PDA

View Full Version : gpsp0.8 kai 2.1 (GBA Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
November 5th, 2006, 22:39
Takka has released a new release of his Unnofficial version of the GBA Emulator GPSP for the PSP:

Heres the crappy translation:

In the plural values of idle_loop_eliminate_target correspondence (up to maximum of 8). It is to be the intention of doing, but because it does not have the object software, it is corresponding truly or, it is unclear. Please try trying the method which has the software and the data of the object. When the effect has been produced, because it is thing, also the source releases.

Yep the translation is rubbish :D

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

valar
November 5th, 2006, 22:46
hahaha,what a translation.i'm going to give this emu a try.

Gene
November 5th, 2006, 22:46
wow

so what does this update do?

Sterist
November 5th, 2006, 22:49
sooooo..... you put the lime in the coke-you-nut,

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 5th, 2006, 22:51
Yep the translation is rubbish :D

Yes. yes, it is. Good news though :)

Kuffoman
November 5th, 2006, 22:51
Oh yeah, this mod of a great emu is great, too bad an actual update of gpSP isn't out yet, hopefully it'll have Ultimate emulation!:D

gamma
November 5th, 2006, 23:12
The delay of sound in gPSP 06-08 has all gone in this gPSP-kai mod.
Now I can play "Rythm Tengoku" really smooth.

mavsman4457
November 5th, 2006, 23:33
Anyone noticing any differences yet?

zevernos
November 5th, 2006, 23:39
does this still require the Gba_bios.bin to play?

Basil Zero
November 5th, 2006, 23:51
i still dont get it

Gene
November 6th, 2006, 00:03
does this still require the Gba_bios.bin to play?

yes it does.

Tetris999
November 6th, 2006, 00:08
what the hell does this update DO?

Basil Zero
November 6th, 2006, 00:19

i've gotta say, its great to see that the Gpsp is being updated, only wish we knew what was changed in it

tragedie
November 6th, 2006, 00:33

I think he meant that the laggy sound from some games is no longer there. On some games, the sound would be choppy,Battles in Summon Night 2 for instance. I guess this addresses that problem.

Well, I guess I'll try it out to see if its different.

Shiesty
November 6th, 2006, 01:00
someone should fix the mario vs donkey kong bug :(

Exophase
November 6th, 2006, 01:07
someone should fix the mario vs donkey kong bug :(

Yes, and that someone is going to me if anyone at all, almost guaranteed :(

Something that I've noticed about some people is that they get excited about any kind of release, regardless of what it actually does. Maybe I'll release the next version 3 times in a row to satisfy everyone :)

gunntims0103
November 6th, 2006, 01:17
exophase you really should have not made this emu open source untill finished. Now any coder will come and update it and put it out as a unofficail release. I personally am waiting for your offiacial release and that one only. I dont care much for the unofficail release, sorry to say they dont exite me.

exophase i look forward to your release

aries2k4
November 6th, 2006, 01:35
Ya, I donīt bother with these unofficial releases either. unless it has some major difference or feature that I can use, which none of these have had.
Just waiting patiently for the next official release

Veskgar
November 6th, 2006, 01:36
Yes, and that someone is going to me if anyone at all, almost guaranteed
Awesome!! Take your time. Its just good to see you are still fighting hard to make gpSP the most advanced that it can be.

I'm more than content with the current version of the "official" release so I will be waiting anxiously but patiently for a new "official" gpSP release from Exophase.

Besides, can anyone actually list any games that show any meaningful difference using this version?

Basil Zero
November 6th, 2006, 01:41
good to hear too that exophase is still working on the emu.

mavsman4457
November 6th, 2006, 02:27
By the Mario vs. Donkey Kong glitch are you referring to the fact that the mini marios never jump up on the spring? This happened to me and I had no clue how to beat the level. I'm glad that it wasn't just my game. Also, I tried playing Madden 06 on gPSP and it didn't work so I decided to try playing it on VBA on my computer but when it went to picking plays it was messed up. Does this mean that coimpatibility for Madden will be very difficult on gPSP?

disturbed19
November 6th, 2006, 02:42
Hey exophase,

do u think u could possible get DBZ buu;s fury working in our next release........try it and you'll see what i mean.....seems to me like its a simple thing to fix

killaj
November 6th, 2006, 05:38
seems to me like its a simple thing to fix
...that seems like the kind of thing you never say if you dont know what youre talking about....

yourpuertoricanpapi
November 6th, 2006, 05:40
hey to everybody that wonders if this emu works well not talking shit but to everybody that has ever tryed a gba emu wow this is the best one out there it just has to get more stuff to it then we can go from rom to rom next exit out of the who thing yes you are gonna need the bois file for it to run i got a copy of one wow this is just like my real gba i cant believe it happen its great the best out there if anybody needs help to get the file you can im me at soydebayamonpr on yahoo and ill try and help everybody out with the bois file plus roms wow iam trippin its worth all the work from this man that made it or women one love keep up the good job thanks again keep hacking

Basil Zero
November 6th, 2006, 05:43
i'm having a problem with Buu's fury also, for some reason, the buttons dont work

yourpuertoricanpapi
November 6th, 2006, 05:44
are you using the bois file and its not working for you

Mr. Shizzy
November 6th, 2006, 06:02
I usually only resort to unofficial releases if either

A) There is some unbelievable improvements

or

B) The original author abandoned the project.

I'll just stay patient for Exophase to hit us off with the real deal. ;)

EvilDooinz
November 6th, 2006, 06:46
Tekken Advanced plays much better now, the sound is not choppy and is in sync. this is my favorite game for gba-sp thanks a ton guys

samthegreat68
November 6th, 2006, 07:05
i just wish that mario and luigi superstar saga worked...

kando
November 6th, 2006, 07:06
Since I know this is as far as a lot of people here I have a
little request. Please, please, (I'd italicize this if I could)
please stop constantly asking me when the next release will be,
what it'll have, etc. And while you're at it, please stop asking me
to implement wi-fi multiplayer, cheat support, or fix all of your
games. Some things will happen in due time, other things might not
ever happen. I devote about as much time as I can to this emulator
and I carefully include as much as I can in releases to try to
minimize the number of people who will nag me next time (erm, I
mean, to make the most people happy), so I don't release every other
day or anything like that. Sorry that I can't release once a week,
but I'm a lot busier now than I was when I was first developing this
emulator. Good thing I got the first version out before that, wasn't
it?

:) from the readme! just figured that would make ya'll smile :P

tophead420
November 6th, 2006, 07:23
exophase you really should have not made this emu open source untill finished. Now any coder will come and update it and put it out as a unofficail release. I personally am waiting for your offiacial release and that one only. I dont care much for the unofficail release, sorry to say they dont exite me.

exophase i look forward to your release

ye agreed i dont really like uofficial releases either espeiallly when you dont know what was changed lol im just gonna wait for the official release:p :p :p

240-185
November 6th, 2006, 09:45
What's with the archive? It disappears from my PSP!!!

silver32
November 6th, 2006, 12:29
:) from the readme! just figured that would make ya'll smile :P

I figured that that guy is another leecher.

Baboon
November 6th, 2006, 14:12
Its cool that someone else is also working on this emu, but i'll stick with the official ones.

kalhalla
November 6th, 2006, 15:25
Yeah, cool that the emu is being progressed. . .but maybe a more noticable update would be nice?

disturbed19
November 6th, 2006, 18:25
it seems simple to me, if u try it out youll know wat i mean, and ive tried many bios and its all the same.....when u play dbz buus fury. you can press start and the start menu but when you try select a file to play the buttons no longer work

parsifal968
November 6th, 2006, 19:05
just a suggestion to Exophase:
for the sram save currently are two options, one can save in realtime and the other on exit from GPSP.
Why not modify the last and the save is on exit from the game and return to GPSP menu?
No realtime that stress the memory card and the save is done when i go to menu and play another game.

Veskgar
November 6th, 2006, 20:10
Well, Exophase knows gpSP best and has stated that it would not be realistic to expect 100% compatibility. With that said, there are SO many great games that do work (All the ones I care about anyway) it will be interesting to see how the performance can be tweaked.

Then, once tweaked to the limit, it will be cool to see what kind of menu options and/or GUI interface can be added to the "official" gpSP. And maybe sometime in the distant future, ad hoc multiplayer can be implemented. Not sure i that is possible or not but it would be nice.

Exophase has always focused on performance first. And that is why gpSP is one of the best, if not the best EMU for PSP. I kind of like the simple/plain menu & options in gpSP. It has definitely grown on me.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 6th, 2006, 20:20
To be honest i play gpsp more than anything else on my p$p and everytime i see an update i cant wait to put it on my card Exophase really has psuhed the emulation boundries on the p$p to the next level and i hope the scene has this coders skills for many a year to come.

zevernos
November 7th, 2006, 23:36
just asking what the diffrence between this and the normal gpsp

Musoka_Eimin
November 8th, 2006, 00:43
I really wish someone would release a version where I can disable the analog stick, my analog nub sucks it freaks out, and I LOVE this emu. It is just REALLY annoying when my nub starts freaking out and I either die in game, or it will go crazy in the menus and I cant even select my settings properly...

Napalm-Death
November 8th, 2006, 01:07
Yeah, same here. This version lets you disable the analog while playing a game though.

Vega
November 8th, 2006, 01:39
B'ah... I'll wait 'till the great Exophase updates us with an official emulator.
This Mario vs Donkey Kong bug... would it be perhaps that the mini marios won't jump on spingboards? because if it is.. Im gonna' be totally pissed off. Having never played the game.. I thought I was doing something wrong... I checked gamefaqs.com and everything. Man... if I find out this was a bug all along.. I'm gonna feel stupid.
But yea.. it will be the official release for me!

Musoka_Eimin
November 8th, 2006, 01:50
Id still rather see an official Exo release with support for analog disable. Perhaps I will give this one a go for now, and hope Exo releases a build with that option, that would make me SOOOO happy. Love this emu but the analog nub is enough to keep me from using it at times :(

creggC
February 11th, 2007, 05:01
ok so how do i get this too work on my psp 2.71?

Harshboy
February 11th, 2007, 05:34
1) This is outdated
2) This is an old topic
3) I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurrance by using Geiko:thumbup: