PDA

View Full Version : Ok, really need assistance setting up toolchain

Emeriastone
November 1st, 2006, 17:46
I've installed a build of linux and I'm running things just fine. However, whenever I download the latest version of psptoolchain and try to install it, I get this error:

akreeger@ubuntu-ak:~$ cd psptoolchain
akreeger@ubuntu-ak:~/psptoolchain$ chmod a+x ./toolchain.sh
akreeger@ubuntu-ak:~/psptoolchain$ ./toolchain.sh
ERROR: Please make sure you have 'subversion (svn)' installed.
akreeger@ubuntu-ak:~/psptoolchain$

I know this seems like a novice mistake because it is and I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Cloudhunter
November 1st, 2006, 18:19
Install subversion then :p exactly like it says :p

Cloudy

Emeriastone
November 1st, 2006, 18:34
It would help to know what that even was. Links anyone?

Coder_TimT
November 1st, 2006, 20:37
Subversion is the code repository used to store all of the SDK files. You need 'svn' the subversion client in order for the the toolchain script to check those files out.

Since it appears you are running Ubuntu, there is a utility called apt which you use to install things...run the following from the command line to install...it will prompt you for your password...

sudo apt-get install subversion

I'm assuming the package is named 'subversion', it might be 'svn'. The 'sudo' lets the command run as the superuser so it can install the program. The rest of the command is using apt-get to install subversion...

There is a graphical frontend for apt also included with Ubuntu(Synaptic?) that should be in the menu somewhere. But since you're already in a terminal the command line words fine...

Emeriastone
November 1st, 2006, 23:33
Ah, thank you, right now I'm on a University computer and I will be sure to test this out as soon as I get back to my workstation. I appreciate your help. Keep you posted.

NoQuarter
November 1st, 2006, 23:42
hope you get it working,I'm thinking about trying another install on my slackware box

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 00:56
Hey, it's working! It asked also to make sure I had 'automake' installed and I did the same thing for 'subversion'. Thanks a whole lot Coder_TimT, you're a friggin lifesaver!

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 05:01
Ok, so now I have another problem:

I run "./toolchain.sh" and the bash runs for about 20 minutes until I get this error:

A pspsdk/aclocal/ac_doxygen.m4
A pspsdk/aclocal/pspdev.m4
A pspsdk/aclocal/version.m4
Exported revision 2048.
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... mipsallegrexel-psp-elf
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
ERROR CONFIGURING BINUTILS

Where do I go from here?

Coder_TimT
November 2nd, 2006, 05:43
"Binutils" contains the linker and assembler executables, which are seperate from the compiler. I would guess those didn't get installed...so try an 'apt-get install binutils'.

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 20:31
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
ERROR CONFIGURING BINUTILS
akreeger@ubuntu-ak:~/psptoolchain$ sudo apt-get install binutils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
binutils is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

I get this result and then I even attempt to run "./toolchain.sh" again with the same result: "ERROR CONFIGURING BINUTILS"

Suggestions?

Coder_TimT
November 2nd, 2006, 22:35
My bad, I just looked at the toolchain script and realized that error is from when it's trying to build the binutils for use with the psp...

You might try asking at ps2dev.org forums since that is where the toolchain originates from...I did a quick search and came up with the following

1)Make sure you have the latest toolchain.sh
2)Make sure you have all the needed build tools with "apt-get install build-essential flex automake1.9 autoconf"

Beyond that I don't know man...

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 23:36
Alright I will give it my best. Thanks for all your smarts, you've really helped me out.

bitr0t
November 11th, 2006, 04:52
You need build tools to be able to compile it.

sudo apt-get install build-essential

you might get a bit further now!