PDA

View Full Version : uDCdivx beta 5 Released

DCEmu_Newsposter
June 15th, 2004, 20:23
Mekanaizer has released a new beta of his uDCdivx divx player for the Dreamcast based on Marc Dukettes original port, heres whats new:[br][br]Changes in "Beta 5" release (15/06/2004):[br][br]- FFW a bit more stable[br]- New cache system (re-write it all)[br]- a little more of speed[br]- some things re-added[br][br]try it out here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/udcdivx.shtml[br][br]Leave your findings below.

wraggster
June 15th, 2004, 21:08
Please leave feedback on this, heres an email to me from MEKANAIZER HIM SELF:

The player works really great for my needs (movies).
Now i need help from all of you. And really good
feedback, since i made my best in this release. And a
future release only be out to public if i get really
good feedback. So for now uDCdivx will be
public-stoped/private-wip, but not dead. I have other
projects to take care of.

I hope you understand what i mean with this.

-Mekanaizer-

fackue
June 15th, 2004, 21:10
Cool, I'll burn this puppy later today.

Off topic - Your Dev-C++ package's link isn't working in your Downloads page, Mekanaizer.

wraggster
June 15th, 2004, 21:16
at 75mb its a little heavy

best to dcc in IRC i think ;)

guymelef
June 15th, 2004, 22:33
does still have resoultion requirments?

Mekanaizer
June 18th, 2004, 01:14
Hi

Yes guymelef it still has the res thing 496*496.
Since it is the only thing in the player that is from oficial DCdivx the rest is all new.

And it will be the last uDCdivx to see the public (but i will still wip it). Since iam moving to other projects not only for DC but for other SEGA consoles since that is where i can from.

-Mekanaizer-

Christuserloeser
June 18th, 2004, 02:50
And it will be the last uDCdivx to see the public (but i will still wip it). Since iam moving to other projects not only for DC but for other SEGA consoles since that is where i can from.

That's great to hear! I can't wait to hear more about what your plans are :)

Off topic - Your Dev-C++ package's link isn't working in your Downloads page, Mekanaizer.

What is this Dev-C++ package? Can you give me some more info about this?

Chris

Alexvrb
June 18th, 2004, 05:05
Good luck, Mekanaizer.

guymelef
June 18th, 2004, 05:29
darn.
hey meckanizer, would you say that it is impossible to see a fully functioning divx player for the dc? You know, a player that has close to the same compatibility as it's PC counter parts? I know that it won't be your focus, I just want your opinion.

fackue
June 18th, 2004, 06:16
What is this Dev-C++ package? Can you give me some more info about this?

It had SDL_image and s few other libraries that were not in the package I downloaded.

But, I just realized it said "download REMOVED" on this page, so I'll wait until it's up somewhere else. ;)

http://mekanaizer.planetaclix.pt/index_downloads.html

Christuserloeser
June 18th, 2004, 06:45
It had SDL_image and s few other libraries that were not in the package I downloaded.

But, I just realized it said "download REMOVED" on this page, so I'll wait until it's up somewhere else. ;)

http://mekanaizer.planetaclix.pt/index_downloads.html

Thank you fackue. I'll keep an eye on that one, maybe it'll help to allow a Battle for Wesnoth port!?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Dev;action=display;num=1087024756

Chris

Mekanaizer
June 18th, 2004, 14:41
Hi

on Today at 6:29am, guymelef wrote:

darn.
hey meckanizer, would you say that it is impossible to see a fully functioning divx player for the dc? You know, a player that has close to the same compatibility as it's PC counter parts? I know that it won't be your focus, I just want your opinion.
Once a Hitachi 'dude' mail me about that DC can only do CIF MPEG4 videos in software. Without HW help DC acts like a 200Mhz pentium for MPEG4 videos. Sad but it is the truth.

-This is mainly for fackue and Christuserloeser.
I will try to release again the DEV-C++ package i will try to ask Wraggster for some help. You know what help. ;)

-Mekanaizer-

ZIFHER1
July 23rd, 2004, 14:50
QUISIERA SABER COMO SE QUEMA PARA MIRAR EN DREAMCAST
ESTOY JODIDO

IT WANTED TO KNOW AS IT IS BURNED TO WATCH IN DREAMCAST I AM JODIDO

wraggster
July 23rd, 2004, 15:26
sure Mekanaizer

Mekanaizer
July 23rd, 2004, 17:36
Hi

Wraggster, yes iam here :D

ZIFHER1, try to wait for the next version it will be here very soon. VERY SOON

-Mekanaizer-

DCDayDreamer
July 24th, 2004, 04:00
Another release soon?, nice one :)

wraggster
July 24th, 2004, 04:15
ill host the dev c package at dchomebrew :) along with propellors too

if it can be split into 10 meg downloads (for 56k users) then excelent.