PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Final Fantasy 7 sur Psx-P alpha2 Internal

wraggster
November 5th, 2006, 13:49
Magicxien (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2Fmodules. php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D2613&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools) has posted news of the latest WIP news from Psx-P the Playstatiion Emulator for the PSP:

Heres the translation:

Here thus two news vidéos showing two plays turning on Psx-P: Ridge Racer to allow you to compare with the version that you have in hand and especially that of FF7. Contrary to PS1P, here you see the loading of the play starting from the interface of the PSP. Thus not of possible cheating.

In the current version of this emulator, speed of execution always rather slow but with good is progressed since the first release. The list of compatibility of the plays increases even if there are always bugs to be treated.

Yoshihiro with completion rewrites Psx-P starting from PCsx 1.6 beta and this version in video is thus now Alpha 2 and either beta.

Still not of dynarec in sight and you will be able some on this subject at the time of next the news to more come from here a small hour.

Videos Here -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tO5vzHMYJQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIcRhH6fslI&mode=related&search=

Its great to hear news from the Psx-P camp lets hope that the release of source on the nest release happens so that the problems that attacked the first release dont reoccur.

Im rather sad to see the comment about PS1P, not that i have to defend if the emulator is real or not as i have it sitting on my PSP but well in the end all will be revealed.

Mr.Denny
November 5th, 2006, 14:02
Nice to see it still in progress even if i`m more looking forward to the PS1P :)

jimmi
November 5th, 2006, 14:02
SWEET! this aint lookin too bad....

tuta
November 5th, 2006, 14:05
Looks great it looks like its runin at about 20-25 fps but regardless I havent been in the scene for long but it would be a pity to see a coder with a good emu quiting the scene:(

jimmi
November 5th, 2006, 14:08
not being pushy or like angry or anything but does anyboy now the release date ? or is this still a work in progress and not going to be released for the next month or so... ?

Babas
November 5th, 2006, 14:09
Cool videos, we can continue dreaming with the 100% XD
wraggster why the anonimus of the Ps1-p dont wana show a beta from his emulator??

tuta
November 5th, 2006, 14:15
not being pushy or like angry or anything but does anyboy now the release date ? or is this still a work in progress and not going to be released for the next month or so... ?

Its titled WIP so yea its uncomfirmed he is rumoured to be leaving the scene and if you see the videos I dun think he will releases it at its state now

If he is indeed leaving he'll want to leave a good name by releasing a good emu right:)

Generator
November 5th, 2006, 14:19
Sweeeet. I cant wait for this.
Whats up with the rooster I keep hearing in the background though? lol

jimmi
November 5th, 2006, 14:26
o yeh i didnt quite know what WIP meant cheers

jguba7892
November 5th, 2006, 14:31
is there a reason that the orange load light didnt blink once during that video??

nyrtrublue
November 5th, 2006, 15:26
he zooms in and out so you cant even tell if the light is blinking and i saw it blink in the beggining

SpacemanSpiff
November 5th, 2006, 15:43
Looks great it looks like its runin at about 20-25 fps

How clueless are you? Do you even know what a frame is, or a second is? The videos were running at 5 fps, TOPS. BTW if the FF7 video was running at 20-25 fps it would be moving FASTER than the real game, since the CG cutscenes in the real game only ran at 15 fps.

JKKDARK
November 5th, 2006, 15:52
mazing news! i can't wait :)

valar
November 5th, 2006, 16:09
this is what i call a proper proof.nice work.keep it up!!!

Basil Zero
November 5th, 2006, 17:49
nice! cant wait!

JD/
November 5th, 2006, 20:04
There are quite a few psx-p videos on youtube and they all look real to me and at a decent speed and tuta probably said that it was 20-25 fps because it was what it said in the black bar on the emu if you look at some videos and pause them.

BTW did'nt the ps1 run games at 60fps and not 15?

emuking
November 5th, 2006, 20:44
i wonder why two different people are working on improving the same emu while not working with eachother, shouldnt they team up and improve the emu themselves as a team

gordon
November 5th, 2006, 20:55
Great stufff! Too bad we're never going to be able to fit FF7 in an entire memory stick...
The guy was loading the game off the usb host. That's why the orange memory stick light never blinked that much.

valar
November 5th, 2006, 21:15
is there a reason that the orange load light didnt blink once during that video??

it blinks many times.watch it carefully.:)

brainpan
November 5th, 2006, 21:30
Great stufff! Too bad we're never going to be able to fit FF7 in an entire memory stick...
The guy was loading the game off the usb host. That's why the orange memory stick light never blinked that much.

How silly! Of course you can put ALL of ff7 on 1 memory stick. You can easily put all three discs on a 2gb or 4gb stick. Consider however that you dont need all three discs on the same ms though, you will probaly only need a 1gb stick(with room to spare).

SnesR0X
November 5th, 2006, 21:33
yeah, but with a 1 gig you would need to compress it, good thing i have two 2 gig sticks:)

dagger89
November 5th, 2006, 21:35
I love the fact its an internal release... only adds to the creditability! And we all remember those downgrader videos from the same person... Good times, good times... And he goes and smack talks PS1P, which apparently runs faster than this garbage...

Exophase
November 5th, 2006, 21:44
Ahh, never ending hype and competitive spite.

I thought it was kind of silly when the PS1P video of FF7 surfaced, given that there was an original claim that it ran 90% of all games (which of course was probably bogus) - if it could run it at fullspeed with sound, in battle, then that'd be something worth showing perhaps. But it seems to me that showing a video of FF7 is a good way to make your emulator 10x more hyped than showing some other random game, because the game is so insanely popular.

Then out comes a video of PSXP running FF7 to try to show up PS1P, only it seems to be running noticeably slower. So to try to warrant this display they claim PS1P is fake (which it clearly isn't). Good stuff.

gordon
November 5th, 2006, 21:44
I have 1GB + 4GB. Man i think i've spent over 1000$ on my PSP. Holy molly! Talk about supporting sony... Haha.

modcase
November 6th, 2006, 01:11
Meh, more bs from them? I'm not interested in any of their pspcrap (http://pspgen.com).

x-zero
November 6th, 2006, 01:22
That's great news psx-p and Ps1-p what can get better than that.

pkmaximum
November 6th, 2006, 01:28
Hmmm... a video, unfort. I will not believe this like I believe the other PSX emulator for the fact that Wraggster has a copy of that emulator on his PSP. And unlike that one, we just have to believe this is real, rather than having proof to show it is real. But if it is real, I wish the coder all the best luck coding this project, and I look forward to seeing his work.

Exophase
November 6th, 2006, 01:48
Hmmm... a video, unfort. I will not believe this like I believe the other PSX emulator for the fact that Wraggster has a copy of that emulator on his PSP. And unlike that one, we just have to believe this is real, rather than having proof to show it is real. But if it is real, I wish the coder all the best luck coding this project, and I look forward to seeing his work.

Why wouldn't it be real? Why would anyone fake an emulator and make it perform worse than the other one?

Who cares anyway?

dagger89
November 6th, 2006, 03:40
Why wouldn't it be real? Why would anyone fake an emulator and make it perform worse than the other one?

Who cares anyway?

a)Why would anyone fake a downgrader video? o.O...

b) To make it seem more "realistic" than PS1P... PS1P at this point seems to run FF7 pretty fast... Sum ppl would doubt that, so Yoshi may be trying to show a more "realistic" release...

Think about, if a Gamecube emulator suddenly came out of nowhere for the PC, promising near fullspeed on most games, who would believe the coder? Or just look at the VirtualPSP nonsense....

pkmaximum
November 6th, 2006, 04:05

Who cares anyway?

People surprise me more and more with the things they hoax. I thought why would people hoax a ps1 hard coded final fantasy VII emulator that was supposedly slow as hell, and crashed a lot. But apparently that was hoaxed too. So what makes this a whole lot different from that situation. Also it comes from www.psp-gen.com Of course people are going to hold their suspicion.

Also I never said this emulator was fake. That is why i included, if this emulator is real, then I wish the best of luck to the coder. Because I really would look forward to having a ps1 emulator on the PSP, and not a bogus commercial one from SONY.

So calm down a bit Exophase =P I certainly think that your work on GPsp V0.8 is awesome, but don't get upset, every time you hear something that you don't understand =P

After all I did study advanced sphycology ;)

DPyro
November 6th, 2006, 04:33
Did you study 'common sense'? :o

Exophase
November 6th, 2006, 04:47
This emulator isn't fake.

Support:

- There have been several videos of PSX-P in the past and they were proven real.
- Since a video of PS1P has been released, doing basically the same thing (and backed by an admin), there isn't a tremendous amount of value associated with faking an inferior one. Unlike a fake years ago this one wouldn't gain any attention.
- Given the state PSXP was already in these videos are very realistic and represent only a minor amount of work from the version publically released several weeks ago.
- Faking the speed to something inconsistently slow like this is a decent amount of editing work.
- Not to mention adding the statistics which are flickering every other frame and seem to match the speed correctly...
- Yoshihiro has a bad enough reputation, why would his friend want to make it even worse by doing something that has such obvious repercusions?
- Is someone really going to be bold enough to post a fake to try to upstage the competition which THEY claim is fake?

If this is fake then all parties involved must have completely lost their minds.

DPyro
November 6th, 2006, 04:53
It's obviously not a fake, as he has already released a version of this before. Plus, Yoshi already said this is his last project and then he quits so it wouldn't make any sense for this to be fake. In this release, he seems to be doing things right, as now he's crediting pcsx team for the core of the emu, and he is making the plugins for the PSP. Hopefully Dax can help him with the Dynarec as that requires some ASM coding skills which seem very rare to find.

Exophase
November 6th, 2006, 04:55
a)Why would anyone fake a downgrader video? o.O...

Same reason people fake a lot of things. Because people are holding out for it and a lot of attention can be gained by faking. While there is a high demand for FF7 emulation on PSP people won't pay much attention to something that does it worse than the competition.

b) To make it seem more "realistic" than PS1P... PS1P at this point seems to run FF7 pretty fast... Sum ppl would doubt that, so Yoshi may be trying to show a more "realistic" release...

By that logic a faker should may as well fake a chip8 emulator, because that's very realistic. The problem is no one is going to care, which defeats the entire purpose of faking something in the first place: recognition. No hoaxes have ever been this unimpressive, and they probably never will be unless the hoaxer isn't thinking straight.

Think about, if a Gamecube emulator suddenly came out of nowhere for the PC, promising near fullspeed on most games, who would believe the coder?

You can't compare something like that to this, but if the authors of one of the already released Gamecube emulators was claiming this I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Of course, I know enough about emulation and these respective consoles to know that less than half speed PS1 emulation on PSP for one game is more attainable than fullspeed Gamecube emulation for most games, on a highend PC.

Or just look at the VirtualPSP nonsense....

What about VirtualPSP? It had numerous signs of being fake. PSXP doesn't.

dagger89
November 6th, 2006, 05:50
Same reason people fake a lot of things. Because people are holding out for it and a lot of attention can be gained by faking. While there is a high demand for FF7 emulation on PSP people won't pay much attention to something that does it worse than the competition.

By that logic a faker should may as well fake a chip8 emulator, because that's very realistic. The problem is no one is going to care, which defeats the entire purpose of faking something in the first place: recognition. No hoaxes have ever been this unimpressive, and they probably never will be unless the hoaxer isn't thinking straight.

You can't compare something like that to this, but if the authors of one of the already released Gamecube emulators was claiming this I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Of course, I know enough about emulation and these respective consoles to know that less than half speed PS1 emulation on PSP for one game is more attainable than fullspeed Gamecube emulation for most games, on a highend PC.

What about VirtualPSP? It had numerous signs of being fake. PSXP doesn't.

I'm just being skeptic... We've TONS of fakers in this community, including PSX emulators for the psp (PSXXX anyone?- The first psx emulator to show FF7 running, which was faked)... I need to have proof..

I HIGHLY doubt Wraggster would be lying. Especially with the proof he's given, plus imagine how crappy this site's rep would be if it was faked... Yoshi's had a pretty craptastic past filled with fake garbage, how can we tell the difference from the past and this? Technical details are rare, and videos are easily faked, Plus the web admin there doesn't have much rep to fall back on, unlike here... Come on...