PDA

View Full Version : Predictive move by Wii

wraggster
November 7th, 2006, 18:29
Zi Corp has announced that it has licensed its predictive text input technology (eZiText) to Nintendo for Wii.

The agreement expands upon a similar agreement in October 2005, which enlisted similar technology to utilise on the Nintendo DS, and will probably make sending SMS messages via the Wii as easy as a mobile phone.

"Nintendo is a worldwide leader in video game systems and has a reputation for bringing innovative technology to the market," said Milos Djokovic, President and CEO, Zi Corporation.

"By embedding eZiText in Wii, Nintendo is empowering its customer with a more user friendly method for text input."

"This announcement heralds the future use of eZiText outside of conventional mobile usage," continued Djokovic.

"The global gaming industry has become a worldwide phenomenon and is becoming an important new avenue for the distribution of our products. As such, we will continue to progressively pursue new gaming customers."

Cap'n 1time
November 7th, 2006, 18:41
I really hate that crap on my cellphone. I always turn it off. Its interesting to see Wii go out and use other companies (tried and true) products though. (see opera and now this)

gotmilk0112
November 7th, 2006, 19:54
nice. even though it doesnt tell how this "eZiText" will work to type.

they will most definitely use it in opera browser and in other things.

Adrenalin
November 8th, 2006, 07:47
yeah i hat this kinda stuff on my phone! especially since our 1337 gamer language is highly unpredictable!