Dee-Lite
November 6th, 2006, 20:39
Today I recieved a pack from GAME, on the front it says

"Important Information inside! Wii"

So what could it be?

On page one it says...

"Hooray your preorder was successful!!
You will get your hands on a Nintendo Wii at Launch!*
*please remember you MUST bring your preorder receipt into store on launch day as proof of deposit."

It then states...

"Exclusively for you
Make sure you come into store on 10th November to pick up your Wii preorder pack which is loaded with the latest info on the amazing Wii console and all the incredible new games you'll soon be playing."

Finally on Page 3 it states...

"Introducing
your exclusive Wii gift card

Start using this card NOW to save up for your Wii & games

Put a small amount on the card regularly to spread to cost of your Wii

Trade in your old games and put their value on the gift card"

Interesting. I wonder what's in the Wii preorder pack??

dondonkat
November 6th, 2006, 22:46
omg... im starting to panic now... I ordered mine online from Game's official website but haven't received this yet.... nice job though! congratz!

Accordion
November 6th, 2006, 22:57
omg... im starting to panic now... I ordered mine online from Game's official website but haven't received this yet.... nice job though! congratz!

same here...i need that letter now, before i jump off a building...[the guy at ps2 launch was not me though...]

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 23:21
UK people should pre-order although payment is needed in full from www.retrowarez.com

Be quick though, their Wii allocation is running out bloody fast!

Dee-Lite
November 6th, 2006, 23:45
I don't get why people in UK don't just order instore? There's so many more consoles allocated to each store as we are such as small country. Many stores local to me are still taking preorders. In US for example, there are a lot fewer consoles per store which is why many think "im never guna get one from retail" so they order online instead.
When was the last time UK saw people camping outside stores just to pre-order?

hp1
November 7th, 2006, 08:30
Yeah I ordered mine in-store when the release date was announced. GAME then phoned me and told me they had been given their allocation and I could come and put a deposit down, which is cool. I'm 5th on the list, sweet. Havent received anything in the post yet though :O(

acardy
November 7th, 2006, 08:55
So is that welcome pack for online pre-orders, shop pre-orders or both? .. Cause I pre-ordered mine in-store and I really wanna be seeing that letter poping through my door! :eek:

Although saying that, I can't remember ever giving them my address. I got my official pre-order receipt tho!

So worried, am 50th at game (They say they should get well over that but I'm skeptical). On the plus side, my other pre-order is 20th in the queue at game station! hehe. :D

bazboo007
November 7th, 2006, 09:10
Got mine delivered yesterday too,preordered when they first opened instore. Am 5th on the list of my local store(Braintree). The pack does state that those who preordered online will get a specail email with links to the pack on Friday.

Not long to go now..........yay

muffinman
November 7th, 2006, 17:44
im getting scared now. Where the hells my letter :(

im like 15th on the list but my game always gets alot in (basildon)

MikeDX
November 7th, 2006, 17:50
I actually got my Wii today..

not

Gold Line
November 7th, 2006, 22:18
i want a letter but i preorded mine at game station

Dee-Lite
November 7th, 2006, 23:07
Check out my new thread related to this folks!

pibs
November 8th, 2006, 04:31
u guys know where i can preorder for the U.S im pretty much out of luck finding sites

I heart Nintendo
November 8th, 2006, 04:34
Many GAME stores have been taking pre-orders since September and some are still allowing pre-orders even now! If you live near a GAME stores pop in and pre-order bitches!! *lol*

I pre-ordered mine @ HMV though.

If I'd known about the double point thing before I put money down with HMV, I probably woulda pre-ordered with GAME.

Dee-Lite
November 8th, 2006, 19:06
I only use GAME for console launches nothing else. I have 2 GAME's, HMV VIRGIN, Gamestation, E-Play to name but a few stores in walking distance. Hmmm i'm not sure if HMV with open midnight for Launch tho (man in GAME said they are opening midnight)
But at least HMV won't have huge cues or anything I guess..

PC world of all places have the best deals at the moment

check it out
http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp#wii_consoles

Notes to Pibster, you can pre-order from GAME on their website at www.game.co.uk

with no deposit, also they are doing worldwide delivery for small fee. However you will want an American one so, unless you ain't planning on using Wii Connect and VC, its probably not a good idea to get a UK one :)

goldenlast
November 9th, 2006, 01:34
i received this mail from Play.com yesterday.....

Dear Customer,

Due to a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii Consoles, we regret to
inform you that Play.com will be unable to supply your pre-ordered
Nintendo Wii at launch. As an Official distributor of Nintendo products we
are guaranteed more stock before Christmas, but Nintendo have informed
us, along with all other official Nintendo retailers, that the console
will not be freely available until next year.

All pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis
and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login
to your account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

I placed my order the day after it became available. Can anyone shed any light on this. Are Play just talking tosh??

Dee-Lite
November 9th, 2006, 02:12
i received this mail from Play.com yesterday.....

Dear Customer,

Due to a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii Consoles, we regret to
inform you that Play.com will be unable to supply your pre-ordered
Nintendo Wii at launch. As an Official distributor of Nintendo products we
are guaranteed more stock before Christmas, but Nintendo have informed
us, along with all other official Nintendo retailers, that the console
will not be freely available until next year.

All pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis
and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login
to your account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

I placed my order the day after it became available. Can anyone shed any light on this. Are Play just talking tosh??

Sounds to me like one of them "no deposit" pre-orders am I right? No deposit ain't guna garantee you nada

strumstrum
November 9th, 2006, 16:51
I was told that Game have secured 60% of the UK stock..

Dee-Lite
November 9th, 2006, 21:17
Well they are the biggest retailer in whole of Europe so it figures. Most people just use them for launch and nothing else as they are a reliable company that always delivers the goods. And that's what people like myself want at a console launch

Dee

atlantis42
November 10th, 2006, 11:09
Just collected my Wii preorder pack.... really wasn't worth the walk. Just a little catalogue with a few pictures of games and information wii all already know and a checklist at the back if you wish to tick the games you want rather than just telling the GAME sales assistent.

Nevermind, I did however find out that it is quite likely there will be either a midnight launch or "very early, like 6 in the morning store opening" for the Wii.:) and GAME will be phoning customers with latest info just before launch to confirm this kind of thing.

strumstrum
November 10th, 2006, 11:23
yeah just got mine, bit of a waste but a nice gesture, I had to go in anyway to pre order Wii Play.

Dee-Lite
November 10th, 2006, 20:13
Just collected my Wii preorder pack.... really wasn't worth the walk. Just a little catalogue with a few pictures of games and information wii all already know and a checklist at the back if you wish to tick the games you want rather than just telling the GAME sales assistent.

Nevermind, I did however find out that it is quite likely there will be either a midnight launch or "very early, like 6 in the morning store opening" for the Wii.:) and GAME will be phoning customers with latest info just before launch to confirm this kind of thing.

Thanks for the update Atlantis. I went to GAME on my lunchbreak at 1pm and they said they are still waiting for their delivery, so it was a wasted journey for me. No chance after 5.30pm due to xmas rush kicking off big time where I live.

Doesn't sound that great but if I can make some extra reward points by preordering games- then I may just do that.

Dee

Accordion
November 12th, 2006, 17:37
i still havent had any correspondence from
GAME about my online preorder...has anyone???

however on the site this little piece of information brings a little concern, especially as some people have had letters confirming a Wii for launch and therefore not complying with the statement

"Nintendo has not yet confirmed launch allocations, and due to expected high demand we are currently unable to guarantee delivery for launch day."
if GAME online doesnt know their numbers why do other sites [PLAY.com] and the GAME stores know ???

Dee-Lite
November 12th, 2006, 22:44
I collected my pack from store today- the blimmin idiot in GAME asked if I had proof my my pre-order, but I couldn't find my receipt (here at home) so he was like, well I can't give it to you, even tho before they told me they can just look me up on the computer. Anyway luckily I found my Wii card thing I got in the post and showed him that. Oh thats fine now I can give you your pack.

So by now i'm a little pissed off at the over enthusiastic geekazoid.

Then he gives me this little envelope. So I get outside the shop and open it- its just a little 10page catalogue! Whats so f**kin secret about that? I felt like goin back in and ramming it up his ass- I mean WHY did i have to go into then store for this? Why did they even have this when I already have a GAME catalogue that lists everythig? why not just post it to me? ahhh nevermind

Anyway

my concern is it recommends to pre-order games thats fair enough, but what about bundle deals? Everywhere else has bundles so why not GAME? I really want a two game bundle so will we see any from GAME??

Dee

atlantis42
November 16th, 2006, 10:36
I have spoken to the manager of my local GAME several times regarding the bundle issue, he assures me that there will be various bundle deals available but in all likelyhood GAME won't find these out until the week before launch or even the week of launch! But those with successful preorders are expected to get a call from GAME a bit before launch to confirm such things as bundles and store opening times.

hope that helps... 22 days to go.

Dee-Lite
November 16th, 2006, 20:06
Thanks for the update atlants. The thing I am worrying about is that Zelda is like the most anticipated game ever- so I need to reserve it. If I reserve it on its own (as full price) can I still change it for a zelda bundle deal if / when it comes?

Dee