PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft fixing fall 360 update

wraggster
November 1st, 2006, 23:02
This week's Fall System Update for Xbox 360s went very smoothly...for 99 percent of console owners. For the remaining one percent, the past day has been nothing but a next-gen nightmare.

The update, which was released yesterday, added several new features to the Xbox 360's dashboard and the console itself, including 1080p resolution support. But for some Xbox 360 owners, it simply turned their consoles into a $400 paperweight.

Many among the Xbox modding scene believed the update crashed supped-up Xbox 360s, and was a message from Microsoft to modders to stop tinkering with the hardware. Microsoft weren't exactly forthcoming about the problem, but today the company broke its silence.

"A small percentage of consoles were affected negatively by the fall update (less than one percent have reported issues). We’re working with those affected to get them back up and running, whether that be by providing another console, or fixing their existing console. We’re committed to resolving this issue."

Microsoft expects to have the problem solved within the next 12-24 hours, according to the Microsoft's marketing team's Gamerscore Blog. Microsoft urges anyone in North America encountering problems with the update to call technical support at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX.

Elven6
November 1st, 2006, 23:08
Wait, if users modified their Xbox 360s then why should Microsoft have to pay for them?

zidanerick
November 3rd, 2006, 11:47
I Love this Update!!!! I can finally stream video from my pc :D, I just wish it would work with XviD/DivX, if anyone knows of a good AVI to WMV converter let me know.