PDA

View Full Version : Who Had Their Wii or PS3 Preorders Cancelled Lately ?

wraggster
November 6th, 2006, 22:08
In the aftermath of the Lik Sang Closing scandal and now Play Asia also stopping PS3 Preorders/selling to Europe there must be hundreds of us who had preorders cancelled.

I had my Wii preorder cancelled and im now unsure if i should get a US or UK Wii.

Have any of you preordered with anyone else since the cancellation ?

gotmilk0112
November 7th, 2006, 00:46
not me. i got toys r us preorder. without lik-sang, where will i be able to buy a ps2 -> xbox controller converter?!? :(

cuz the metal Pump it Up pads that they sell somewhere on the internet are only for ps2 and i have the game on xbox.

SnesR0X
November 7th, 2006, 06:38
not me. i got toys r us preorder. without lik-sang, where will i be able to buy a ps2 -> xbox controller converter?!? :(

cuz the metal Pump it Up pads that they sell somewhere on the internet are only for ps2 and i have the game on xbox.

ebay:p where i got mine, it look like this
http://www.alfadata.com/prod_pic/multi_ps2_conv_gc%20L.jpg

Graxer0419
November 7th, 2006, 07:37
Buy a UK one, because Nintendo have announced that the Wii wont be region free.

Gottaa
November 7th, 2006, 10:49
Mine is still ordered on Play.com in the UK, I'll also be maybe pre-ordering from Toys'R'Us in the UK when there pre-orders open, if by some miracle I get both I'll just sell the other one to my brother cos I know he'll be wanting one for the kids anyway :)

Wii is though as Graxer said is region locked (not sure if PS3 is, but given Sony's attitude you won't be able to import anything anyway), so I've always only going to have waited till it was out in the UK

uneekracer
November 7th, 2006, 15:09
not me my ps3 preorder is still in

Gottaa
November 8th, 2006, 07:32
Right an update, got my Play.com order canceled as they couldn't fulfill it, then phoned up Toys R Us at my local branch and asked about a Wii Pre-order although all there literature on the website says it's not open I thought it was worth a try ....

Well blow me down, I walked into my local store put down a 10 pound deposit which will be deducted off the final cost and I'm now guaranteed one on launch day !

So if you need to pre-order one still it isn't too late and I think the hype in Toys R Us is still low as it's not common knowledge you can pre-order there (unless I missed something).

Don't despair in the UK if your play or game pre-order failed, dash to Toys R Us and save christmas !! :D

Zaneblade
November 8th, 2006, 14:38
if you got your Wii pre order canceled .... get down to your local curry's store... i went down to mind last Saturday and im only 5th on the pre order list.... it seems everyone overlooks them