PDA

View Full Version : Epic hints of Gears of War 2

wraggster
November 6th, 2006, 16:15
Epic Games has hinted further at plans to develop a sequel to Gears of War, in a pair of interviews with CVG.

"We've spent time developing a rich universe for Gears, and the story is absolutely larger than the one told in the game," says company president Mike Capps. "One could even argue that the ending cinematic leaves room for a sequel".

However, Mr. Capps goes on to state that the company has "no plans as of yet" for a sequel, and that the dev team "have a fair amount of rest and relaxation to worry about first ;)"

Lead designer Cliffy B is also cautious over Gears 2 in our interview, saying he'll "wait for the gamers out there to play through the game before coming to any conclusions about future products."

However, a bit more optimistically he adds: "I love the universe and everything involved in it and if the game does amazingly well I wouldn't rule anything out!"

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148736)

BrooksyX
November 6th, 2006, 22:21
Well lets wait until we get our hand on the first Gears Of War before there is talk of a second one. I know it has a lot of hype right now and I hope the game can live up too it. I guess we will see tomorrow if it truly is the must have game for the 360 this year.

JKKDARK
November 6th, 2006, 22:30
And this game will be cancelled again here :(