PDA

View Full Version : PS1P Ridge Racer video (PSX Emu for PSP)

wraggster
November 6th, 2006, 21:43
Another DCEmu exclusive news again and i must say that i was disapointed with news posted saying PS1P is fake, to the person or websites saying that well your full of excrement :), i have in my hands Beta 4 tonight of the Emulator tonight and also a Video of Ridge Racer running on PS1P, the Video is a tad choppy because it was done on a crappy camera but youll see the full video from the PSP turning on etc, something which some one pointed out that the Final Fantasy didnt.

Anyway heres the Video link this time at Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2H-j9FJdAs

Now whilst i enjoy Beta 4 Please watch the video and give feedback via comments. Thank god theres a menu now ;), nothing more annoying than having to upload to the PSP every 10 secs a different game.

jimmi
November 6th, 2006, 21:51
This video make me very happy in my pants :D

Bossmanuk
November 6th, 2006, 21:52
No offence Wragg but why don't they actually release a proof of concept version instead of all these 'inside betas'?

splodger15
November 6th, 2006, 21:54
When are we getting a release

Malksta
November 6th, 2006, 21:54
Man.. cant wait for this emu to be released :D

Celvin
November 6th, 2006, 21:55
I think those who believe you are in a great majority.

He who shouts the loudest doesn't always voice the opinion of the people.

wraggster
November 6th, 2006, 21:56
because he doesnt want to release an half arsed emulator, the coder wants it to be spot on or as near to spot on from the start.

also i suspect that if he releases the source then others may use that source to further their own emulator but thats speculation on my part.

jimmi
November 6th, 2006, 21:58
yeh i wudnt mind waiting for it EVEN tho i do check this site everyday religously to check for this emu ... i do have a life.. honest

dagger89
November 6th, 2006, 21:59
I smell PSXP vs. PS1P rivalry... lol...

Psphreak
November 6th, 2006, 21:59
Wragg, I'm curious, how good does FF Tactics run (if it does at all)?

Vega
November 6th, 2006, 22:04
NIce one wraggy, great to see developments of this emulator. Keep up the great work A.C, and hopefully a release won't be too far away. :D

And to those people / sites that STILL think this is fake . . . suck on some arse!

DPyro
November 6th, 2006, 22:07
Cool! Now you can give me a beta :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 6th, 2006, 22:11
Looks ok but game footage was slow...

nyrtrublue
November 6th, 2006, 22:13
i never played ridge racer but the speed looked really good i thought

Tinnus
November 6th, 2006, 22:14
$n!pR: Haha :D

Pretty cool stuff, although I'm pretty fine playing psx4palm meanwhile... too bad it has a bug that makes it only work in my LifeDrive. :p

Really, I'm trying to solve it... :rolleyes: Bad luck :p

bullhead
November 6th, 2006, 22:14
I would have liked to have seen some footage of the cars actuallay racing. lol! I do believe and trust though, that it's real.

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 22:22
I can play ridge racer on my K750i, I can do a video of that if you like ;)

YourStillWithMe
November 6th, 2006, 22:25
We'v seen these videos 539230239 times i agree wit not releasing the emu until its good but dont taunt us with videos just give us updates via txt its a little nerve-racking.

bullhead
November 6th, 2006, 22:25
Whats a K750? A games console?

Vega
November 6th, 2006, 22:27
mobile phone

bullhead
November 6th, 2006, 22:28
wow, ridge racer on a mobile! Id love to see that!

Nookadum
November 6th, 2006, 22:29
A Sony Ericcson mobile phone (http://www.sonyericsson.com/k750/). :)

Veskgar
November 6th, 2006, 22:31
I liked how the video showed the PSP navigating to the PS1P EBOOT and launching it getting into the emulators menu. Decent speed although I'm not sure if it is capable of outputting audio or not.

All in good time. I don't need a "Proof of Concept" release. When the A.C. feels its ready, it will be ready.

aries2k4
November 6th, 2006, 22:38
Looks good, I wouldn´t mind a beta release to do some testing also, but oh well. Waiting patiently for a release, any release.Lol

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 22:42
I just realised I cant do a video on my k750i as thats what I use to MAKE the videos LOL!

Vega
November 6th, 2006, 22:47
I just realised I cant do a video on my k750i as thats what I use to MAKE the videos LOL!

xD

Oops
November 6th, 2006, 22:53
also i suspect that if he releases the source then others may use that source to further their own emulator but thats speculation on my part.

This kind of thoughts gives hype instead of giving good software.

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 22:53
ok i'm gonna make a video with my webcam ;)

benn
November 6th, 2006, 22:54
Wragg, I'm curious, how good does FF Tactics run (if it does at all)?

what a f*ckin cool game man.
top 3 psx game

Airdevil
November 6th, 2006, 22:58
I can play ridge racer on my K750i, I can do a video of that if you like ;)

erm.... i have that phone.... and i highly doubt it can run PSX games.

I think u mean ridge racer 3d which is a java phone game

Baboon
The vid looks quite good, but its not a game I'm really bothered about (I'd prefer vids of MGS, Strider2, GT and GTA).. but for now I'll make do with canning Ridgeracer2 on my psp. :)

Oh and just for the record my phones got Splinter Cell, Puzzle Bobble, Pang, Fifa 06 and KOF... there all crap though. lol

Mysteryman
I hope a beta release or something is released within a week. I'm gona be camping out for a ps3 and would love to have this accompanying me. (and AC your always welcome to send me a beta i wont share it,lol promise). But keep up the good work man.

jondoe696911
November 6th, 2006, 23:00
yeh i wudnt mind waiting for it EVEN tho i do check this site everyday religously to check for this emu ... i do have a life.. honest

i heard that man, i find myself patiently waiting all day then waking up and checking. seems though, my original ff vii isos shall have to wait to be put to use.

Accordion
November 6th, 2006, 23:01
erm.... i have that phone.... and i highly doubt it can run PSX games.

I think u mean ridge racer 3d which is a java phone game

zoom out !!!

he said the K750 can play Ridge racer...which it can[ i have the same phone] no one said the k750 can run ps1 games...ever

zoom out!!!

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 23:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxvh_a_WKHo

gazeux_snake
November 6th, 2006, 23:08
Is the dynarec implemanted in this beta?

Vega
November 6th, 2006, 23:10
Heh... yeah I have XIII, Splinter Cell and Puzzle Bubble on my phone. Nice vid Mike.

EDIT : Actually .. have to wait for that video to finish processing :D

Airdevil
November 6th, 2006, 23:12
zoom out !!!

he said the K750 can play Ridge racer...which it can[ i have the same phone] no one said the k750 can run ps1 games...ever

zoom out!!!

but then mentioning it would be going off topic because it doesnt have anything to do with playstation emulation.

Basil Zero
November 6th, 2006, 23:15
what? the last version was fake....oh well....

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 23:16
Videos up.

and no it isnt offtopic, because its ridge racer ;)

Vega
November 6th, 2006, 23:21
what? the last version was fake....oh well....

The last version (nor any version of this emu) was not fake. Wraggster was saying that he was disapointed that people and sites were saying that this is fake.
IMO, theres nothing fake about this emulator.

lumisi
November 6th, 2006, 23:22
A lot of emulators never get finished or as optimized as they should be because coders lose interest in their projects ... this one might be droped before it's even released. Isn't there a way to have homebrew run on a specified psp only? Maybe we can support coders by making a monetary donation to have emulators run only on your PSP, and keep the projects alive.

Lodis
November 7th, 2006, 00:03
As much as I appreciate the video, it does not show any actual gameplay in Ridge Racer so it almost defeats the object of showing the video in the first place.

I think if a video is going to be shown then it should show a decent amount of in game footage.

It is a real shame the Dev of this emu didn't totally go the Exophase route. Imagine how exciting it would have been if this emulator was released just out of nowhere and was at a good playable level.

All we will have now is more pressure on the Dev, people begging for a release and me complaining about videos that don't show enough in game footage. :rolleyes:

Vega
November 7th, 2006, 00:12
As much as I appreciate the video, it does not show any actual gameplay in Ridge Racer so it almost defeats the object of showing the video in the first place.

I think if a video is going to be shown then it should show a decent amount of in game footage.

It is a real shame the Dev of this emu didn't totally go the Exophase route. Imagine how exciting it would have been if this emulator was released just out of nowhere and was at a good playable level.

All we will have now is more pressure on the Dev, people begging for a release and me complaining about videos that don't show enough in game footage. :rolleyes:

To my understanding... the main reason for this video was to show the Emulator loading from the XMB and to show the memory stick indicator lighting.. thusly eliminating any rumors of the emulation being fake.
Sure it would have been great to show some more in game footage... but we have to be happy with what we get :D

Kaiser
November 7th, 2006, 00:16
If Wraggs says he has it, then he has it. Wraggs would never lie about something like this. To lie about that would severly hurt DCemu's reputation (something we'd obviously not want).

Patience is key. I'm also eagerly awaiting a public release. :)

gunntims0103
November 7th, 2006, 00:54
yea this emu definitly isnt fake il take wraggsters word for it. I agree with kaiser

wolfpack
November 7th, 2006, 00:56
okay if they dont release another ps1 emu soon, im going to scream, im getting tired of waiting

delirumhappy
November 7th, 2006, 01:06
THEN JUST SCREAM!!!

no one will even care...

x-zero
November 7th, 2006, 01:29
The Ridge Racer video looks fantastic i can't wait anymore for this emulator.

dj2005
November 7th, 2006, 02:28
Very nice work... take your time.

Lodis
November 7th, 2006, 02:40
The Ridge Racer video looks fantastic i can't wait anymore for this emulator.

Why?

The Dev is obviously doing the right thing because in its current state and judging by the speed of Ridge Racer, it still won't be playable. The speed it appears in the video is highly impressive though but lets be realistic here.

Tetris999
November 7th, 2006, 03:12
Im wondering how a single guy is making this thing..

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2006, 04:07
Im wondering how a single guy is making this thing..

Well you better believe a Married guy would have a much tougher time with his nagging wife yelling at his fat ass for being on the computer all day :p ::yuck yuck yuck::

But seriously, Why is that so odd? People have worked alone on several emulation programs and ports. Exophase did a gba emulator from scratch on his own, It cant be confirmed whether this is a port(my money is on yes), and if so, what emulator is being ported. I dont see why people are so critical about this. From what I know as a fellow staff member (with my powers and tools) I am pretty sure I know who the coder is (and he is very well respected) and I am 100% sure this is very real. keep the faith people, thats all I can say.

troom
November 7th, 2006, 04:20
i think Exophase is the coder if you read the interview if so take your time i would rather have a good emu than a half ass one.

dagger89
November 7th, 2006, 04:56
I doubt exophase is the coder... 100% sure...

Zaitmi
November 7th, 2006, 05:34
Please don't release it unless it is near to full or full speed. Take your time, don't let it be like the Daedalus emulator. I have hopes for that one too, but the PS1P has a lot more hope.

Exophase
November 7th, 2006, 12:33
I doubt exophase is the coder... 100% sure...

You doubt correctly, it isn't me.

But if it were me it'd be funny that I'm constantly criticizing myself.

geise69
November 7th, 2006, 13:54
Wow...that umm...little selector screen looks mighty close to the GP2X version zodttd is working on? ;) Is this psp emu taking stuff from PSX4ALL? I know zodttd isn't working on this. He's way to busy? Hmmm...I wonder...

Tinnus
November 7th, 2006, 14:47
It has nothing to do with psx4all, at least as far as I know (and that's something... :p)

Exophase: makes sense to criticize yourself if you want to hide your identity :p

He/she could have borrowed the font code though, I think it's out there somewhere. Can't remember where we got it from though.

gazeux_snake
November 7th, 2006, 15:08
Wraggster has said in another post that it's a new coder. Why are you searching in existing coders?:p
Edit: I was mistaken. It's $n!pR who said the coder is new.^^

To Wraggster : I asked something yesterday but I don't know if you saw it. Do you know if the dynarec is implemanted in this beta or not yet?

Vega
November 7th, 2006, 15:11
For some weird reason I have always thought that A.C could well be PSMonkey... I don't know why. I know he left the scene because he found work .... but what if he didnt!!!!?!?!?!?!? lol. Still... no point speculating when we know nothing.
I'm just appreciative about the whole thing. Hopefully though, when this is released, A.C will reveal his identity. The whole anonymous thing sure has added alot of attention to this emulator... would be a shame if he didn't reveal himself.

uneekracer
November 7th, 2006, 15:16
wow whens the release i cant wait

weirdelf
November 7th, 2006, 16:15
wow whens the release i cant wait

In a few years probably

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2006, 16:42
On a Thursday... or possibly a Monday.

kersplatty
November 7th, 2006, 17:10
so no news on ac's progress on dyna recompiler, does that ojne have dyna rec?

Vega
November 7th, 2006, 18:28
On a Thursday... or possibly a Monday.

Nah dude.... Wednesday... or maybe Friday. :D

JD/
November 7th, 2006, 18:36
I think the speed is awesome in comparison to the ridge racer one I saw of the new psx-p internal beta. This should surely be enough proof for anyone I wonder if people still think this is fake I remember a few from other ps1p threads.

rehbock
November 7th, 2006, 19:15
AAAAaaaaaaR 4 hm nice looks like Fullspeed but is there a dynarec or its still running naked around.

Apoklepz
November 7th, 2006, 20:31
Thanks for the update Wraggs...looks like it's picking up some decent speed...and to think it'll be much better when it's released. Looks like I'm not the only one wondering this...any dynarec yet?

...Anyways...Mega Sweet progress, keep it up, A.C.

LloydKansas
November 7th, 2006, 20:44
I agree with saying that whoever doesn't believe this emulator is the real thing and is really coming is full of excrement... I'm patiently awaiting the release because I know that waiting means a better emu when it is released, and I look forward to being able to play at full speed from the start instead of just messing around with different games because they work but not at a comfortable level of play. That's how it usually works out with other emu's, and PS1P is special and deserves better than that. Keep up the great work guys.

markbarkins
November 7th, 2006, 21:36
I think that AC is really Jesus....or Strom Thurman........OR!........both? BTW Captain Awesome, Your sig makes me ashamed.

I was so excited when the computer told me I was Vincent. I thought I was special. But I'm not. I'm not stern OR mysterious.

I'm just stupid a FF fanboy. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!

Sigh....

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/8673/vincentmi5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

markbarkins
November 7th, 2006, 21:54
There....

much better

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/9937/chuckhestonml8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Vega
November 7th, 2006, 21:59
xD Charlton Heston

Accordion
November 7th, 2006, 22:23
I think that AC is really Jesus....or Strom Thurman........OR!........both?

impossible, i AM definatley jesus, long hair, godly knowledge...and besides tthe vodka told me tis true.

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2006, 22:29
Nah dude.... Wednesday... or maybe Friday. :D

Maybe, but surely not on a Tuesday.

@ markbarkins, what font is the You Are... part in?

Alucard
November 8th, 2006, 04:01
OK let me explain this to those of you who don't fully understand how this works, and why there are many posts about this emulator all of which coming soon.

This website is a business. It is not put up here just so me and you can chat about emulation. There are prices to be paid for server maintance and so on.

You know what pays for this? If you guessed the advertisments on the site, then you are correct. Well for those of you who don't understand how the advertising works, let me explain it to you.

Company A see's that Site A has hundereds of thousands of page views (hits) per month. Company A approaches Site A and asks to advertise thier message in the hopes that the vistor's of Site A would purchase Company A's product. So a deal is worked out that usually guarentees that Company A will get a guarenteed number of Page Views (hits) per month.

The problem comes in when the site can't deliver those page views to Company A. They are stuck running a banner for 2 or even 3 months without additional pay hoping that Company A's full page view commitment is met. In order to resolve this issue Site A results to running mass hit campaigns that draw in many many page views (hits).

In dcemu's case, the driver is this PSOne emu. Look at this thread alone, 73 post, and 2,507 page views. Every person wondering when this will be released. This type of message has been posted between 5-10 already on the site. On thread count alone, doing simple multiplication, you are looking at 25,000 page views. If you take into account the number of people who come to the main news page and see another post, you can easily be talking 250,000 page view or hits in the time they posted the 5-10 news articles relating to this emulator.

If DCemu promised Play-Asia 100,000 page views, then they delivered twice over, by us just reading the news.

DCEmu will continue to post this type of news as long as their page views are down. So if they are short in delivering their numbers, it's a matter of booting up the PSP, taking a 1 minute video and posting it. As soon as it hits the web, they get the necessary hits, and Play-Asia is happy.

This does not take into account if users like myself find the practice disgusting and stop reading the post as they provide no news.

But I did want to share this with the users that are upset by these repeditive posts with no news. If you wonder why I know all this, it is because I work in advertising. So I would be the one calling a site telling them they did not meet their numbers. I wouldn't control the news, but I would want to see results.

So I hope you enjoyed today's lesson. Next time, instead of being upset the news is not really news, just realize this is a business in the long run. If DCEmu has to deliver Hits, then who cares what news they release.

In all fairness, TV does the same type of BS. It's just business.

quzar
November 8th, 2006, 04:55
OK let me explain this to those of you who don't fully understand how this works, and why there are many posts about this emulator all of which coming soon.

This website is a business. It is not put up here just so me and you can chat about emulation. There are prices to be paid for server maintance and so on.

You know what pays for this? If you guessed the advertisments on the site, then you are correct. Well for those of you who don't understand how the advertising works, let me explain it to you.

Company A see's that Site A has hundereds of thousands of page views (hits) per month. Company A approaches Site A and asks to advertise thier message in the hopes that the vistor's of Site A would purchase Company A's product. So a deal is worked out that usually guarentees that Company A will get a guarenteed number of Page Views (hits) per month.

The problem comes in when the site can't deliver those page views to Company A. They are stuck running a banner for 2 or even 3 months without additional pay hoping that Company A's full page view commitment is met. In order to resolve this issue Site A results to running mass hit campaigns that draw in many many page views (hits).

In dcemu's case, the driver is this PSOne emu. Look at this thread alone, 73 post, and 2,507 page views. Every person wondering when this will be released. This type of message has been posted between 5-10 already on the site. On thread count alone, doing simple multiplication, you are looking at 25,000 page views. If you take into account the number of people who come to the main news page and see another post, you can easily be talking 250,000 page view or hits in the time they posted the 5-10 news articles relating to this emulator.

If DCemu promised Play-Asia 100,000 page views, then they delivered twice over, by us just reading the news.

DCEmu will continue to post this type of news as long as their page views are down. So if they are short in delivering their numbers, it's a matter of booting up the PSP, taking a 1 minute video and posting it. As soon as it hits the web, they get the necessary hits, and Play-Asia is happy.

This does not take into account if users like myself find the practice disgusting and stop reading the post as they provide no news.

But I did want to share this with the users that are upset by these repeditive posts with no news. If you wonder why I know all this, it is because I work in advertising. So I would be the one calling a site telling them they did not meet their numbers. I wouldn't control the news, but I would want to see results.

So I hope you enjoyed today's lesson. Next time, instead of being upset the news is not really news, just realize this is a business in the long run. If DCEmu has to deliver Hits, then who cares what news they release.

In all fairness, TV does the same type of BS. It's just business.

As far as I know, martin would host the site for free, and the amount of revenue (there are like 4-5 ads per page) is way more than is needed to pay for the site. The rest is profit that is (as far as I've known) not used for the site. All the contests we've had have had their stuff donated, not purchased by the site/wraggy. Hell, the current dream coding grand prix has basically been cancelled due to lik-sang going under.

V3N0M
November 8th, 2006, 06:16
It really seems like PS1 emulation on the PSP is becoming better and better.

Tinnus
November 8th, 2006, 10:26
I thought that video was just to shut magxien's mouth in saying it could be fake...?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 8th, 2006, 12:56
It really seems like PS1 emulation on the PSP is becoming better and better.

LMAO how do u work that out we have 3 phantom emus and no actual emulators apart from that shitty one a month or so back ive got tired and bored of waiting for them to appear.

markbarkins
November 8th, 2006, 14:14
@ markbarkins, what font is the You Are... part in?

Not sure, actually. I work in printing and if my boss weren't out sick, she could take one quick look and tell me which font family it's from. It's crazy Rain Man shite. Anyway, I sorted through MANY fonts before giving up and just using PS to put a solid green around the font from the original sig, and then made the green transparent, and placed it over the Chuck H. pic. For the bottom I used Verdana Bold.

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/9937/chuckhestonml8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cap'n 1time
November 8th, 2006, 20:05
Not sure, actually. I work in printing and if my boss weren't out sick, she could take one quick look and tell me which font family it's from. It's crazy Rain Man shite. Anyway, I sorted through MANY fonts before giving up and just using PS to put a solid green around the font from the original sig, and then made the green transparent, and placed it over the Chuck H. pic. For the bottom I used Verdana Bold.

ah, handy trick.