PDA

View Full Version : DSLearn 0.2

wraggster
November 4th, 2006, 01:31
Zarxrax (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=11921#for):

- Fixed lots of bugs
- Larger, easier to read font
- Cards can now contain much more text
- Supports more than one text file at a time (this is not very useful yet)
- Keeps track of how many cards you have answered correctly

Heres more info about this release.

The basic idea of the program is essentially the same as physical flash cards: you put a word on one side, and a definition or translation or whatever on the other. You look at one side, then see if you can guess the answer. Then you flip the card over and look at the answer, to see if you guessed correctly. The "right and wrong" buttons really don't do much of anything yet aside from advance to the next card, but eventually the program will keep track of the cards you mark correct and the ones you mark incorrect. This means that you could potentially put thousands of cards into the database, and you don't have to waste time going through the ones that you know well--the program will be able to focus on the ones that you have trouble with.

As for the drawing pad, I mainly included it for studying kanji. If and when this program gets the ability to display kanji characters as text, it will be useful to practice drawing them.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

discoani
November 7th, 2006, 06:26
sweet, i've been looking for something like this. Any kind of learning tools is great. I am going to use this to practice mandarin and chinese

thaivo
January 23rd, 2007, 23:01
Very Nice, just what I needed. Thanks!