PDA

View Full Version : DSMS Help

Amethyst
November 2nd, 2006, 12:58
I can't believe in the time I've been here I have completely overlooked this emulator.

Here's my problem: I don't know how to use the EXE. I tried double clicking it, like I would some EXEs, and the window flashes on the screen before quickly disappearing. So I tried dragging the SMS and GG ROMs individually into the EXE. Same thing happens. A flash of a command window and then it's gone with no NDS or GBA file given. I even tried creating a folder and putting everything in the same folder (like I've done with NDStool) in hopes of getting anything. Nope. Same thing.

What am I doing wrong?

I used the DSMS download available on this site.

Knux896
November 2nd, 2006, 22:49
I can't believe in the time I've been here I have completely overlooked this emulator.

Here's my problem: I don't know how to use the EXE. I tried double clicking it, like I would some EXEs, and the window flashes on the screen before quickly disappearing. So I tried dragging the SMS and GG ROMs individually into the EXE. Same thing happens. A flash of a command window and then it's gone with no NDS or GBA file given. I even tried creating a folder and putting everything in the same folder (like I've done with NDStool) in hopes of getting anything. Nope. Same thing.

What am I doing wrong?

I used the DSMS download available on this site.
The converter program is fairly basic and requires parameters from the command prompt in order to work.

http://home.comcast.net/~swbfii/DSMS_bat.zip

Extract the files in that zip into the same directory as DSMS along with a GG or SMS game. Rename the game file to "input.rom" and run either SMS.bat or GG.bat depending on which game type it is. Then just rename output.nds to the name of the game and copy it to your flashcart.

That should have your games up and running on your DS in no time.:)

Amethyst
November 3rd, 2006, 10:20
Thanks for the help.

The emulator is pretty good.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 3rd, 2006, 12:30
The converter program is fairly basic and requires parameters from the command prompt in order to work.

http://home.comcast.net/~swbfii/DSMS_bat.zip

Extract the files in that zip into the same directory as DSMS along with a GG or SMS game. Rename the game file to "input.rom" and run either SMS.bat or GG.bat depending on which game type it is. Then just rename output.nds to the name of the game and copy it to your flashcart.

That should have your games up and running on your DS in no time.:)

RARGH! It doesn't work EITHER!

Gives me an error that it can't open INPUT.ROM!

GRR!

Knux896
November 3rd, 2006, 12:46
RARGH! It doesn't work EITHER!

Gives me an error that it can't open INPUT.ROM!

GRR!
It seems it worked for Amethyst and it works for me. The only time I get that error is if the game either isn't there or isn't named "input.rom". Double check to make sure that it is named properly named.

Also, do the folders on your computer show the file extension on all of your files? If not then you are really just renaming the file to "input.rom.gg" or something like that.

To make your folders show extensions in XP:
Open a folder (such as My Computer) and from the choose Tools-->Folder Options from the top of the folder. Click the view tab in the pop-up window and look for an option that says "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it.

Hopefully something in this post will help.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 3rd, 2006, 21:57
Mmm, thanks!

The Hombrew Hunter
November 3rd, 2006, 22:19
Hm. Nope. The NEOFLASH bullshit screen is on top, no emulation or sound. Sonic 1, 2, Megaman, MK2. Nothign worked.

kcajblue
November 4th, 2006, 00:20
THH. how could you double post :eek:. you know how to use the edit button.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 4th, 2006, 01:27
Yeah, yeah.

But whatever.

I wanted to rebump it.

Knux896
November 4th, 2006, 07:50
Hm. Nope. The NEOFLASH bullshit screen is on top, no emulation or sound. Sonic 1, 2, Megaman, MK2. Nothign worked.

Hmm.... I tried both Sonic 1 and Megaman and they both worked for me. Unfortunately I am starting to think it might be a problem with the emulator not working with the card you are using, although that doesn't make sense to me (even the MMD runs it :eek: ). I suppose it could be something with the game files you are using but I'm not sure. Also some CF cards seem to have problems with some homebrew (well.....at least with the MMD and NesDS). I really don't know what the problem could be.:(

If anyone who has the same card has gotten this working maybe they can help you figure out what is wrong.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 4th, 2006, 14:11
Well, I'm using M3.

Who cares, there's always SMS Advance and DrSMS for me in GBA mode.

I'll try DS.GBA now.