PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book DS v1.3 released

wraggster
November 6th, 2006, 19:42
Paco_777 (http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/) has released a new version of Comic Book DS, heres whats new:

Comic Book DS is a program making it possible to read your Comic Books on your Nintendo DS.
It can be also used as a photo viewer.

1.3 (05/11/2006):
New DS: Progressive zoom feature. Image can be zoomed in and out using some buttons or the on-screen scrollbar.
New DS: A lock icon is added. When locked, the icons remains on the screen.
New DS: Closelit support. When the DS is closed, screens are switched off and energy is saved.
New DS: Smoother animation for transitions.
New DS: Key configuration changed, mainly for left handed landscape mode. Two buttons are also dedicated to the zoom feature (they were previously used for page change).
BugFix PC: The pictods icon is back.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SuperPalha
November 7th, 2006, 01:08
Yeah!!! It sounds cool ! A progressive zoom is very welcome.

Luke314pi
November 7th, 2006, 12:30
Thanks!

dodgybarnet
November 7th, 2006, 12:57
It's an amazing App, although I wish it has bookmarking ability - It doesn't have that right? I'm not just being dumb?

Rasputin
November 7th, 2006, 13:23
This is a great app. Thanks for the update. :D

Adrenalin
November 8th, 2006, 07:43
can't wait to test this!

Retroexistence
November 8th, 2006, 22:07
Meh... :D I'll stick to reading mine on psp maybe :P I'll give it a shot tho!

canvasch
December 5th, 2006, 12:27
this is an excellent app!
one on the best ones for the DS
it doesn't do .rars or .zips too well for me on my supercard minisd
but it works perfectly with .cbr files....

i love the 3 different zooms and i love how easy it is is scroll around and to change pages.. and the thumbnails are really useful... the quick conversion of .cbr to .nds is also great :D

scifiguy
January 10th, 2007, 06:09
I love the possibilities of this program, but I can't get PictoDS to convert CBR's to NDS files. It runs through the whole program, but there are no files created when it's done.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

canvasch
January 10th, 2007, 07:59
uhh... where is your path configured to go? lol... that's all i can think of....
make sure you know where the files will be converted to.. look in settings...
this program works perfectly with .cbr to .nds ........ i am pretty positive they were made, but you don't know where you exported them to...

ps.. i find it's more comfortable to hold the ds in book mode...
also comic book ds 2.0 is comming out soon :D

http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/?language=en#next

DanTheManMS
January 11th, 2007, 01:21
Are you sure that the .cbr files are actually renamed RAR files? Most of my files are actually zipped files, but when I renamed them, I didn't realize that renaming to .cbz would also associate them with Comic Book Reader. If I try to use PictoDS on a .cbr file that's actually a .zip file, it won't work, as it will try to unRAR a non-RAR file.

phoskos
January 23rd, 2007, 07:18
hey!! i had problems once my dns file was created so i tried to rename the cbr file to a zip file, i opened it and..... wow!! inside there were jpg files!! so i just rename it to .rar file and gonna create the nds file now, right now cannot try if that new nds file will work, but i surely will and post the answer.

Thanks for the help!

DanTheManMS
January 23rd, 2007, 23:13
If you renamed it to .zip and it worked, then it's a zip file, not a rar one. If you rename it to .rar, Comic Book DS will attempt to unrar it, and it will fail. Keep it as .zip and then Comic Book DS will know how to handle it correctly.

That said though, there's a new version out, 2.0 beta. I would advise that you get that.

nathan_r
June 1st, 2007, 23:46
when i try to run pictosds i get the error:"could not find the main class. program will exit" can anyone help me? i installed the newest java.

MoaM
September 13th, 2007, 08:57
Could someone direct me to the latest version of this program?

It seems the creator's site has removed it.

DanTheManMS
September 16th, 2007, 07:15
The latest version is 3.0, and you'll also want the latest 2.1.0 version of PicToDS. I've attached them to this post.

The Mac version is known not to work but I uploaded it anyway.