PDA

View Full Version : Decompiling PRX

kelrith
November 6th, 2006, 21:00
I was just wondering. It seems that people can decompile the firmwares PRXs. For example, Wedge's VSHEX mod.

I was thinking, technically, a C++ decompiler should be able to do it, but I can't seem to find any C++ decompilers.

Any help here is appreciated.

splodger15
November 6th, 2006, 21:04
What do you actually want

kelrith
November 6th, 2006, 21:08
well, currently, i would like to try and enable the 4th screen brightness without having to plug in the AC cord.

Shrygue
November 6th, 2006, 21:54
Goody! It's great that someone is going to try a put another brightness level to the PSP - even the current highest isn't enough in bright lighting conditions. Just hope it won't burn out the backlight, though.

kando
November 6th, 2006, 21:57
maybe ask ahman how he did it....in a private beta release of irshell...

- Allow the use of the 4th brightness setting (maximum) on the LCD. Normally, you can only set the 4th brightness when connected to a power adapter. This new version allows you to activate the 4th brightness anytime by pressing "Left Trigger + Brightness". The setting will also carry over to Devhook firmware emulation when iR Shell is active. To return to normal brightness, press "Brightness" button.

so....i dunno how he did it. but if someone knows how....make me a prx! =p

ill give u cookie!

DPyro
November 6th, 2006, 23:03
Try this (http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm) :)

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 23:06
Try this (http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm) :)

Considering that isn't a psp decompiler, it won't do much good.

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 23:09
oh god

an x86 decompiler.. quality

you guys are too funny.

DPyro
November 6th, 2006, 23:10
Maybe not...but I don't see a ton of PSP decompilers floating around :o

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 23:13
oh god

an x86 decompiler.. quality

you guys are too funny.

it's also a ps decompiler =P

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 23:14
well yes but I had already had the laugh at the x86 bit by the time i noticed "playstation" ;)

kelrith
November 7th, 2006, 00:32
hummm, I can't seem to get this decompiler to work. Any help with using it on a PRX? I am trying it on vshmain.prx... I don't really even understand how to use this decompiler...