PDA

View Full Version : Wii To Support Custom Soundtracks? Cool!

wraggster
November 3rd, 2006, 16:21
The kiosk hounds of NeoGAF snapped a handful of photos of the up and running Gamestop Wii display units, only to uncover a heretofore unknown (possible) option for Monster Games racer Excite Truck.

Appearing on the sound options menu, the SD Card option, seemingly inactive here, leads us to believe that the potential for reading MP3's from the memory card will at least be an option in one game.

Nintendo has made mention of MP3 playback previously, indicating that custom soundtracks would be available during Wii Photo Channel slideshows. This makes the muddin' hayseed within want to fire up some Mountain or Skynyrd... hell, any southern rock will do... and pick up Excite Truck at launch. Curse you and your attractive feature set, Excite Truck

More Info (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126888)

Accordion
November 3rd, 2006, 17:15
now we need usb hard drive support

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2006, 18:16
I was just wondering if the Wii would support mp3's and other music file types on SD memory and give you play back options on its "dashboard". I guess will have to wait and see but obviously some custom sound track options will exist. Good news :)

I heart Nintendo
November 3rd, 2006, 20:56
Even though i doubt I'd use the custom soundtrack feature - it's still cool! *Yay!*

Accordion
November 3rd, 2006, 21:17
I was just wondering if the Wii would support mp3's and other music file types on SD memory and give you play back options on its "dashboard". I guess will have to wait and see but obviously some custom sound track options will exist. Good news :)

most likely, the photo channel is confirmed, so why not a music channel, its not like the channels are is short supply...

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2006, 21:33
most likely, the photo channel is confirmed, so why not a music channel, its not like the channels are is short supply...

I obviously havnt done as much research as you. :)

Accordion
November 3rd, 2006, 21:47
go here
http://uk.wii.com/
the videos make me too excited...not too long to wait though...no actually it is, c'mon dammit!!!
arghh

emuking
November 3rd, 2006, 23:56
i hope they make a music and video channel, i also hope wii can play dvds so that there is a dvd channel, please nintendo bring it to america :)

I heart Nintendo
November 4th, 2006, 01:54
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiii