PDA

View Full Version : Pump It Up heading to PSP (in Korea, at least)

wraggster
November 5th, 2006, 09:46
Via PSPFanboy (http://www.m.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/04/pump-it-up-heading-to-psp-in-korea-at-least/)

PSP continues to prove itself as one of the best platforms for music games out there. Pump It Up is a game very much like Dance Dance Revolution, and it's insanely popular in Korea. PSP Vault discovered a new listing for a PSP version of the popular dancing game on Sony's official Korean website.

The homebrew community embraced dance-style games through projects like PSP Revolution. However, DDR and its clones require you to input buttons that correspond to up, down, left and right. Pump It Up uses diagonals and a center button: how will these be mapped on the PSP? Puzzling, no?

Screen Via Comments

doverkiller
November 5th, 2006, 10:31
woohoo :D
I want this so baaad!! :D
still didn't master the DJmax portable :S

shrimpidy
November 5th, 2006, 12:02
I love pump it up! Maybe its cus I'm korean but its awsome.

Endlessrain
November 5th, 2006, 23:27
It'll be interesting to see how Pump ports the controls to the psp

I hope it doesnt use the analogue stick >_<

samthegreat68
November 6th, 2006, 05:29
gayyyyyy without a dance pad this game sucks!!!!!

Nashxyzz
November 7th, 2006, 04:39
I know how they should do the controls:

down (dpad) = down left
L = up left
x = down right
R = up right
right (dpad) and/or square = middle

If they aren't I'll be completely shocked and disgusted cause I don't see a better way unless they come out with a device similiar to the hand ddr pad thing, which will sux cause the ddr one did. O yea, didn't ddr hit jap gb/gbc a long while ago with beatmania and pop'n music? I know they did :D

mlcurly16
November 7th, 2006, 21:38
how will these be mapped on the PSP? Puzzling, no?

Screen Via Comments

Possibly using a hookup mini-controller that plugs into the USB port? What i'm saying is along the lines of the DDR Gameboy series, and their special controller.

JKKDARK
November 7th, 2006, 23:01
These games are good. I hope to see Feet Of Fury on PSP.. someday :)