PDA

View Full Version : jw? "Golden Firmware"

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 11:56
I was wondering, i wana have a look at this 2.71SE thing, but im not gona inistall it coz i 1.5 is the best (flaming begins).

Anyway, is it possble that i could run it through devhook?

Cheers for your help:)

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 11:59
nope not posssible.
What would be the point of running it through devhook anyway?

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 12:02
So i dont have to flash it,
and it would be like runing 2.71 through devhook "only better"
it must be possible,? i dont see why not

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 12:11
well its possible but you will have to recode devhook a bit.

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 12:14
Dam nabit!

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 12:29
no offence an i dont mean to flame or anything but
1) How do you know 1.5 is 'the best' if you havent tried 2.71 SE?
2) Why bother trying 2.71 SE if you think 1.5 is 'the best'?

NoQuarter
November 6th, 2006, 12:36
One thing to remember is that you will probably lose some performance by devhooking it.
I recently installed reverse devhook on a ta-082 and noticed a loss of a few frames per second on the emu's

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 18:04
Okay, well anyone know a way to do this?

and jak, its the best.
lol

so there you go all '1.50 is better cause iR Shell, ISO loaders and flash modification homebrew work on 1.50 but not 2.71 SE-A'

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 18:23
ir shell does work, always did, people just to lazy to make it work themselves

2.71 SE-A may not have been but 2.71 SE-B IS an ISO loader

We now have nearly as many flash mod tools as 1.50 (if not more) including X-Flash (yay) and themePSP (if 1.50 kernal games are in game folder)

that post is really old from way back when 2.71 SE-A came out, i could change it but cant be bothered

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 19:38
okay, it looks good etc but i couldnt be bothered splitting all the folders etc.

Call it a draw?

Mr. Shizzy
November 6th, 2006, 20:09
I too, would like to emulate 2.71 SE through DevHook. It would be the best of both worlds :D !!!

takeshineale10001212
November 6th, 2006, 20:36
I think 2.71 SE-B" is the best because it is better than 1.50 has no custom wallpaper stuff in it and you get all the features of a 2.71 and Homebrew.

zevende
November 6th, 2006, 20:46
How safe is flashing 2.71 SE though? Does it have as good of a success rate as the generic downgrader? I really don't want to try something I can do without if it puts my precious flash0 in danger.

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 20:47
It dose have custom wallpapers
and if you have the knowledge you could keep loads on your psp and swap the around with ir shell etc then flash them

cha0ticbliss
November 6th, 2006, 23:30
okay, it looks good etc but i couldnt be bothered splitting all the folders etc.

Call it a draw?

No, SE-B wins. end of story

If homebrew is an issue I have every one of my programs in working order on SE-B (Maybe 25 or so). Just IM me if you want something.

Maybe I'll also revamp my homebrew list with all the homebrew that is 1.5 and 2.71 SE-B compatible.

Lodis
November 7th, 2006, 00:19

Call it a draw?

You don't need to split the folders, you can just change the settings so that the Game folder is used in 1.5 kernel mode. This 2.71 SE B firmware is already alot better than 1.5 and it is being updated and getting better all of the time.

cha0ticbliss
November 7th, 2006, 01:44
well... you still need to edit them. At least I do on my psp.

quick question.. Say I have a collection of homebrew for SE-B in the 1.0 EBOOT format that are modified with the EBOOT fixer, if I K-Exploit them, will they run on a 1.5 or must it be an un-modified EBOOT?

PSPdemon
November 7th, 2006, 05:11
I was wondering, i wana have a look at this 2.71SE thing, but im not gona inistall it coz i 1.5 is the best (flaming begins).

Anyway, is it possble that i could run it through devhook?

Cheers for your help

i still say that 1.5 is the "golden firmware"

i dont care if people flame me for saying that...but it seem to me all your doing is just taking one little step out of doing somthing you already can do...

why try to fix somthing that aint broke.....

until i see somthing on the psp that can only be used with 2.71 SE... ill stick with my 1.5 psp :D

Now, as for the devhooking the 2.71 SE, ive tried it...but it seems not able to do it...( since its using the 1.5 bootstrap onto it )

im currently looking into making devhook reading 2.71 SE firmware...but havent found a way as of yet...

anyway

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 05:25
I prefer like 2.71SE, but i prefer 1.50 since it can be customized more than 2.71SE and every custom gameboot out work on it.

jak66
November 7th, 2006, 08:53
quick question.. Say I have a collection of homebrew for SE-B in the 1.0 EBOOT format that are modified with the EBOOT fixer, if I K-Exploit them, will they run on a 1.5 or must it be an un-modified EBOOT?
dont see why not, after all, all its done is modded the param

i still say that 1.5 is the "golden firmware"

i dont care if people flame me for saying that...but it seem to me all your doing is just taking one little step out of doing somthing you already can do...

why try to fix somthing that aint broke.....

until i see somthing on the psp that can only be used with 2.71 SE... ill stick with my 1.5 psp

Now, as for the devhooking the 2.71 SE, ive tried it...but it seems not able to do it...( since its using the 1.5 bootstrap onto it )

im currently looking into making devhook reading 2.71 SE firmware...but havent found a way as of yet...

anyway

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Well if you say so, 1.5 = Original Golden Firmware
2.71 SE = Alternative Golden Firmware

1.5 is best for people who use their psp for homebrew and the only game they own is GTA:LCS (due to eloader), but 2.71 SE is best for people that use devhook a lot cause they own a lot of comercial games as well as homebrew.
My opinion is both are good in their own way,but people thint that the firmware their on is better

belialone
November 9th, 2006, 11:43
i see the point pspdemon has. why fiddleling around with 2.71se and your flash when all you want from your psp is working with 1.5
i just have 6 homebrews on my stick and devhook is one of them, it does all that i want.
i dont use the functions that were introduced with fw 2.71 and the newer ones that sony developed recently. and im sure that devhook is my killer app and it will be for a looong time.
so for for me the computing uber rule applys: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNIG SYSTEM

S34MU5
November 9th, 2006, 16:35
I love flashing my psp, gameboots everything!
but not 2.71SE

mnuhaily22
November 9th, 2006, 17:19
I don't know, cause i've been emulatin' 1.5 for a while, and so far, it looks hot, I mean all homebrew+ having to load devhook every time you wanna load a UMD, or close to all homebrew+ no need for devhook. Dunno, gonna have to emulate 2.71 SE-b to find out....

the_eternal_dark
November 9th, 2006, 18:31
I don't know, cause i've been emulatin' 1.5 for a while, and so far, it looks hot, I mean all homebrew+ having to load devhook every time you wanna load a UMD, or close to all homebrew+ no need for devhook. Dunno, gonna have to emulate 2.71 SE-b to find out....

What homebrew doesn't run on 2.71 SE-B3? I have yet to see any.

All 2.71SE is a PSP with 1.5 that doesn't need devhook to run the newer games. There is no major difference between someone who has 1.5 w/devhook and someone using 2.71SE (except the 2.71SE user doesn't need devhook).

I guess it's just a matter of preference and loyalty for some.

Shrygue
November 9th, 2006, 18:40
2.71 SE-B'' is simply the best. All my homebrew works and there are no problems with the firmware.

splodger15
November 9th, 2006, 19:02
2.71 SE-B'' is simply the best. All my homebrew works and there are no problems with the firmware.

All homebrew works on 1.5

ExcruciationX
November 9th, 2006, 19:57
It's good, I like it. I'd recommend it, unless you want all homebrew supported.

Shrygue
November 9th, 2006, 20:05
If some homebrew shows as corrupt (where in fact they are not) on 2.71 SE-B'', try applying the patched param.sfo used in irShell but change the title to the name of the application you want to use. Use PBP Unpacker to do that. I got PSPset 0.9 working that way.

S34MU5
November 9th, 2006, 20:08
See ^^^ i think that is to much hassle.

drEDN4wt
November 9th, 2006, 20:41
You'll never miss what you've never had.

andrew24
November 10th, 2006, 00:26
I have a 1.5 2 and im not going to update it!
________
strain index (http://strainindex.com)