PDA

View Full Version : PSP Push-Activated Shoulder Button Lighting

wraggster
November 1st, 2006, 01:39
Everett posted a great tutorial on modding his PSP to have lighting on the L and R buttons, heres an excerpt:

Intro

Sony decided to make the PSP shoulder buttons transparent, leaving modders an excellent opportunity to make the device look way cooler with lighting. Llamma has done a write up on adding lights to the buttons. I wanted a similar effect, but not for the lights to be on all the time—I wanted the buttons to light when they are pushed. This is how I did it.

First Try

My first attempt at this can be seen here. I finished lighting the left button and left the right for another day. As you can see in the old writeup, I got a lot of my information from Llamma’s write up, with some obvious changes. When I opened the PSP back up to do the right side, I decided to completely re-do the left (I wasn’t optimistic about the durability, and I also ran into some shorting issues with the wire I used. It turned out that the varnish insulation was unreliable, and it occasionally shorted to the metal frame it ran through, which was grounded.). The second time around, I deviated from Llamma’s instructions even more.

Full Article (http://www.rpi.edu/~bradfe/PSP2/PSP2.html)

Vega
November 1st, 2006, 16:00
I like it. Looks really cool... just a shame I'm a total pussy when it comes to opening up my PSP.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
November 1st, 2006, 16:03
that is such a good idea !! but ive taken my psp apart once and through fear of losing screws wont be trying it again anytime soon !

S34MU5
November 1st, 2006, 18:52
Pffft.

Did this ages ago.
that was my first idea!

Shrygue
November 1st, 2006, 18:58
Wow, it's sounds great to have the shoulder buttons to light up when pressed! :)

LilSwish722
November 2nd, 2006, 00:20
I like it. Looks really cool... just a shame I'm a total pussy when it comes to opening up my PSP.

lol yea same here

Hobobo
November 2nd, 2006, 07:22
lol yea same here

Same :(