PDA

View Full Version : iPod or Zune

Elven6
November 2nd, 2006, 00:28
How many people are getting the Zune? Im testing this since dcemu also wants something similar to this has stated in one of the news articles ;)

SnesR0X
November 2nd, 2006, 20:58
Duh, screw the Zune, old-school 3rd generation Ipod is the only way to go!

Accordion
November 2nd, 2006, 21:09
nooooooooo!!!
screw the crap quality mp3

auld skewl CD playa

yay for real uncompressed audio....through E4cs yay

S34MU5
November 2nd, 2006, 21:20
Old skul ipod mini!

all ma mates ipods have brokken repeeatadly and are switching to zune! and the treated theres nice

i have treated mine like helll!

JKKDARK
November 2nd, 2006, 21:42
iPod forever :)

Elven6
November 2nd, 2006, 23:26
Ive owned 3 iPod videos in the past, and all of them had defective batterys! Im going to give Zune a try, if its not living up to its potential then Ill just listen to music the old fashioned way.... at my house!

BlueCrab
November 3rd, 2006, 01:34
I have no intentions of getting any MP3 players other than the one I already have. If I did get one though, it'd probably be an iPod, since I know it'll work with my computers (I have two Macs). I wouldn't count on the Zune working with them, knowing Microsoft...

Kaiser
November 3rd, 2006, 02:17
I'm sticking with the Ipod. Nice and simple and the newer ones have impressive battery lives. Not to mention its one of the few MP3 players compatible with my Car's CD deck (nothing like having good music in your car).

abeisgreat
November 4th, 2006, 06:07
Ipods Forever!!!

Damian666
November 5th, 2006, 03:09
I resent Ipod in every way, shape, and form. I'm saying this because everyone I have always gotten the battery had come defective, or my cat crapped on it, and I didn't want to use it afterwards. I use a Craetive Zen Vision M. It's like an Ipod Video, only much much better.

Phobos666
November 5th, 2006, 03:15
Creative Zen Vision M FTW. It's like an ipod but better, as damian said. Better battery life, sharper screen, supports more file types, and best of all, no dealing with iTunes.

Shadowblind
November 5th, 2006, 04:01
iPod. However, the battery was horridly defective and the iPod had major errors.

Whats a Zune anyway? Is it cool and/or shaped like pie in any way? Also, where can I find it?

Damian666
November 5th, 2006, 21:20
Exactly Phobos! Shadow, a Zune is an MP3 plyer that microsoft is developing to compete with the Ipod and other MP3 players. You can find it at their site.

SnesR0X
November 5th, 2006, 21:52
Zune will flop:) it's coming out way too late, there are already too many people with ipods

Accordion
November 5th, 2006, 22:25
the zune is not intended to beat the ipod, or even to make great profit...microsoft are just pissed over apples share in the music market and are trying to win some market share off apple...

danZdead
November 6th, 2006, 04:01
Microsoft FTW? Who knows they may pull another sleeper hit on us, Moses knows they have the [financial] resources to do it, however when it comes to inovation well I tend to see that microsoft has an... "if it ain't broke, copy it!" attitude. I just hope my iPod doesn't become obsolete but either way down the road I can still get musical orgasms from either machine and that's what's REALLY important.

SnesR0X
November 6th, 2006, 04:58
the zune is not intended to beat the ipod, or even to make great profit...microsoft are just pissed over apples share in the music market and are trying to win some market share off apple...

that's a good point, but will they really benefit that much from doing it? Meh, it's not like it'll affect me anyway. Ipods are just so classy:cool:

Accordion
November 6th, 2006, 08:47
that's a good point, but will they really benefit that much from doing it? Meh, it's not like it'll affect me anyway. Ipods are just so classy:cool:

youve missed the point....micorsoft dont care if they benefit from zune, it is purely to detract market share from apple, there is no real reason for the zune as a consumer product...its a grudge

Cap'n 1time
November 6th, 2006, 17:06
If MS adds support for more codecs (open DivX and Xvid for video and Flac for audio) id probably concider one... of course it would have to have AT LEAST a 120 gig hdd for me to be interested. But its Microsoft... so thats never happening :) I say forget the ipod too. If they turned the GP2X into a smaller machine I would probably use that as my portable media device.. till then Im going with the old school CD player.

Accordion
November 6th, 2006, 20:33
yay, CD rules

Elven6
November 7th, 2006, 01:14
Of course CD players are good, just an embarsment when you pull one out in public and people people look at you like your some sort of prick while they listen to their MP3 players.

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2006, 03:56
Of course CD players are good, just an embarsment when you pull one out in public and people people look at you like your some sort of prick while they listen to their MP3 players.

Funny, I usually look at the MP3 player people like they are pricks :p .

SnesR0X
November 7th, 2006, 06:23
Funny, I usually look at the MP3 player people like they are pricks :p .

lol, I know a guy who has a CD player but has a remote thing for it that looks like and mp3 player, so he's happy with that:D

Accordion
November 7th, 2006, 09:16

so people who listento high quality audio are pricks...

Kaiser
November 9th, 2006, 05:19
Heh

A great thing happened to me today. A guy at work sold me his 30 GB video ipod for 100 bucks on the spot. He originally bought it for 400 Canadian. I could care less that its a little scratched up, now i can finally take all of my music with me on the road. Much better then my lackluster 4 GB Nano.

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 04:06
The Zune seems to have more potential with its Wifi and stuff, its gonna be intresting seeing this play out.

mnuhaily22
November 11th, 2006, 09:38
Screw iPods, I don't see why they got so popular to begin with, I just use my PSP's 2gb MS, and I put all the music I want on it, I don't just load it up for the hell of loading it up like most people who have a big iPod.

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 17:46
Screw iPods, I don't see why they got so popular to begin with, I just use my PSP's 2gb MS, and I put all the music I want on it, I don't just load it up for the hell of loading it up like most people who have a big iPod.

PSP sucks when it comes to music, the sound isn't the best, it a pain in the ass when you wanna change your music in class or w/e because then everyones gonna see it and be like wow lemme see and stuff. And if you pull the headphones the whole world can hear your music!

splodger15
November 11th, 2006, 19:28
iPod forever :)

Amen to that

ninja9393
November 12th, 2006, 13:36
i love my 5d ipod video.

I have 3,000 songs on it and all of the soth park episodes(seasons 1-9 currentley getting 10)

im always goings to stay loyal to my 'pod