PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed: Carbon Own the City

wraggster
November 1st, 2006, 23:26
New PSP Game released at Play Asia:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.73945.001.jpg

description
What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you in the world’s most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals’ neighbourhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. Represent your car class, your crew, and your turf in Need for Speed Carbon, the next revolution in racing games.

Key Features• Survive the Canyon
All-new Canyon Duel and Drift race modes are the ultimate test of skill and nerve, where one wrong turn could cost you more than the race.
• The City Is Yours for the Taking
Race for control of the city block-by-block by taking down rival crews on their turf, then defeat their crew leaders in life-or-death races in Carbon Canyon.
• Customise Your Dream Cars
The revolutionary new Autosculpt™ car customisation tool gives you the power to design and tweak your crew’s cars in every way imaginable.
• Represent a Class
Afiliate with the Tuner, American Muscle, or Exotic car classes and prove once and for all who makes the best set of wheels. A new physics model makes each class handle and drive differently.
• Build Your Crew
Strategically choose your crew members and then use their skills on the road and in the garage to help you win races and customise your cars.

Price: US$ 42.90 (~22.79 GBP)

More info --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-1l21.html

LilSwish722
November 1st, 2006, 23:41
awesome...i am definetly buying this soon

Kramer
November 1st, 2006, 23:46
hmm I dont think those features are for the PSP version.

MUDD
November 1st, 2006, 23:48
i like it and online works great .

BL4Z3D247
November 1st, 2006, 23:49
Kramer u probably have to unlock the features via winning races...duh lol :p

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 1st, 2006, 23:57
Pfft, the PSP NFS's are jokes. It feels like playing micro machines. We should be given straight port's not 'Own the city' or 'Rivals' crap.
If they can bring us Tomb Raider Legend, exact port from 360, then why do we get toned down kiddy crap NFS's games? It's a completely difference experience to the PS2 version, and it shouldn't be.

Kramer
November 1st, 2006, 23:57
Kramer u probably have to unlock the features via winning races...duh lol :p

lol im pretty sure there isnt an auto sculpt feature and I haven played any drift modes yet and Ive almost finished the game.

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 00:10
lol im pretty sure there isnt an auto sculpt feature and I haven played any drift modes yet and Ive almost finished the game.

Your right Kramer.. I havent Came across those modes either.. and I have nearly completed the game.

To 1 man matrix... this is alot better than past NFS games on handhelds. alot better.

Kramer
November 2nd, 2006, 00:14
Yeah this is good for a handheld racing game, sometimes people forget that the PSP is a handheld and expect the gameplay of a PS2 or an Xbox.:rolleyes:

drew4237
November 2nd, 2006, 00:46
I dont think i will buy this for the psp cause i had rivals and it wasnt like nfsu for ps2...
i will jsut buy carbon for the ps2 cause i havnt gotten a good game in a while for that. I also just got a new hd tv so that will be awesome to play in hd...yeah i know ti isnt true hd but it will look better than my old tv.

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 2nd, 2006, 01:34
I only expect the atmosphere and immersion of a PS2 game, not the quality. Ridge Racer PSP is closer to the overall driving experience of Need for speed on a PS2 than Need For Speed on PSP is.
We expect blander textures, crapper frame rate, etc and so on, but thats not the problem. NFS on PSP just feels like a kids game compared to other systems.
The PSP is completely capable of a direct PS2 port of NFS, so why are we getting a micro machines clone?

It's the fact that im so optimistic and impressed by
the PSP that I'm complaining like a school gurl :D
NFS on PSP could be better, hey maybe carbon will be :) Just feels like EA was lazy...

Shrug.

Veskgar
November 2nd, 2006, 05:24
This game is awesome. I just got and have been hooked on the U.S.A. release of this game.

If anyone wants to jump online and challenge me, send me a PM and I'll set up a game in the lobby that requires a password. I'll respond to your PM with the password.

Online (Infrastructure) is different based on what region game you have. So if you are playing the EUR release, you won't see me online since I'm using the USA release.

Anyway, look for my name.

Veskgar

Go into the BEGINNER Lobby and you'll see me.

mnuhaily22
November 2nd, 2006, 07:57
To everyone who wants to know, I can confirm that it only requires 2.71, and has the 2.71 update in it, worth the buy, the graphics will blow you mind, and to the guy who thinks those are the features of the one on PS2, I thought so too until I bought it, it actually had all that, the load times are not so bad, but still they load about 5 times faster when I put it in ISO format, all and all, it rocks(worth it).