PDA

View Full Version : PSP New Ver. HardWare TA-086

Destroyer699
November 4th, 2006, 19:22
Ookm (http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/11/psp-new-ver-hardware-ta-086.html) has posted news of a new Hardware variation for the the PSP.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/TA-086.jpg

Nothing else is known whats new at this time but with Sony being unable to crush the homebrew scene via firmware updates this may be their latest weopen.

Discussion Via Comments

ExcruciationX
November 4th, 2006, 21:47
Great :( ...

valar
November 4th, 2006, 23:01
i think the main reason is that they just want to block homebrew iso loaders...isn't it right?

-=me=-
November 4th, 2006, 23:07
if there is a will, there is a way. it will be a great day when these hard drives are cracked

the_eternal_dark
November 4th, 2006, 23:09
i think the main reason is that they just want to block homebrew iso loaders...isn't it right?

Yes, for the most part. That, and the piracy of other systems roms.

Vega
November 4th, 2006, 23:17
Bugger.

Destroyer699
November 4th, 2006, 23:19
I knew somthing like this was coming. I bet almost anything that they wont put ic1003 at the top right so you get confused and try to downgrade it. That way, after you brick it you have to buy another.

the_eternal_dark
November 5th, 2006, 00:17
I knew somthing like this was coming. I bet almost anything that they wont put ic1003 at the top right so you get confused and try to downgrade it. That way, after you brick it you have to buy another.

Return it back to Sony if you do, unless the have some sort of hardware footprint system that Sony can tap into to see how naughty you were and deny your return and send you back your brick and a nice note from them about you being naughty.

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2006, 00:19
omg, sony unleashed a demon motherboard! RUN!!

PoorKingz
November 5th, 2006, 00:28

they wouldnt want you to by another psp. they would lose money.

S34MU5
November 5th, 2006, 00:40

They yould lose money?
i dont think so.........:p

the_eternal_dark
November 5th, 2006, 00:48

They would if it got people to stop pirating. Software sales is where they make their money.

penileartery
November 5th, 2006, 00:55
what ever happened to the good ol' fashion motherboards that supported all the homebrew stuff. i donno but i want them back now! so i can buy another that or ill make a little stop at gamestop.. :p so i can have 2 psp's when this whole mame with wifi comes out so i can work my bro

mastersho
November 5th, 2006, 01:05
OMG! sony suxs now! they try to kill hpmebrew, the greatest thing in this world.

punkypine
November 5th, 2006, 01:08
apparently they also killed the english language.

the_eternal_dark
November 5th, 2006, 01:11
what ever happened to the good ol' fashion motherboards that supported all the homebrew stuff. i donno but i want them back now! so i can buy another that or ill make a little stop at gamestop.. :p so i can have 2 psp's when this whole mame with wifi comes out so i can work my bro

It's not that Sony is against homebrew, but that they are against the piracy capabilities that the older motherboards presented, such as iso loaders, umd rippers, devhook .45, and on and on. They lose a lot of money due to piracy, hence the reason for the new motherboards.

Vega
November 5th, 2006, 01:11
Hey man.. noting wrong with hpmebrew.. its better than nohmebrew... homiebruw and housebeer. :D

claquesous
November 5th, 2006, 01:47
i dunno...i'd take housebeer over hpmebrew anyday

quzar
November 5th, 2006, 01:57

yes, but they would lose less money than if you did not buy another ;)

They yould lose money?

The idea is that they lose money on every psp sold. They sell them for less than it costs them to make them. The flaw with that logic is that if the psps don't sell they lose all the money they spent on it, as opposed to some of it.

gotmilk0112
November 5th, 2006, 04:03
Hey man.. noting wrong with hpmebrew.. its better than nohmebrew... homiebruw and housebeer. :D

omg you forgot hipnntw and jomntew!

but i dont want to stinkin' housebeer! :p

damn yo $onĄ with t3h yuor m0th3|2|30@|2D updates!! mad:

$onĄ$onĄ$onĄ = gayzor

cloud_952
November 5th, 2006, 04:52
Now.. why is it that everyone's freaking out and we don't even know if there are significant changes to this mother board? o_O Do people just like to panic? Really.. it seems that even mentioning "Sony" will bring out an onslaught of how evil they are, etc.

o_o We don't even know if there are significant changes yet. Give it time. Note that this is very common for systems to change mobo setup and design over time. The PSX and PS2 both had quite a few different revisions. The Xbox is up to.. what, 6-7, last I checked.

XioN980
November 5th, 2006, 06:37
BTW 0okm posted on his blogg you can check for the MoBo the same way as an 082

kando
November 5th, 2006, 06:46
its pretty obvious what the possible outcomes of this motherboard are...if they are all shipped with 2.8x than either the motherboard will brick if 2.71 or lower are installed, or it will be the same as ta-082 (anything lower than 2.50 = brick).

but there is also the possibility for new exploits to be found! if anyone can find em...0okm can :)

At 6/15/2006 04:58:36 AM, eja said...

??

You started with 1007-F, fw 2.00, then change index.dat to make it look like 1.00. Ok. Then you cannot run your flash-code.

You have to boot the PSP to your 1.50 or 1.00 FW with the help of hardware, so you soldered 20 wires. Right?

At 6/15/2006 08:32:06 AM, 0okm said...

no
this PSP come with 2.71
so i remove the MCP
program it
and resoldering it

At 6/15/2006 03:57:12 PM, eja said...

So you can remove a +100 ball BGA chip, reball it and place it back !?
Whoa! :D :D :D

At 6/15/2006 04:14:25 PM, 0okm said...

yes :P

At 6/16/2006 06:17:36 AM, eja said...

do you clean and use new solder balls or just add solder paste or wire to the pads ?

At 6/16/2006 07:08:31 AM, 0okm said...

remove MCP from PCB
reball MCP's BGA ball
reprogram MCP with a BGA socket
resoldering MCP direct to PCB

At 6/16/2006 07:13:08 AM, 0okm said...

remove, reball, resoldering 137pin FBGA MCP Tools about USD1,000-
137pin FBGA socket about USD200-

At 6/16/2006 07:36:04 AM, eja said...

Sigh.

:D

samthegreat68
November 5th, 2006, 07:15
They yould lose money?

yeah the psp is sold at a loss, and all the profits are from software. but as long as my 1.5 dosnt brick im ok with this, it'll be cracked one way or another

vladiftodi
November 5th, 2006, 10:22
its probably a firmware restriction maybe up to 2.82? maybe thats why they released 2.82 itself, it will be cracked as others, u can run homebrew via 2.71 on ta082 cant you?
actualy its only firmware restriction u cannot run 1.5 but since its kernel mode there, if taking full advantage none needs it actualy so no worries at all

NoQuarter
November 5th, 2006, 11:00
I doubt sony is still losing money on the psp hardware,although it is possible...
The psp will not be sold at a loss forever, it's part of the projected plan once the manufacture costs drop from producing enough of them..
I am really curious to see what is truly new about this motherboard,Sony has been the most homebrew friendly of the big 3.They just don't like piracy.IMHO they're cool with the homebrew just not bootlegging.It would be a godsend if this new hardware supported this theory.

Shrygue
November 5th, 2006, 11:03
If the TA-086 motherboard is in the making, how is it possible to identify it without disassembling your PSP. We can spot TA-082s easy by looking inside the top right-hand corner of the UMD drive, now how about the TA-086?

quzar
November 5th, 2006, 11:11
Sony has been the most homebrew friendly of the big 3.

o_O How do you figure? Both the xbox and xbox360s have massive homebrew or piracy, and the NDS has a huge share of both as well. The only difference with the NDS is that you need a flashcart of some sort, which, considering the price difference between the two consoles, it's not a huge deal.

NoQuarter
November 5th, 2006, 11:12
I believe an earlier post in this thread mentions that the old method of identification works for the new mobo, if my memory serves me correctly.

Sorry quzar,we were posting at the same time and I had to edit.
I figure sony has been the most friendly to homebrew because of the yarozee,PS2 linux and the devkit and the convenient fact that 1.0 psp's ran unsigned code.Let us not forget that the PS3 is PUBLICALLY supporting homebrew.

Although I believe that microsoft will also be supporting homebrew on the 360.

quzar
November 5th, 2006, 12:12
I believe an earlier post in this thread mentions that the old method of identification works for the new mobo, if my memory serves me correctly.

Sorry quzar,we were posting at the same time and I had to edit.
I figure sony has been the most friendly to homebrew because of the yarozee,PS2 linux and the devkit and the convenient fact that 1.0 psp's ran unsigned code.Let us not forget that the PS3 is PUBLICALLY supporting homebrew.

Although I believe that microsoft will also be supporting homebrew on the 360.

yarozee and ps2 linux are jokes. have you ever used ANY homebrew made with them? Not only did you have to pay quite a bit for them, but they suck. Yarozee was made as a promotion for a user created game, which was published and released, but other than that, almost nothing. Also, if Sony had intended for the psp to support homebrew, then all firmwares would. The fact that 1.0 psps do is an undesired problem, not something purposfully designed.

As for the PS3 supporting homebrew, I doubt it'll be anything usefull.

NoQuarter
November 5th, 2006, 12:33
I can understand your point but at least sony has made some effort,if it is half hearted.I admit that PS2 linux was a joke with that RTE garbage!!!As far as the 1.0 running unsigned code that's an awfully big oops considering the amount of piracy that went on with the PS1&PS2.I like to pretend it was a market experiment by sony but I may be delusional at times.As far as PS3 goes,well, we'll just have to see.
Thing is,if sony does support homebrew they could only do it publically on a limited basis as they wouldn't want to remove the need for their expensive licsenses and devkits.But hey,I could be wrong.It is just a theory...

Oh,to answer your question:
No, I have not used any homebrews made with either.I entered the homebrew scene long after these things were released and getting homebrew on the PS2 was such a hassle I didn't want to even bother with it.I gotta say I was pretty pissed when I found out you couldn't put linux on the PS2 without breaking the law(unless you bought the kit).I mean linux is supposed to be free and requiring people to use the RTE was just plain crap.