PDA

View Full Version : Meta Review: GTA Vice City Stories for PSP

wraggster
November 1st, 2006, 00:07
What do the big sites say about the new GTA game, heres the lowdown:

* 1UP, 9/10 - "Like LCS before it, Vice City Stories impresses like few games have managed to do on the system. The fact that the PSP pulls off everything in here with minimal loading screens is amazing. And the sheer amount of variety the game offers -- from side missions to the empire building to the story to the clever collectibles (red balloons, 99 of 'em) to the best sandbox-style, "mess with the world as you'd like" action out there -- will easily keep you entertained on cross-country flights a few times over (though it sucks down battery life at a startling rate)."

* IGN, 9/10 - "It's still largely the same game that we first saw with Grand Theft Auto III. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as Vice City Stories is still easily one of the best games on the system, but if you've began to grow tired of the franchise's mechanics, mission structure or overall feel, this likely won't renew your love of the series."

* Gamepro, 7.5/10 - "So it's a big shame that lot of that personality has gone missing in Vice City Stories. Maybe it was the jump to a smaller stage that did them in but the characters and dialogue don't have the same snap nor does the game exhibit the same goofy and utterly loveable 80's style. Instead, the game is gritty and dull to a fault and it doesn't have the same sense of humor that made the past titles so entertaining."

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 1st, 2006, 00:12
Still getting it.

When you read the last book in a series, you don't expect anything substantially different, but you still want to know what happens :D

I think R* didn't have to put the amount of effort they did into VCS, so good on em'. Bicycles, yay!

The whole, able to run it on FW 1.5 thing still isn't cleared up... Some can and some can't. Shrug.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 1st, 2006, 00:20
Even if it was the biggest stinking pile of insepid turd to grace the p$p if they pay for a double page ad in the magazines it will get great reviews anyway..So suck it and see as they say playing it on 2.71 se at the mo !!!

wolfpack
November 1st, 2006, 00:45
i bought the game today, its worth the 50 bucks, the graphics are better(no more crab hands :P) everything is a lot sharper and it has some kickass music. I recommend getting this game.

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 1st, 2006, 01:07
i bought the game today, its worth the 50 bucks, the graphics are better(no more crab hands :P) everything is a lot sharper and it has some kickass music. I recommend getting this game.

Anyway to get it cranken' on your 1.5? :rolleyes:

wolfpack
November 1st, 2006, 01:12
no i used my spare psp and updated that instead, i can still enjoy my good ol homebrew and my VCS, haha until it gets devhooked, i dont think theres a way, unless if theres a special hack, then i dunno

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 1st, 2006, 01:15
no i used my spare psp and updated that instead, i can still enjoy my good ol homebrew and my VCS, haha until it gets devhooked, i dont think theres a way, unless if theres a special hack, then i dunno

Yer, I've still got like a week and half till it gets dropped here, so plenty of time for someone to think of something :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it's good :D

wolfpack
November 1st, 2006, 01:37
haha if it gets devhooked then ill be playing it on my old psp instead

Nookadum
November 1st, 2006, 01:42
Christ.

It IS DevHook'd. :P

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 1st, 2006, 01:46
Thinking about it now... Not having crab hands anymore is friggen' awesome :D haha

AtariFreek
November 1st, 2006, 05:04
It runs through DevHook 2.71 lol. NEWAY also PSM gave it Game Of The Month and rated it 9.5/10!

Adrenalin
November 1st, 2006, 06:34
GTA was ok for a few months, but nowadays its a boring overused franchise. in retrospect this game doesn't deserve to be as popular as it it.

Nookadum
November 1st, 2006, 11:25
Well, that's your opinion. Other people (and I mean a lot of other people) think differently. ;)

Boardman2411
November 16th, 2006, 16:58
what is the minimum firmware that is required for gta vcs? i have 2.00, will i have to upgrade?