PDA

View Full Version : Custom SoundTracks For Grand Theft Auto : Vice City Stories!

D0N
November 5th, 2006, 16:24
Here is a guide, written by me, to get your own songs on GTA:VCS!

Requirements:

EAC Audio (attatched below)
PSP (Obvioulsy)
USB Cable (Obvious too)

Here's how to get started. :)

First of all download EAC Audio (attatched below).

Install it to your PC and restart your PC (if required). Put in a commercial CD that you own and convert your MP3's to .toc format.

Once it's done take the .toc files and change the extension from .toc to .gta.

Once thats done take the newly converted files and put them in ONE of the following folders depending on your game region:

EUROPE - ULES00502CUSTOMTRACKS
US - ULUS10160CUSTOMTRACKS

Take the custom tracks folder and put it in your SAVEDATA folder on your PSP.

Start up Grand Theft Auto:Vice City Stories and go to the pause menu, then Audio. In the audio section turn on Custom Soundtracks.

Then get into a car and press left and right to go through your songs like the normal radio stations. You should now hear your own songs.

Congratulations! You now have custom sound tracks in GTA:VCS!

It has been tested by me and works.

Enjoy! :cool:

NOTE: If you have any problems, then please reply to this thread and I will try to help you.

bullhead
November 5th, 2006, 16:32
Is there anyway to to this on a MAC?

D0N
November 5th, 2006, 16:38
Sorry, I don't think you can do this using a MAC.

Accordion
November 5th, 2006, 21:14
it is possible... but stupidly complicated as there is no known consumer atrac3 codec for mac in a usable for...
i got someone to help, sent the files and had them converted for me.

also there is a little problem with your guide... different region games have individual save game names, so you need to change the code at the start to the same as your region save name

D0N
November 6th, 2006, 16:44
also ther is a little problem with your guide... different region games have individual save game names, so you need to change the code at the start to the same as your region save name

Ahh didn't think of that, but how do I find out the other region game save names?

Accordion
November 6th, 2006, 16:55
i only know two, stick these in the first post

europe[not sure about the restricted content versions, if they are even out yet] is the code you posted above: "ULES00502"

and the US is: "ULUS10160" followed by "CUSTOMTRACKS" or an additional save code

these numbers are on the side of the game box, and maybe on the disc, it is game id and every game has one

D0N
November 6th, 2006, 17:42
Ok, thanks, I'll put them in the first post now. :)

-----EDIT-----

Done!

nando_fish2
November 9th, 2006, 00:21
I have the program downloaded but when it checks for a CD it find it, but it will not allow me to make it a PSP file, only to my hardisk as a .wav which i do not need. Why doesn't it work?

AtariFreek
November 9th, 2006, 01:11
You can do this with codemaster's EAC PSP Edition to convert mp3's!

Accordion
November 9th, 2006, 09:01
You can do this with codemaster's EAC PSP Edition to convert mp3's!

thats the app the guide provides...

Carl..
November 12th, 2006, 00:29
I have tried this but when I try and turn the soundtrack on it goes to "Unavailable"

Edit: I forgot I bought a US game, BUT... when I try to listen to the soundtrack, I can't hear anything... and the custom soundtrack's on... :S

Apoklepz
November 15th, 2006, 19:01
This is kinda off topic, but I need to know how it can be done for BurnOut Legends PSP, as somebody told me there's a Homebrew PC application that enables the UMD game to play your own custom tracks. Thank you.

little wanka
November 20th, 2006, 12:26
ive downloaded the program and i understand the folder stuff but when i use that eac program it doesnt say anything about converting it to .toc

little wanka
November 20th, 2006, 12:51
can u help?

dark-romeo
November 23rd, 2006, 18:31
You guys are on the right track.

I was in your exact position and I found out how it worked. You do everything DON has said with the folders and everything. Creating a .toc file.

But what he means by changing the extention of the .toc files to .gta is all you have to do is rename them by ONLY changing the .toc to .gta.

Its as simple as that. Just it needed to be stated in everyday speech not programmer linguo.

Also hint for you all. When you go into your psp under GAMES and into "Saved Data Utility" you'll see one icon of data entitled "Corrupt Data".

DO NOT DELETE THIS. It is your music. It just says that because the psp can't read it but when the game is run technically it can.

Cheers.

dark-romeo
November 23rd, 2006, 18:58
Oh and one more thing to add. Make sure your .gta files are not in a sub folder in the customsoundtrack data folder:

Because this program may put them in folders by album name. Make sure they're not in sub folders.

Cheers again.

chrono75
November 30th, 2006, 18:17
Okay, I'm confused. Is there a program that helps you do this? Or, do you just go in your PSP and move custom tracks to that GTA folder and rename. Which is it, or is it both? Help please!
So, this will allow you to play custom tracks on GTA LCS as well? I've always wondered how to do that myself and I might try out you guys' plans here.

D0N
November 30th, 2006, 18:49
Yes there is a program that helps you to do this..look at the bottom of the first post on this thread. :rolleyes:

chrono75
November 30th, 2006, 19:12
WOOHOO!! IT WORKS!!
Thank you sooo much DON, you have turned a music lovers dream into a reality.
Slap a five!... Up high!... Down low... (tries to pull hand back but, you nail the hell out of it before I can...) Not too slow!
Thanks again bro and great guide!
I had to name my folder ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS instead, and it worked!
I reccoment the song "DUI" by "The Offspring" because it fits the game very nicely!

D0N
November 30th, 2006, 21:28
No problem, glad I could help out :)

BTW What region is your GTA? Because then I can post it in the first post of the thread to help other people.

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 30th, 2006, 21:35
is there a possibility of randomization and the auto switching of a song IE when a song ends another comes in a random sequence?

chrono75
December 1st, 2006, 04:38
No, there is no randomizing songs.
It's the American version, hell I don't really know, but I bought it in America sooo... Sorry, I'm oblivious to some things. And BTW I'm really loving this custom music stuff, it's awesome! Do you think GTA VCS is better than LCS? Probably, but I just want an honest suggestion.
Thanks!

mazonjaaa
December 5th, 2006, 22:49
it doesnt work the file says ther is something wrong with it

Stump
December 6th, 2006, 06:14
thanks, i will try that out

(when i'll get VCS..)
hehe,

trecool999
December 11th, 2006, 20:48
Never mind ;).

I found out that I could choose what song it started with. I guess That one song file was corrupted somehow.

drew4237
December 25th, 2006, 01:17
i've done this before for gta lcs, i already had the program and all of my music but it kinda sucks that i have to have 2 copies of each song if i want to have my music in both games. rockstar didn't think of that when they did it. i have a 2gb stick but only a little left cause of gta, stupid sony.

brutus69maximus
January 7th, 2007, 17:09
I have the program downloaded but when it checks for a CD it find it, but it will not allow me to make it a PSP file, only to my hardisk as a .wav which i do not need. Why doesn't it work?

I know exactly what you mean, I had the same idea. But i went through with it, and it somehow managed to call the filename a .toc

Dunno how it works out, but it does. This is 100% effective guide on how to do it.

p.s. garage goes quite well on GTA.. XD

Custom choonz is bad man!!

hellno bigs
January 14th, 2007, 18:23
this is cool

matt_m99
January 15th, 2007, 03:46
thanks alot dude this really works thanks for all of the help!

matt_m99
January 15th, 2007, 03:50
dude one problem one i try to use the EAC it says: the fuiles were not accepted as source wat shoud i do?

matt_m99
January 15th, 2007, 03:54
and also is there any way to do it faster other thatn just like one at a time?

qprmanzz
January 29th, 2007, 13:18
i downloaded the eac thing, and have got a legit album, but whenever i open up custom track the psp icon on the left is greyed out... i do have it pluagged in AND on usb mode.. any help?

Apoklepz
January 29th, 2007, 18:43
I just wanna say that this is an awful waste of time if you're running custom firmwares on your PSP like I am. Look for a plugin.prx that plays your mp3 music from your memorystick without having to go through this legit CD converting crap. Not only will you be able to play your music in the GTA games, but in any game you'd like, even the emulators. Much better.

D0N
January 31st, 2007, 07:39
Yeah but it's pretty useful if you're not using custom firmware ;)

dejkirkby
January 31st, 2007, 13:27
and also is there any way to do it faster other thatn just like one at a time?

You can do loads at a time by holding shift and scrolling down all the music files in the folder.

mobz
February 23rd, 2007, 21:46
i dont know how to how to do this bit.> (Once it's done take the .toc files and change the extension from .toc to .gta.)

can u plzz help me and thank you:) :thumbup:

D0N
February 24th, 2007, 09:59
Click on the .toc file once, then press F2 on your keyboard. Delete "toc" and type in "gta" ;)

mobz
February 24th, 2007, 18:37
emmm i dont kno wat the toc file is.........if u got msn can u help me on there please..thank you:) :thumbup:

Dark Scion
February 28th, 2007, 02:44
Hmm, that plugin-prx mentioned earlier...where would one go to find it?I thought that Irshell was the only play mp3's during gameplay in homebrew for the longest and am pleased to hear otherwise.

Apoklepz
March 2nd, 2007, 20:38
Yeah dude, that plugin.prx IS actually taken from IRshell.

shosantos
March 12th, 2007, 02:26
thanks it works!

funkysi
March 14th, 2007, 17:28
OMG......not only does it work....I think I've found the perfect soundtrack (well, perhaps for the UK players anyway)

If you use the soundtrack from the film "The Business" the game enters a new level....hahaha

Cheers All !!

mobz
March 19th, 2007, 19:01
i done everything properly but then i go to convert mp3 music to harddrive andd then i choose my song and put it in the right folder but then i get this message at 00605d66 -> access_violation...........can someone help me please.:thumbup:

mobz
March 19th, 2007, 21:34
can someone please help me.........

hypnotikpimp
April 3rd, 2007, 00:33
i done everything properly but then i go to convert mp3 music to harddrive andd then i choose my song and put it in the right folder but then i get this message at 00605d66 -> access_violation...........can someone help me please.:thumbup:

word
i get tha same shyt
someone please help me wit thyzz

minime911
April 4th, 2007, 10:53
i couldnt get it to work the last time i tried this but ill try agen and all is gd so far

kakashi_sensei
April 8th, 2007, 02:04
ok so I have the silly rockstar one that you need the cd for but the zip on the front page tells me i'm not logged; but I can post so either I need to register or the site is being queer... I haven't received a email to register:mad:

can someone put it on megaupload and post the link??? :cool:

ahhh.. Google I likes it velly velly mucho
http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/index.php?downloadid=22511

AND... I'm now listening to "Lonely in gorgeous" in a sentinal watching the sun set in the smog of vice city - woohoo:

Lonely in gorgeous, yeah..., Party night... I'm breaking my heart, Ima sugu mitsukete... dakishimete hoshii, Heddoro-ra-ito ga... hikaru, where are you bad boy?, Ai no sukaafu de... namida wo fuite, nanimo mie nai....

I also reccomend "fuc% the police" by NWA

get
April 8th, 2007, 12:38
it will not work it will not even let me extract it

aaron brennan
April 10th, 2007, 21:27

Requirements:

PSP (Obvioulsy)
USB Cable (Obvious too)

Install it to your PC and restart your PC (if required). Put in a commercial CD that you own and convert your MP3's to .toc format.

Once thats done take the newly converted files and put them in ONE of the following folders depending on your game region:

Start up Grand Theft Auto:Vice City Stories and go to the pause menu, then Audio. In the audio section turn on Custom Soundtracks.

Then get into a car and press left and right to go through your songs like the normal radio stations. You should now hear your own songs.

NOTE: If you have any problems, then please reply to this thread and I will try to help you.

how do you change the extension to .gta

bradyjonesexperience
April 10th, 2007, 21:45
how do i convert mp3 to toc and how do i change toc to gta

00s2boj
April 17th, 2007, 19:37
To rename the file extension right click on the .toca file and click 'rename' then delete '.toca' and add '.gta'.

To change an mp3 file into a .toca file open EAC psp edition and drag the file from itunes or the file location onto the program window. It will then prompt you where to save it and promptly convert the file into .toca for you :D

vrock
April 24th, 2007, 14:43
wat folder name do i use if i live in australia

rowanp
April 27th, 2007, 23:49
thanks ot was a great help ;)

solid434
May 15th, 2007, 23:50
i've done everything you wrote up there, first i copied the songs into my pc, then i change the extension from toc. to .gta, and then i created the folder ULES00502CUSTOMTRACKS cause my version is the european one,( even my savefiles start with ules''something'') then i put that folder into my savedata one and started gta vcs, but when i turn the botton its says not available, why is this , please reply me cause im lost.

PD.:the cd i used is the original pearl jam rearviewmirror disc, was that ok???

solid434
May 16th, 2007, 00:04
Problem Solved, Thank you guys, sorry for the waste of time

jackerz_jack
May 20th, 2007, 20:46
ok,im pissing confused someone please explain this from the start to the end with easy steps to follow i will kiss your shoes if you could help me please please help i thank :confused:

RUMDOG
May 26th, 2007, 10:21
hey ive done every thing that don said to do to get custom music i got eac the codemasters version so i can use mp3's i made the folder but ULES00151CUSTOMTRACKS but i dunno if that is the 1 for australia cus i dunno wich folder in my save data folder is the 1 for gta so i used this 1 i converted some music n changed the name 2 .gta n wen i load up custom tracks says off then wen i go to it n press left or right it says unavailable so wat am i doing wrong here can some 1 explain

richardp
May 30th, 2007, 23:28
I've downloaded the program and everything but no matter what, the program won't even recognize if a commercially bought cd is even in my computer! It just always says "No audio in cd drive" even when there is one in there.

Any ideas?

slpknt_badass
June 5th, 2007, 21:06
i downloaded the eac audio and it wont open it says its invalid or corrupted

boyeehypz
June 10th, 2007, 01:52
thanks mate your the guide that only works i post it around the net and to my mates who can't get it working 10/10

RUMDOG
June 11th, 2007, 02:46
hey i got the rockstar custom tracks thing to work but i got another prob now i wanna try playing on line but my psp wont let me connect ive tryed to get the settings for it i got to network settings infrastructure mode new conection n i click scan it should just scan my wireless router but it does't but yday it did for once i was online but i found out it was useing my brothers ps3 n wen it is off i cant connect it uses the seting 4 that only wen its on wen its off iam screwed i can go down the road n use some1 elses wireless connection but its got security settngs on it n my bro wont tell me how to fix it he says its not his prob so he aint gonna do it (grrrr) n i dont no much bout it n or y its not working probaly so if ne1 can help plz do so thank you

kg43123
June 11th, 2007, 03:43
Ok i downloaded the eac thing and everything when i try to convert to toc (or decompress)it Says Access violation PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TRIED LIKE OVER 20 songs...............:confused:

tacomacalistud
June 14th, 2007, 05:11
i downloaded the eac audio and it wont open it says its invalid or corrupted

your not the only one it happened to me too

HELP US we cant get it to work

dees89
June 16th, 2007, 19:40
im tryin to convert my music and i put the cd in but the PSP icon is greyed out and i cant convert.. and the folder is corrupt when i put it in the save data folder ..can anybody help?! PLEASE!

unityballer
June 19th, 2007, 17:42
it isnt working for me please help

dagoldman123
June 19th, 2007, 18:28
im sorry i really dont get it at all, please can u just go through it in plain english pleeez

noggfresh
June 19th, 2007, 20:26
how do i change it from toc to gta???

Maxnoah
June 29th, 2007, 22:49
what is .gta.

tontr92
June 30th, 2007, 22:30
I did what the instructions said but when I went into the car and i only say the name of the song. I didn't hear any noise.

Syc1990
July 2nd, 2007, 01:23
im tryin to convert my music and i put the cd in but the PSP icon is greyed out and i cant convert.. and the folder is corrupt when i put it in the save data folder ..can anybody help?! PLEASE!

Just click the phone icon intead it worked for me

mcdougall57
July 2nd, 2007, 02:19
great guide ive been wondering how to do this for some time now

KylePaul666
July 10th, 2007, 15:02
Don can you tell me step by step what to do in the EAC program i have no clue how to convert all my tracks are there and i also dont know where to put the files because of multiple ulus10160 because they dont have custom soundtrack followed by it

kier1221
July 10th, 2007, 19:28
mine wont change from TOC to GTA

Mr-S
July 12th, 2007, 16:53
so... this plugin.prx where duz that go on ur mem if u want it 2 work for gta then?? the EAC stressin me, i giv it one more shot after this...

NTyler
July 13th, 2007, 23:04
i havent tried yet but does this program need to read form a dis or can it read from a hard drive

Chameleon
July 13th, 2007, 23:09
only from a disk :(

xCrunchie28991x
July 14th, 2007, 19:18
I got my files on my hard drive to work for my game!! Bit complicated guide though. Took alot of time just to get it to work :mad: But nevertheless, still works :cool: :thumbup:

bah
July 14th, 2007, 19:54
A copy/paste of an old post of mine:

1) Download the codemasters custom tracks from HERE (ftp://downloads.codemasters.com/upgrade/Codemasters_EACSetup.zip) (the rockstar one doesnt allow you to convert from mp3s, only from cd).

2) Install and run it, from the 'EAC' dropdown menu in the top left, choose 'convert mp3 music to harddisk', select the mp3s you wish to convert (can select multiple files at once), click open, choose a place to store the output files temporarily and click save.

3) Once its done its work, browse to where the output files are and change the file extension of all the files from .toc to .gta

4) Plug your usb cable into your psp, browse to the folder ../PSP/SAVEDATA and create a folder inside it named as below:
(you should already have a folder with the same name, minus the CUSTOMTRACKS at the end, which is where the save data for your copy of gta is stored)

5) Copy all your files (now renamed with a .gta file extension) to this new directory.

6)Play GTA: VCS, pause, go to audio options and enable custom tracks, get in a car and enjoy.

young_money
July 16th, 2007, 01:18
I have the EAC PSP Edition program but every time i drag a song to it it says access violation and whats the Filename will be ignored thing all my songs are mp3 and the following files were not accepted as a source.

middo_07
July 17th, 2007, 18:54
how do i convert the .toc files to gta format, would i have to burn them on to another disc?

cod_overlord78
July 17th, 2007, 21:01
Hi I use this program and it has never given me any problem. But know whenever I try and convert a mp3 it gives me this error message at 0060867D -> DIVIDE_BY_ZERO and the header is Unhandled exception. I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

AcIdsic6sic
July 19th, 2007, 21:22
I dont know how to change the extention from .toc to .gta..... Help please

Masterz1
July 20th, 2007, 15:24
I have no idea what the EAC audio thing is do U have to extract it please help me

mitchbey
July 21st, 2007, 15:50
it dont werk on my psp im angy plz help emal me [email protected] plz hep

mitchbey
July 21st, 2007, 15:57
it dont werk on my psp plz help emal me [email protected] plz help

mitchbey
July 21st, 2007, 16:01
dis is so cooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllll ty

mitchbey
July 21st, 2007, 16:02
rename it .gta at the end

night-flash
July 21st, 2007, 22:28
hmm..
i have done everything that you have put here, but when i go to the audio menu, it still says its unavaliable.:(
help would be greatful.
thanks!

theman41448
July 22nd, 2007, 00:14
how do u convert them

J4M1E
August 18th, 2007, 20:31
dont get it
its hard when u say like tac. files

dhinsa17
August 22nd, 2007, 20:16
i got the soundtrack on, but for some reason i cant hear the songs, i've tried turning the volume up and everything. help

VampDude
August 24th, 2007, 06:28
i got the soundtrack on, but for some reason i cant hear the songs, i've tried turning the volume up and everything. help

You've not done something correctly then, cause all the help is available from the first post.

Kirsty
August 25th, 2007, 12:59
Can u put your own music on ur Grand Theft auto San Andreas for PS2

pspking2k6
August 28th, 2007, 22:33
does this work with lcs as well?

fabiosousa17
August 29th, 2007, 15:40

Requirements:

PSP (Obvioulsy)
USB Cable (Obvious too)

HOW I change the extension from .toc to .gta:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

fabiosousa17
August 29th, 2007, 15:40
HOW I change the extension from .toc to .gta

jonezybaby
August 29th, 2007, 16:05
rename the file, just delete the .toc and put .gta

so will go from XXX.toc to XXX.gta

Liamfisher15
August 30th, 2007, 15:09
I have done this a different way but i did it so i could play custom soundtracks on liberty city stories and it works but now i have tried to do it with vice city and i cant seem to do both it is either liberty city or vice city i can only choose one. strange huh?

bah
August 30th, 2007, 15:48
No, you can have both without a problem.

Each game only looks inside its respective folder.

With renaming the extension, you may have file extensions hidden (one of the most stupid Microsoft defaults).

Open my computer or any windows explorer window, click the 'tools' dropdown menu up top, select 'Folder Options'. Click the 'View' tab on the new window that pops up, find the 'Hide extensions for known file types' option in the Advanced settings box down the bottom, Uncheck the box next to it and hit ok.

Javier915
August 31st, 2007, 02:13
im thank for the gta eac it is ok but can u use it for mp3's on the harddisk

fandangle21
September 16th, 2007, 14:09
iv done everything that the guide says but only 4 songs seem to work, the others appear but do not play, any idea if its a problem with the file names? thanks

StonrGomer
September 23rd, 2007, 18:14
Ok well
I followed this guide to a 'T'
properly named my folders, converted the tracks changed from .toc to .gta
when I go to custom tracks it says 'off' but as soon as I try to turn it on it just goes back to saying 'unavailable'
what am I doing wrong?

hastings
September 27th, 2007, 18:30
how do i change it in .gta?

Cat-Trapper
October 8th, 2007, 18:09
I just wont to know if anyone has this thing in Office 2007. Its called Groove and when I change the .toc flies to .gta, it changes into a groove file. Is this supposed to happen?

bahamian_kraka
October 12th, 2007, 18:22
:( I read da thing about the EAC AUDIO and i installed it n put in a cd :( n nothin happened my itunes jus came up i don see netin about US thingys or nothin I'm confused please help:(

bahamian_kraka
October 12th, 2007, 21:12
dude :( i did all dat i downloaded da softward n it conversted n i changed the name .toc to .gta n i put it in the pspsaves US sumtin thingy i donno n it still don work can u plz break dis all down 2 me :(

Requirements:

PSP (Obvioulsy)
USB Cable (Obvious too)

ThatRandomGuy758
October 22nd, 2007, 08:12
you will find that to be true but if you continue you will see that it is converting to the .toc output

BlargBlarg
October 28th, 2007, 03:08
how do you change it from .toc to .gta?

alexboy141
November 9th, 2007, 19:43
does the custom tracks folder have to be in the actual GTA save folder?

erick_3
November 17th, 2007, 23:32
how do i change the extension
?

michaelbath
November 18th, 2007, 04:13
i have done everything said to do but it hasnt worked

Demon117
December 8th, 2007, 02:21
this did not work. i tried using mp3's but it still said unavailable. how do i fix it?

MAmyself
December 23rd, 2007, 10:20
hi, i can not open the setup, even when i try with Zipeg. And when i try to extract is just says theres a error and cant open it. Why?:confused:

kawazaki
December 29th, 2007, 17:46
Hey pleaaaaaase i want to play custom ST but i cant i've done every thing but the button that converts files is grey and unavailable pleaaaase help

kawazaki
December 29th, 2007, 18:04
why there is no1 answering

anteopimp
December 31st, 2007, 23:53
the file is curropt :(

bah
January 1st, 2008, 04:56
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=474007&postcount=78

That link works fine for me, the app works and music plays in GTA.

It helps to search/actually read more than just the first post before complaining you cant get something to work.

chicken9061
January 6th, 2008, 01:53
does it work in slim psp

bah
January 6th, 2008, 05:15
I don't have one to test with but I can't see why it wouldn't.

HUMZA1988
January 19th, 2008, 12:21
i can get it 2 work but on liberty cuty but not on vicecity lol

ogs647
January 20th, 2008, 05:14
hey whats up everybody

ogs647
January 20th, 2008, 05:34
i really dont get how to do so

lukepker
January 20th, 2008, 18:20
i just get this unexpected error when i try to convert my music :S plz help

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 14:59
i really dont get how to do so

Read the first (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=268719&postcount=1) damn post, idiot!

riusey
January 24th, 2008, 17:50
Read the first (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=268719&postcount=1) damn post, idiot!

hes right it fuctions perfectly on my slim psp:thumbup:

dirtycocksucker
February 13th, 2008, 04:44
when i do it it only gives me the option to convert to wav file not toc

dirtycocksucker
February 13th, 2008, 04:51
ok finally got the toc...but i turn it into gta...doesnt play

dirtycocksucker
February 13th, 2008, 05:37
****ing blows cant get the songs

Accordion
February 14th, 2008, 15:02
This thread needs closing.

For all the multiple chain posters:
The instruction in the first post are confirmed working by many. All we can help you with in this thread is to use the provided tools and to follow the instructions.

If you are having problems then those problems are not connected to the method posted here and most likely there will be no solution known by members here.

This post is from over one year ago, it is not frequented because the method works.

My apologies, but enough chain posting, if you don't get an answer most likely it because there is no one to provide it.

kiki13
February 14th, 2008, 17:40
Thank you

juggalo fox
February 18th, 2008, 02:36
i have no clue how to convert mp3 to .toc lol

oscar312
February 19th, 2008, 02:05
I dont understand how to use the EAC Audio

oscar312
February 19th, 2008, 02:07
I dont understand how to use the EAC Audio or to cnvert the mp3 music into .toc files :confused:

bah
February 19th, 2008, 04:16
I just tried this again to be absolutely sure it works. It does.

You download the app attached in the first post, install it, then run it. You don't need a cd in the drive
Drag and drop mp3s onto the app and it will pop up a dialogue box asking where to save the converted file to. If you just hit save it will be in the same directory as the original MP3 your converting is in.
Change the file extension from .toc to .gta. If you do not know what a file extension is then take a computer class or learn things the way most people do these days: do a few searches of related terms in a search engine of your choice.
Create a folder somewhere on your computer named ULES00502CUSTOMTRACKS if you have the European release of the game, or ULUS10160CUSTOMTRACKS if you have the USA release.
Copy the files you have converted (now with .gta file extension) into that folder.
Connect your PSP to your PC and put it in USB mode, browse to X:\PSP\SAVEDATA (X being the drive letter of your PSP in 'My Computer').
Move the folder containing the .GTA files into there.
Play GTA: Vice City Stories, get in a vehicle that has radio stations and your custom tracks start playing. I did not even have to enable them from the 'audio' section of the pause menu, it detected they were there itself. Left and right on the D-pad skips between your custom tracks.

If the program wont work under vista (no idea, I wouldn't touch vista with a 10ft clown pole), then try the standard 'fix' of setting the program's .exe to run as administrator.

That is way more detail than anyone should need to get it working. I personally tested the method again a few minutes ago with the EU release and it worked perfectly with no hassles whatsoever.

Can a mod lock this thread now please......
If it's locked perhaps they will read and find their questions have already been answered.

mrcooljustin
February 25th, 2008, 22:50
Thank you very much I thought that I would only be able to stare at the custom soudtrak opition but now I can use it thank you very much

semidub
March 1st, 2008, 16:07
i done evrything it said it still wont work
evry time i go 2 the pause menu and go 2 custom soundtracks it says off wen i click ovr it says unavailble

marcnom
March 4th, 2008, 10:39
Can a mod lock this thread now please......
If it's locked perhaps they will read and find their questions have already been answered.

This not true the access violation error has not been answered jerk. And everytime somebody comes up with the problem it just goes ignored.

I have gone through the different solutions posted on the web for this and none work. I got rid of the lame and ogg acm codecs and installed the atsip(thats not spelled right) for adaptec and nothing still works. And there is no other converter period to use. and all my music is in mp3. All my cd's are at home and I'm at college

bah
March 4th, 2008, 11:50
semidub: You have either not renamed the file extension correctly or you have copied them to the wrong folder.

Marcnom: Yours is is almost certainly either a codec or ASPI issue.

You could (and quite possibly have already) try this: 'Which codec EAC uses for PSP does not matter in this case. EAC enumerates all available codecs at the beginning.
That way, go to Start / Settings / Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices / Hardware / Audio Codecs / Properties / Properties
There select each Codec called either LAME, OggVorbis, ffdshow or similar and choose Properties / Do not use this audio codec / OK', which has fixed the issue for at least a couple of people.

Try installing the nero ASPI layer from their website (free).
Also these things: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/68948

If those things dont work and you are using vista, use XP. If you use XP, try a fresh install with just nero installed (XP does not come with an ASPI layer as standard).

You could have come up with a much better insult than jerk, pompous arsehole would have shown some effort.

Accordion
March 4th, 2008, 17:20
This not true the access violation error has not been answered jerk. And everytime somebody comes up with the problem it just goes ignored.

I have gone through the different solutions posted on the web for this and none work. I got rid of the lame and ogg acm codecs and installed the atsip(thats not spelled right) for adaptec and nothing still works. And there is no other converter period to use. and all my music is in mp3. All my cd's are at home and I'm at college

this forum is not a service, it is made of equal users, there is no obligation by anyone for the service of others.

The method works with no problems for many users, if someone has a problem, but no one posts a solution, then no members know the solution. It is not a case of ignoring a 'your' problem, it is simply that 'your' problem and is not the case with other attempts.

['your' refers to personnel issues that are in the minority. ]

Perhaps you could follow this up with the creators of the programs.

luke132
March 10th, 2008, 01:04
this is soooo confusing

luke132
March 10th, 2008, 01:16
mine says that i have tghe wrong codec ....some one help!!!

bratzbaby
March 11th, 2008, 10:20
i just got about 80 pop up boxs when i tried to open a music file then everything else just shut down ):

bratzbaby
March 11th, 2008, 10:21
what is this casino cash on the left side of my screen mean????

jamie152k8
March 15th, 2008, 14:22
it doesn't work it says 'access violation' then closes

camburn
March 27th, 2008, 00:06
where do you convert mp3's to .toc then .gta.

JAySAy
March 30th, 2008, 22:05
hey i clicked on the attatchment to download the EAC audio thing and i got
it...but when i go to Extract the file because the file is zipped..it says there is nothing to extract?

DaNKaZ11
April 4th, 2008, 22:48
yeah, it kinda dont work... i transfer files saved on2 my computer in2 the software eac fing.. and it sez, save as.. "file name does not matter " and as a psp audio...den wen i click save, it comes up wiv error, " unhandled exception at- 0060867D -> DIVIDE_BY_ZERO.... den it shuts itself dwn.. WTF IS GOING ON !

DaNKaZ11
April 4th, 2008, 22:53
i read dat u went thru it again.. the part where u sed, change it from mp3 to toc. den to gta. wen ur saving it... it only comes up wiv the file extension, or to save it as psp audio format... not a list of toc. or gta. den it jus shuts down neway

rampage007p
April 12th, 2008, 13:24
how do i change from .toc to .gta

bah
April 12th, 2008, 14:24
how do i change from .toc to .gta

Make sure you have windows set to show file extensions (my computer, 'tools' drop down menu up top, folder options, 'view' tab on the window that opens, scroll down to 'hide file extensions for known file types' and make sure the box is not checked).

By default windows hides file extensions because it assumes users would be confused by them (I assume).

Then just right click the audio file you converted, choose rename, then change the end of the name from .toc to .gta

More info not needed to make it work but would help you in future:

File extensions are the last 3-4 characters after the last . in a file name.
They identify what type of file it is, this makes it clear to the user (you) what the file is, and lets the operating system (windows) know what program to use to open the file (so you can double click a picture and have it open rather than having to open the image viewing program then choose the file to open.

ali123
April 13th, 2008, 13:41
Works like charm

SabuHayabusa
May 18th, 2008, 13:09
I did everything u said. It lets me turn on custom tracks but nothing plays.

etan61
May 28th, 2008, 00:05
So How Do You Do It With Songs You Already Have On Your Computer? :confused::confused::confused:

sound-killah
May 31st, 2008, 18:34
:mad::mad::mad: mine doesn't work, it has a whole pile o pop ups sayin the same thing:(:(:( idk what to do:confused:

mickyd82
June 6th, 2008, 20:30
Thanx for ur instructions m8, it worked a treat but u failed 2 mention that wen u copy the music files u hav 2 do it via usb link. I woz trying thru memory card reader but no joy, only after trying everything else did i realise that it had 2 b dun by usb but ur instructions were still very helpful thanx again!!!

Rose of the Eclipse
June 22nd, 2008, 09:25
i just tried exactly as you said, but when i go to turn the custom soundtracks on, it says unavailable and i am not able to change it. please help! i have been trying to get this for a while now. thx!!!

Rose of the Eclipse
June 22nd, 2008, 09:40
i've done everything you wrote up there, first i copied the songs into my pc, then i change the extension from toc. to .gta, and then i created the folder ULES00502CUSTOMTRACKS cause my version is the european one,( even my savefiles start with ules''something'') then i put that folder into my savedata one and started gta vcs, but when i turn the botton its says not available, why is this , please reply me cause im lost.

PD.:the cd i used is the original pearl jam rearviewmirror disc, was that ok???

i have this same problem. how did you fix it? plzzzz help!!!!!

TwilightLover
July 10th, 2008, 04:38
Folder couldn't be unzipped by windows vista onmylaptop,little help?

KH_Fan
July 12th, 2008, 11:03
OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!! not literally but i've been trying to find a way to get custom tracks and its taken me forever. Thankyou. Btw when you transfer it to the hard drive it will say .wav but it will be .toc Thnx again.

69chrger
July 16th, 2008, 06:59
how to convert mp3 to toc some website plzeasy

Shadoe617
July 27th, 2008, 19:21
how can you open a zipped folder???

snyderman
August 7th, 2008, 18:48
umm if u get this i have done ALL steps and still cant get the dang thing to work

August 15th, 2008, 05:56
argggghhh~~~
ur file is currupted!!!
i cant open it~~~

novakcane75
August 25th, 2008, 22:24
it says the file is invalid or corrupted

NaFe_B
October 25th, 2008, 00:55
OMFG it worked fankx so much now i can listen to 2Pac on my GTA VICE CITY STORIES!!!!!!!!!.

Fanx Again\

NaFe

pspgeek
November 2nd, 2008, 20:44
hw do u convert to .toc

talee
January 7th, 2009, 02:24
what do you mean by the ".toc to .gta??? im havin alot a problem. im new to this. please help me out. :( im soo lost and it just keep saying that its have been corrupted. ahhhhhh its confusing for me. im stoopid. lol jk uhhh im following your instruction and the songs came up on a .toc files. am i doing it right?? i put the files onto the saving from my gta vice city stories. is that right too??

talee
January 31st, 2009, 06:29
oh uhhh i did everything right... but... it just that my computer wont let me change (.toc) to (.gta) ahhh is there another way??? :( oh yeah! uhh
how does the saving of the custom soundtracks folder look like in your psp?? does it say CORRUPTED DATA??

talee
January 31st, 2009, 06:38
Ahhh I Need Help Seriously!! Do I Need To Buy A Thing For It??? I Got The Cd And Everything But It Just Wont Show A .toc After The Title Of The Song.. Am I Doing It Right???

Aztecs
March 25th, 2009, 23:57
UCJS10081 is for Japan...

Aztecs
March 25th, 2009, 23:59
oh uhhh i did everything right... but... it just that my computer wont let me change (.toc) to (.gta) ahhh is there another way??? :( oh yeah! uhh
how does the saving of the custom soundtracks folder look like in your psp?? does it say CORRUPTED DATA??

Yes it does. Don't delete it. It's the file with your songs in it. The PSP can't read it; however, when you start up the game, the PSP will be able to. :D

kevin4594
April 12th, 2009, 14:39
when I try to convert the mp3 files it says:

"at 0060867D ->DIVIDE_BY_ZERO"

help piz!!!!!!

renegade_spit
May 5th, 2009, 17:57
thanks a bunch DON!

ukfinderdo
May 5th, 2009, 18:01
It works https://www.revenuecents.com/upload/45/1239783018/random.gifhttps://www.revenuecents.com/upload/50/1239783018/random.gif

bungle
May 21st, 2009, 23:07
nice, i do the same process but with folder as ULES00151CUSTOMTRACKS and same .gta files works in liberty city stories too! :thumbup:

kira.30
July 18th, 2009, 06:58
the extension is .gta or .gta.

crushmush
September 14th, 2009, 21:34
why does it change to groove wen i try to change file extention

ax_colleen
November 28th, 2009, 02:12
cheats for Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands DS?

guide would be good :)

I Kay Oh U
January 9th, 2010, 04:24
thanks it :)