PDA

View Full Version : Star Fox blasts off in January

wraggster
November 2nd, 2006, 16:22
Star Fox Command, the latest in the long-running series of space shooters, will land in UK stores on DS on January 26.

Star Fox Command does away with the usual linear Star Fox-style shooting levels and replaces them with free-roaming action stages split up by a new strategy element.

Using the touchscreen, players draw paths on an overhead map screen for their Arwings (airships) to fly. Full 3D battles initiate when an Arwing comes into contact with an enemy unit or base, at which point you jump into the cockpit and fight to destroy the enemy.

Star Fox Command is one of many great titles due for release soon after Christmas, so make sure you save any money you get from Santa.

Screens Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148569)

ikarimaru
November 2nd, 2006, 18:59
Just too bad that game sucks...

werpu
November 2nd, 2006, 20:43
Just too bad that game sucks...

But I never expected a rails shooter, but what I do not understand is the logic behind it, Star Fox is one of the major DS titles and leaving that one out for christmas is without any logic.
The same goes for some A Wii titles which will be released in Europe on the Wii way after christmas.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 2nd, 2006, 21:01
Pssht. Star Fox 2 is better.

Yeah I have it. Yeah, I play it. On an emu, of course.

Much more amazing than SFC.

Eyedunno
November 4th, 2006, 15:30
This was the only DS game I've bought so far that I was COMPLETELY disappointed with.

Fans of Metroid Prime: Hunters would probably like it though. I just couldn't get used to the touchscreen controls. it seemed sloppy and unnatural (there's a reason real planes aren't piloted via stylus, haha), and my hand got sore quickly. I really long for the good old SNES days of Star Fox, though I'll admit that the graphics in this are outstanding.