PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell Special Edition Comming Soon!

wraggster
November 8th, 2006, 01:34
News from XMB-PSP (http://www.xmb-psp.com/viewtopic.php?t=229)

I missed this yesterday, my bad :P

Some of you may already know that Ahman, the developer for iR Shell, has continued updating his very poopular shell past the final release of 2.2 as a special edition but, only to beta testers. Over this time iR Shell has built up some very nice new features, and you thought it couldn't get any better! There is not an exact release date for this but he does say it will be soon! So, stick around for the very latest updates on this.

There were far to many updates to add them all here so I've included a few of the really juicy ones to get you going. You can check out a change log for each of the 10 SE releases by following the link at the bottom of the page.

iR Shell SE Features

* Allow the use of the 4th brightness setting (maximum) on the LCD. Normally, you can only set the 4th brightness when connected to a power adapter. This new version allows you to activate the 4th brightness anytime by pressing "Left Trigger + Brightness". The setting will also carry over to Devhook firmware emulation when iR Shell is active. To return to normal brightness, press "Brightness" button.

* iR Shell Restart key (L+R) under devhook will reset your PSP back to iR Shell under fw 1.5, provided you've installed the iR Shell custom firmware mod.

*Allow redirection of PSP keypad to PC Keyboard or PC Joystick via USB. Devhook 2.71 fw emulation is also supported which means you can use a PC Joystick for Socom or Syphoon Filter.

* Updated the launch XMB function, so you can leave the game disc in the UMD drive when launching XMB. It will now detect your disc type. If you've a UMD Video disc, it will launch the movie automatically. If it's a UMD Game disc, it will skip the auto-launch and just goes to XMB.

* This version allows you to choose a bitmap image or pmf movie as splash screen. The included sample is a xbox360. You can try to make your own splash movie. However, it seems pretty complicated.

* Use iR Configurator to choose startup splash type.

Nasty Nate
November 8th, 2006, 01:57
sweet, hopefuly it comes out soon, i got a few days off of school, cant wait

Destroyer699
November 8th, 2006, 02:06
This is really awesome. How you miss this wragg?

kando
November 8th, 2006, 02:09
he was down in that pipe playin with that mushroom of his...:P

Destroyer699
November 8th, 2006, 02:11
Hmm....

kando
November 8th, 2006, 02:30
~

XpspX
November 8th, 2006, 02:35
...has continued updating his very poopular shell...

Poopular?...;)

None the less cool

Veskgar
November 8th, 2006, 02:40
This is some really great news. It has been slowing down some for the PSP scene lately. Stuff like this will surely rejuvenate everyone once again.

Can't wait.... And much thanks to Ahman for continuing with this. I never bothered trying to IrShell until the latest release but sure enough when I finally tried it I was blown away. It is really amazing what it can do.

Nothing like playing some Mike Tysons Punch-Out on the good ole NesterJ EMU while listening to Hatebreed MP3's.

M!ckeY
November 8th, 2006, 02:41
I really can't wait for this. Just when you think that this shell can get any better.....BAM...they announce a soon to be released update. :)

YourStillWithMe
November 8th, 2006, 02:54
err cool app and all but i was hoping for the ability to launch 2.71 UMD's while playing music does that work for anyone? I havent been able to get it with NBA Live 07. . . .

V3N0M
November 8th, 2006, 05:45
I can't wait for a release. And the 4th brightness level will kik ass.

X-MOD GHOST
November 8th, 2006, 06:40
hey J ;) congrats on the 1000 post bro

ab88
November 8th, 2006, 07:34
SE as in special edition or SE as in DAX's SE firmware only?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 8th, 2006, 10:15
Cool always nice to see an update of this awsome shell replacement.Would be cool if it implemented the dreaded "I" word loading from the shell then can fk the $ony xmb off once and for all.Cant wait to see the end result its still one of my most used aps.

mr_nick666
November 8th, 2006, 13:12
Great news :D This is a superb application and the new features will just give it that extra polish :p I got into it originally for screenshots but found it was so much more :rolleyes: Cant wait...!

urherenow
November 8th, 2006, 15:25
*Allow redirection of PSP keypad to PC Keyboard or PC Joystick via USB. Devhook 2.71 fw emulation is also supported which means you can use a PC Joystick for Socom or Syphoon Filter.

:eek:

Holy cow that sounds cool!!! There is still a feature I wish was implemented. IR capturing. I have yet to find working codes for Sylvania brand products.

S34MU5
November 8th, 2006, 16:44
YAY
one of the best apps ever!
thought Ahman was done though?

Apoklepz
November 8th, 2006, 16:52
WOW...this coming update's features sound astonishing! Ahman you Da man! ...I'm particularly interested on this one (been trying to get plugin control compatibility for my car)

Allow redirection of PSP keypad to PC Keyboard or PC Joystick via USB. Devhook 2.71 fw emulation is also supported which means you can use a PC Joystick for Socom or Syphoon Filter.

So, does this mean we'll be able to play our Games/Homebrew/Emulator's thorugh IRshell and a PC controller, without even touching the PSP?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 8th, 2006, 17:03
YAY
one of the best apps ever!
thought Ahman was done though?

Dont knock it dude WE WANT WE WANT !!!! :>

jak66
November 8th, 2006, 17:07
SE as in special edition or SE as in DAX's SE firmware only?

SE as in special edition irshell originally for betas only, itll work on both 1.5 and 2.71 if i remeber right

Shrygue
November 8th, 2006, 19:25
If this upcoming update of irShell is a beta, finish the testing, make it a complete version, release it as fast as possible and make everyone happy - because this is one of the greatest PSP applications ever! :)

jak66
November 8th, 2006, 19:32
If this upcoming update of irShell is a beta, finish the testing, make it a complete version, release it as fast as possible and make everyone happy - because this is one of the greatest PSP applications ever! :)

no no, you misunderstand
after 2.2 final, there were 10 se releases, ahmans way of saying thanks to all of his beta testers, but now, ahman is gonna release it to the public

Shrygue
November 8th, 2006, 19:48
That does not matter. If the code isn't in beta form, then fine - release it as fast as possible anyway.

psp411
November 8th, 2006, 22:50
i want to use the keyboard. thx ahman... ir shell is a very good app( i use it to play my music faster... things sound cooler faster:cool: btw.. does it do this for everyone else? )