PDA

View Full Version : Wolf3d is not dead…

wraggster
November 2nd, 2006, 17:50
News from Lazyone (http://lazyone.drunkencoders.com/wordpress/?p=34):

It’s getting closer to the next release now that the statusbar has been finished and music is being worked on.

Screen Via Comments

Junixx
November 2nd, 2006, 22:32
Sweet, i thought it was dead :)

uneekracer
November 2nd, 2006, 23:02
about time

Eyedunno
November 4th, 2006, 15:24
If that's the status bar, it looks awesome. I forgot whether or not this thing does/will support the full version though, for those who have the data files. I also wonder if sound is in the works (or if it's already been added).

I last played this a few months ago, and it was great then. With the new status bar, sound, and full version support, it could be PERFECT. Might also be good to have an option to move the status bar to the TOP of the touchscreen, but I'm actually not sure whether or not that would be better.

Arimasen
November 4th, 2006, 20:43
Wow. If this runs very smooth, I will definately download it (hell, I'd download it regardless, ITS WOLFENSTEIN)

JKKDARK
November 4th, 2006, 20:50
I love this game :)

TheLazy1
November 4th, 2006, 21:51
Some more info to clear things up:

- Sound does work, but not for picking up ammo/treasure (at least for now)
- Music will require pre-conversion PC side ( if I can get it playing on the DS )
- Saving/Loading will not support flashcarts ( at least initially )
- The game runs at a maximum of 35fps, this is due to an engine cap which will not be removed
- So far I have only tested the demo versions of wolf3d and spear but they work perfectly.
- Savegames will break between updates, this is fixable but for now there are bigger issues.