PDA

View Full Version : CPS1, CPS2 and NEOGEO now fully wifi compatible

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 00:42
I've made the last of NJ's trio of awesome emulators wifi enabled, now giving us Neogeo (MVS) CPS2 and CPS1 all playable over wireless between two psps.

I want to make some more changes before I release the set. At the moment, everything is set up to ONLY play in wifi mode, but I will make some changes to the main menu and put wifi in as an option.

The new releases will have the fixes and wifi all in one, effectively superseding the "final" releases by NJ. I will try to contact him this week for his blessing.

It's coming....

BL4Z3D247
November 2nd, 2006, 00:45
dude u rock, u really do...can't wait for the release, these emus are gunna be the hottest emus for the psp now :D

NoQuarter
November 2nd, 2006, 00:46
Your the man!
I haven't even tried these emu yet but wifi enabled arcade games is a good reason.Ever think about messing with wifi on a neo geo cd emu?

Veskgar
November 2nd, 2006, 00:47
I must now shower you with thanks and praise MikeDX. If you release that set, it will surely be a great day in PSP Emulation history.

The fact that you wish to get NJ's blessing shows your character.

Thanks for all the work man.

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 01:00
:0 NIIICE. I'm very impressed.

shunsai
November 2nd, 2006, 01:15
thanx mikedx! looking forward to the release.

just to be sure, will ad hoc mode be a part of this release, or is that a completely separate thing?
either way, still looking forward to this, and hope NJ not only gives you his blessings, but that you maybe even inspire him to tweak CPS2 to perfection! :D

kando
November 2nd, 2006, 01:36
mike great job!!!

The new releases will have the fixes and wifi all in one

have you made any actual changes to game emulation at all? or have you strictly just touched the wifi/controller/main menu setup?

if you did make any changes....what would those be? :)

pkmaximum
November 2nd, 2006, 01:47
yes can't wait to play some Metal Slug with my friends =D

ACID
November 2nd, 2006, 01:49
Dude your like my favorite coder now.

emuking
November 2nd, 2006, 01:51
Omg Thank You So Much!

gunntims0103
November 2nd, 2006, 01:56
mikedx great work really alsome. wifi in is great. hope you inprove the emu a bit more speed and smoothing wise.

cant wait for the release

joseth
November 2nd, 2006, 02:05
hey, well done man!

could u consider doing it for neo geo cdz as well?? thanks!

jvabbdac
November 2nd, 2006, 04:38
Great news... But maybe, you can make a improvement on de CPS2 !!!!

b8a
November 2nd, 2006, 08:14
Once again Mike, thanks for working on this! If these work as expected then NJ's trio will truly be the undisputed best of the best of PSP emulators. Pretty spectacular when you consider that NeoGeo was once thought to be impossible and CPS2 was unthought of.

Can't wait to hear what NJ has to say about this. Hopefully he'll make them official distributions on his page.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 2nd, 2006, 10:17
Hey mike :) can i have a version to test plz m8 !!!!! can produce some vids for ya to post !!!

Zombo
November 2nd, 2006, 13:11
Fixes what kind of fixes? ;)
Can't wait to play King of the Monsters 1 & 2,Metal Slug 1-5,Marvel Vs Capcom,Street Fighter Alpha 2-3,Final Fight....wow im bout to have a heart-attack. :P

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 14:40
Just some minor fixes to the controls and that nasty memory card thing on the neogeo.

The controls fixes are important because the second player often has missing buttons in the regular build. You can test this by selecting "player 2" in the options menu in cps1, cps2 and neogeo emulators.

cal360
November 2nd, 2006, 16:11
can't wait to play metal slug with some friends 2 player!!!!!

aries2k4
November 2nd, 2006, 16:55
Great news. Glad to hear you went 3 for 3 with cps1. Canīt wait for a release.

MrZeroo00
November 13th, 2006, 22:18
Possible release date Mike ? :)

kando
November 14th, 2006, 04:03
given the progress he's made on the wifi, i'd say christmas wouldn't be too far off, tho idk what his plans are :)

just a rough estimate!

February 23rd, 2007, 17:30
I've made the last of NJ's trio of awesome emulators wifi enabled, now giving us Neogeo (MVS) CPS2 and CPS1 all playable over wireless between two psps.

I want to make some more changes before I release the set. At the moment, everything is set up to ONLY play in wifi mode, but I will make some changes to the main menu and put wifi in as an option.

The new releases will have the fixes and wifi all in one, effectively superseding the "final" releases by NJ. I will try to contact him this week for his blessing.

It's coming....
CAN U PLZZ TELL ME HOW TO WORK THIS THING! i have psp v.3.02 and everytime i put it on the GAME folder the games says''game could not be started'' can u give me step by step tips on how to dis this? PLZ (CPS2)

hgk
March 12th, 2007, 16:53
bump! :/

syberjj
May 21st, 2007, 02:51
PLEASE RELEASE THIS BEFORE I DIE OF EXPECTATION ^^

lol hope everyone understands this was a joke
hope you are doing great progress! I just LOVE neogeo and would do enything to play metal guear and samurai shoedown multiplayer on my psp!

hope to see some news soon

PS: will you create a new thread for this or post it here? anyways, I am subscribing to this thread so please post here with news!