PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SEB'' irsmp3 module

wraggster
November 6th, 2006, 00:54
News/release from joek2100:

This is a modified version of the opensource mp3 prx for irshell.
It will play mp3 files from ms0:/PSP/MUSIC (no subdirs).
It has random and sequential play modes, pause, next and a builtin "overclocker".

Copy install and psp to the memory stick and run Coldbird's Universal Module Flasher. Source is included.

Controls:
(The the left of the select button)
Note + Left Trigger = pause/resume playback
Note + Right Trigger = next song
Note + Square = switch playback mode between random and seqeuntial
Note + Triangle = Change CPU speed

To clarify, this is to play music while playing games.
Right now, installing as an xmb module will work, but the sound will get messed up after using usb.
I will fix this for the next version.
If this doesn't work for you, please tell me if you have any other modules installed.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via joek2100 (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1154792&postcount=1)

DarthPaul
November 6th, 2006, 01:01
yay! when i installed 2.71se ive been always wishing this! thanks!

1st post*

kando
November 6th, 2006, 01:02
note you will have to flash this to pspbtcnf.txt and then do it again for pspbtcnf_game.txt

i have no mp3's in my psp so i wont be tryin this....but if anyone has any luck let us know!

also if anyone needs help getting this setup just reply to this post and i'll help out :D

Destroyer699
November 6th, 2006, 01:53
This is pretty cool.

Also btw 1st post noobs are noobs. Just saying.

siulmagic
November 6th, 2006, 02:14
yea iv always wonder y some noobs say im first post or shit like that makes me lough it's like there making something out of it its plain and simple nobish no point in doing it

siulmagic
November 6th, 2006, 02:15
oh btw man great release

Rbman
November 6th, 2006, 02:25
i added it to the pspbtcnf.txt, and it semi bricked my psp, i had to go to recovery, maybe i did something wrong, but ive used that module installer before with no problems

if i install it in a game, wont it always play mp3 when playing a game, because i have a video recorder thing that starts when you hit note + R1

kando
November 6th, 2006, 02:28
hm not sure why its not workin rbman, wish i could help u there...

but yes it will always play mp3 in game unless u tell it to stop :)

Rbman
November 6th, 2006, 02:36
i have that devhook screen capture video prx installed, as well as the oc module, maybe that did something

d3v1l
November 6th, 2006, 06:59
does anyone know a way to make this work in internet browser?i use it a lot n it would be so great if i could listen to music while browsing..btw this works in games but not in xmd

EDIT: edited the Install.dat n now it works in xmb..wut does the pspcbcnf.txt need to be for the internetbrowser? or would xmb n then open browser be the easiest?works but its slow..

kando
November 6th, 2006, 07:07
d3v1l: it should work while browsing in the internet browser....pspbtcnf.txt is for xmb, and internet browser is part of the xmb ;)

try using an overclock mod and set the clock speed to 333 once u start browsing...

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 6th, 2006, 07:45
I have never been able to get IR-Shell to work on 2.71 SE how do u make it run ?.

titch.ryan
November 6th, 2006, 08:13
wow kind of scary the other day i was thinking when will someone make mp3 be played in games on 2.71 se-b. thanks alot hope this works a treat

Xiofire
November 6th, 2006, 12:02
Sounds cool. Been worried about updateing to 2.71 SE-B, cus im confused on how to do it and what all the revisions are about (e.g SE-B', SE-B'') Looks good anyway.
-Xiofire

caseyhalone
November 6th, 2006, 13:49
anyone have a quick guide to get this rockin? or perhaps just a rebuilt version to make it fast and one or two steps?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 6th, 2006, 13:51
How do u make ir shell work on 2.71 se ?

d3v1l
November 6th, 2006, 14:30
i got se-b' ..but thx for the help only when i overclock it to 333 its still slower in the browser then without music.. but theres nuttin to do bout that?

kando
November 6th, 2006, 17:19
eggman, posting the same thing twice wont get any more answers than once....

but to get it to work, go to http://coldbird.lan.st and get his "homebrew corruption fixer" under 2.71 SE tools. it will fix that issue.

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 17:46
How do u make ir shell work on 2.71 se ?

search before you ask
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39814

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 6th, 2006, 18:21
search before you ask
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39814

Would have done if i had known what to search for sure would have beaten the snotty reply i got.:)

kando
November 6th, 2006, 18:29
eggman the answer is ALSO in the original README for the new custom firmware by DARK_ALEX.

so the term "RTFM" also comes into play.

dont complain about a snotty reply when you were too lazy to read, but quick to post the same question twice when u didnt get an answer fast enough.

learn to appreciate help no matter how its given.

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 18:31
(by the way im not just talking about you here)
after so many people as the same thing in a variety of different posts you do get anoyed with it and end up sounding 'snotty'
i appologize if i offended you in any way but next time
1) Search for a little while next time (like see if the questions been asked before in the help section)
2) Ask for help in the help section rather than post in a thread with no relevance to your question (also if you post in help section you are more likely to get more help)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 6th, 2006, 18:35
No probs dude if i had known it was a corruption problem i would have looked looked in the downloads for a fix 1st sooner then ask and look like a complete pleb !! no hard feelings m8 !.

KiraPSP
November 7th, 2006, 15:09
how do I get this to work? do I just run the universal flasher? If I do that it freezes my game after the gameboot and the psp turns off, sorry im a newb and I dont get how to do things very well :confused:

backagainstwall
November 13th, 2006, 05:10
thanks ive been looking for this

Ranmax09
November 13th, 2006, 06:53
Joek2100 just released Version v03a. Get it Here! (http://rapidshare.com/files/3141693/mp3prx_03a.zip.html)

v0.3a: Added more CPU speeds
Added a brightness toggle including maximum brightness(the one that normally requires your psp to be plugged in) (NOTE+X)