PDA

View Full Version : Japanese hardware sales, 23 October - 29 October

Darksaviour69
November 3rd, 2006, 10:28
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2333/japansalesoe6.jpg

Big gains for the DS Lite (again), but the PSP also making is own improvements and over takes the PS2 in sales.

The 360 moves up a place, out selling the GBM, and is getting closer to the GBA SP, but still overall preforming poorly.

Adrenalin
November 3rd, 2006, 11:36
i wonder if 360 will ever beat gba sp (i think it surely will) but of an even higher aim is ps2.

if it beats ps2, i would congratulate microsoft.

hmm, I have had a vision of ps2 sales dropping sharply around christmas....

Darksaviour69
November 3rd, 2006, 11:49

at first i was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered there are only 80,000 (max) ps3 for Japan for Xmas. If they sold that in one week (which they will ) the DS will most likely still be double the ps3 sales, and lets not forget the Wii.

quzar
November 3rd, 2006, 12:52
I just love seeing the number of xboxs sold in japan every week. 7 in a week =P all over japan hehe.

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2006, 15:51
I am a bit surprised to see the xbox360 moving up, but it seems like MS is making progress in japan.

Gold Line
November 3rd, 2006, 17:40
i think the wii will be at the top of the list when it comes out(dec 8) A NEW DEMO FOR PSP IS OUT NOW ape academy 2:D

Veskgar
November 3rd, 2006, 18:24
Again, good for Nintendo. The wild success of the DS Lite will surely provide Nintendo a good buffer and freedom to continue doing what they do best....

Be innovative & fun. Also, it gives Nintendo more revenue to help developments costs of great upcoming games. Theres just something warm & fuzzy about seeing Nintendo doing so well after all these years. And legends like Shigeru Miyamoto still with Nintendo is really comforting as well.

Its definitely good to see the PSP jump a few thousand also. I'd gather thats due to the influx of great games released lately.

A good time in history for the Video Game industry for sure.

Basil Zero
November 3rd, 2006, 19:33
i wonder if 360 will ever beat gba sp (i think it surely will) but of an even higher aim is ps2.

it will probably drop below PSP, when PSP drops below PS3 and Wii

i predict that these will be the sales in Japan.

PS3---First
Wii--Second(for awhile, than it'll be first)
DS-Strong as always
PSP--Fourth and behind
PS2--Still strong, since some people may not have PS2 or have enough money to buy ps3.
GBA SP---Will still beat XBOX360
XBOX360--Will struggle and probably go below some more lol

JKKDARK
November 3rd, 2006, 19:40

PS3---First
PSP--third and behind
PS2--Still strong, since some people may not have PS2 or have enough money to buy ps3.

where's ds?

quzar
November 3rd, 2006, 20:02

PS3---First
PSP--third and behind

The PS2 is gonna keep on dropping. Everyone in japan already has one. Same with the SP. The Micro and both DSs have already come out, so that's gonna keep going down. There is no way the PS3 will be first ever (unless, i can't recall at the moment, if it's the one that comes out first, then it will be first until the wii comes out) simply because of the small number and the current success of the DS.

the_eternal_dark
November 3rd, 2006, 22:57

PS3---First
PSP--third and behind

PS3 may hold the spot, but only until the Wii comes, and even then it will be really close between the two, until the PS3 sells out or no one buys them because of the cost.

Adrenalin
November 4th, 2006, 00:09
where's ds?

yeah.

and i think wii will definitely be winning at the beginning - console numbers much higher - duh!

its gonna be ownage!

ShuzzleBuzzle
November 4th, 2006, 05:06

About a month ago it did. Shortly after TGS.

Basil Zero
November 4th, 2006, 16:55
where's ds?

Forgot about it, sorry, PSP's gonna be Fourth and DS will be third after PS3/Wii

Basil Zero
November 4th, 2006, 16:57
PS3 may hold the spot, but only until the Wii comes, and even then it will be really close between the two, until the PS3 sells out or no one buys them because of the cost.

sry for double post, but u have to remember there is more of a chance of PS3 being sold in Japan than in US, because the PS3s in Japan will be 100 dollars less than in the West

jazb11
November 5th, 2006, 05:21

PS3---First
DS-Strong as always
PSP--Fourth and behind

XBOX360 has blue dragon coming out (10,000? preorders) and it's probably impossible for the PS3 to be first until maybe next year due to lack of units.

the_eternal_dark
November 8th, 2006, 04:36
sry for double post, but u have to remember there is more of a chance of PS3 being sold in Japan than in US, because the PS3s in Japan will be 100 dollars less than in the West

True, forgot about that. These numbers will be interesting in the coming month. But the limited number of consoles also has to be taken into consideration. The Wii has a load more than the PS3, as Nintendo and Sony both projected. It will be close until they both sell out.

Darksaviour69
November 9th, 2006, 09:52
well since there are only going to be 80,000 PS3's for japan and the DS is selling 150,000+ per week, i don't think the ps3 is going to beat it. Mostly it will be DS or WII at the top then ps3, then eith ps2 or psp