umd's and cd's
and dvd's. wicked fun!!! i love it!!!!

mastersho
November 3rd, 2006, 05:27
Im game for some lootin of UMD's(and i know where to got for it too!) .

Knux896
November 5th, 2006, 07:21
Im game for some lootin of UMD's(and i know where to got for it too!) .

In case people don't realize this, UMD profits go to the companies that own the data on the discs not to Sony. It would be incredibly misguided (and illegal) for anyone to start pirating movies and games as some sort of payback at sony. I honestly hope that no one would seriously do that.

Baboon
November 6th, 2006, 13:59
Very sad new. :(

I used to love Lik Sang until $ony ruined everything.

I've got a fair few of my games from them over the past few years, Im gutted.

Dee-Lite
November 6th, 2006, 20:46
Just to let you all know, Apparantly Liksang forums is now operating under a different name!

My friend in Tokyo told me about it, I can't remember what the name was exactly, but anyway next time I speak with him I will see if he can link me. Apparantly Lik-Sang meant somthing too, live forever or some jibber jabber like that

Dee

ukgamer
November 27th, 2006, 08:05
I came across another site which looks very similar to lik sang. http://www.games-asia.com