PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] FF7 running on new Psx-P alpha 2

magixien
November 5th, 2006, 11:54
Psx-P is now on a brand new alpha 2 version.
(the port is now from PCsx 1.6 beta)

Yoshihiro now works on a new version based on PCsx beta 1.6
The result is better and the compatibility list is now bigger.

The speed is not relly good but quicker, really quicker than the first release.

This version is internal and not released.

Two videos ''live and clean'' on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tO5vzHMYJQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIcRhH6fslI&mode=related&search=

Official thread (in french): http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2613&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Have a nice day !

MaGiXieN
Webmaster of www.PSPGen.com official site of Psx-P

View & Give Feedback Via Comments

NoQuarter
November 5th, 2006, 11:56
Interesting...
This is not based on the same port is it?

weirdelf
November 5th, 2006, 12:00
cool

JD/
November 5th, 2006, 12:06
Thats awesome I dont care what people thinlk of yoshi competition is always good.

The FF7 video is good from the intro it looks as fast as ps1p but a bit choppier at the top it says its going about 25fps

Ridge racer is definetely faster but I didnt see the fps on the vid

skater9269
November 5th, 2006, 13:54
I thought yoshi said he quit.Well im glad that he didnt and I cant wait for this and ps1p to.

tuta
November 5th, 2006, 14:08
he said he wud after this release regardless its sad to see an unfinished emu being left behind

JKKDARK
November 5th, 2006, 15:59
I only hope that this one will not be illegal again..

Tinnus
November 6th, 2006, 16:06
It will be if he doesn't release the code, since it's still PCSX.

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 16:10
So is psx4all, and yet, no code.

Tinnus
November 6th, 2006, 17:19
:rolleyes:

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 18:02
I want a psx emu, soon that would give my PSP the final touch, maybe plus a few other things

x-zero
November 6th, 2006, 18:10
Their a lot of people talking BS about Yoshihiro but you see them downloading his psx-p.

onemic
November 8th, 2006, 18:32
well yoshihiro does suck. He steals money from people by making up BS about bricking psp's. Then he goes and violates the terms for using the pcsx emu.

the_eternal_dark
November 8th, 2006, 19:06
well yoshihiro does suck. He steals money from people by making up BS about bricking psp's. Then he goes and violates the terms for using the pcsx emu.

Actually, the bricker was a test downgrader that was stolen from him and released prematurely. Do your research. Yoshi isn't all that bad, aside from the pcsx crap.

Vega
November 8th, 2006, 20:26
Quite decent looking. No matter what anyone thinks of him... another ps1 emu is always great... no matter how he managed to build it. I highly doubt that the people bashing him will also listen to their own words and not download his work.
Still . . . I didnt see much point in constantly zooming into his name on the top of the emu... we know already!

But still..... fair play to him.

LoveMeLoveMe
December 13th, 2006, 09:58
This has ps1p beat, it plays the intro. And in my opinion, I've played ps1p's emulator and I think the framerates faster on this emulator. But in either case, I hope you guys continue your work. Having two emulators is good, because one may be better then the other in the end. I like this one alot because it plays the movies!!! ;)

I can't wait until it plays sound though, and the frame-rate be at playable rates. Sony is being assholes, and charging for games we already own with there new psp shit thing.

mr_nick666
December 13th, 2006, 12:49
Interesting... :) The flickering would suggest a high frame skip I guess :rolleyes: I just want to play FFVII, Crash Racing, Crash Bash and Soul Reaver on my PSP then I'll be happy! :D

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 12:52
Its nice to see some updates... but I'd rather have an early xmas pressie and have an update on the N64 emu! :)