PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE Fame WIP News

wraggster
November 8th, 2006, 01:48
News from Fol of PSPUAE Team (http://pspuae.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=1091a37c057ba92baf5d6758176ffb 22&topic=214.0)

Hi, just to update you on the progress of the FAME C core intergration into PSPUAE.
Ric has been working hard, as he almost has a stable beta ready. Ric has said, that in his early stage tests, Ric has had 5 to 7 FPS more speed. His next step is make it stable enough for us to test it with some Pre-Selected games as Ric pointed out he hasnt really tried any games.

This is good news for PSPUAE, but remember, FAME C is still in the very early stages.

Kramer
November 8th, 2006, 02:04
Cool this will be a very good improvement.
Good work Ric and the rest of the team.

hatebreeder
November 8th, 2006, 02:08
what is the fame C core exactly?

aries2k4
November 8th, 2006, 03:22
Sounds good, this emu could use a boost up on the speed.
Keep up the good work

Baboon
November 8th, 2006, 11:21
This is great news.

Anything that’s going to increase the speed is a welcome addition.

I still havent tried this yet (I was waiting for a ickle speed update), but when this is implimented I reckon I'll be firing it up. :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 8th, 2006, 12:13
This emu should improve alot once this new core is implented the amiga emu is one of those ive been keeping my eye on for a while but havnt bothwered to use myself as the speed issue has always been a problem.Hey baboon got my pics sorted for my sig will forward them to you later if the offer is still open.

Baboon
November 8th, 2006, 12:26
I cant wait to play Alien Breed and Stunt Car racer Amiga stylee! :)

Hey baboon got my pics sorted for my sig will forward them to you later if the offer is still open.

PM sent to ya fella. :D

geise69
November 8th, 2006, 12:41
Is this the same Fame C core that Chui is working on and implementing in UAE4ALL? That was updated recently on the GP2X and it had a very nice speed boost. I'm really looking forward to this. Thank you guys for your hard work.

Hungry Horace
November 8th, 2006, 12:46
@ The Ultimate Eggman;

dont hold your breath for too massive an improvement. There is still a long road ahead to making FAME/C and PSPUAE as efficient as possible. The new core should make future improvements easier, but i worry about people expecting immediate full-speed from the core. this WILL NOT HAPPEN!!

@ hatebreeder

the FAME core is a 68000 core, (Fast and Accurate Motorla 68k Emulation library) - it has recently been converted to C, making it useable in emualors such as PSPUAE and UAE4all. It is known to be somewhat more efficient than the UAE core used previously.

see here for more: http://www.m68k.com/fame/

@ Baboon. Alien Breed is pretty good already :P

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 8th, 2006, 14:06
Hey horace any improvemnet is better then none any chance one of the talented coders the scene has could code a decent Atari St emu?.

Baboon
November 8th, 2006, 14:20
Hey horace any improvemnet is better then none any chance one of the talented coders the scene has could code a decent Atari St emu?.

Why would you want an ST emulator? ...Surely a decent Amiga emu would be much more preferable??

Plus there’s already a fairly good(ish) ST emu out on the psp.

Hungry Horace
November 8th, 2006, 14:28
Baboon is right, Amiga is more important, and i hear there is already Castaway running quite well. Should run ok when you consider how inferior the machine is... :rolleyes:

http://www.djcresswell.com/atarionline/flame.jpg

(the result of an ST over-clocking project? or what i do to ST's in my garage?)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 8th, 2006, 15:09
*sigh* tried castaway the menu and getting the thing to work is very fiddley and like you guys said a decent speed amiga emu would certainly keep me entertained for many a hour.

SpacemanSpiff
November 8th, 2006, 17:11
I'd really like to see a usable version of DosBox/486 emulator on the PSP, if that's even possible. PSPUAE is a decent substitute for playing classic point 'n click adventure games like King's Quest V and VI but having to deal with the long loading times and constantly switching disks is annoying. Plus there are lots of great games like the Commander Keen series that aren't available for the Amiga.

Hungry Horace
November 8th, 2006, 17:24
PSPUAE is a decent substitute for playing classic point 'n click adventure games like King's Quest V and VI but having to deal with the long loading times and constantly switching disks is annoying.

you really need HD support on PSPUAE. 8 disks or so, i can see would a real pain.

PCs suck harder than Atari's though. i'd take HD support on PSPUAE over a DOSBox emu *any* day!

Vega
November 8th, 2006, 17:26
Any news on speed updates is great. PSPUAE is one I'm also keeping an eye on... seeing as I only began indulging in the Dreamcast Amiga emulator ( you dont wanna' know how many hours days I've wasted playing it ) so hopefully in the future we will see great improvements from the UAE team.
Cant wait fopr future releases . . . keep up the good work guys.

Kramer
November 8th, 2006, 17:47
you really need HD support on PSPUAE. 8 disks or so, i can see would a real pain.

PCs suck harder than Atari's though. i'd take HD support on PSPUAE over a DOSBox emu *any* day!

Yeah Hd support would be great im also playing Kings quest and it get's a bit annoying changing the Disks.

Are you guys planning on adding Hd support anytime soon?

Hungry Horace
November 8th, 2006, 18:02
Yeah Hd support would be great im also playing Kings quest and it get's a bit annoying changing the Disks.

Are you guys planning on adding Hd support anytime soon?

it has been looked into a couple of times, and there have been problems with HDF "threading", but i gather that it will be looked into again after the FAME core implemenation.

in the meanwhile, my "HD in RAM" savestates are available on www.pspuae.com for download, and these improve the load times of a -lot- of games. Sadly, savestates like those for Kings Quest would not be possible at the mo, due to the large number of disks and current memory limitations.

sappo
November 8th, 2006, 18:03
PSPUAE rocks UAE4ALL and PSP r0x GP2X!

Greg_Alexander
November 8th, 2006, 21:14
I have both emus on my PSP, but for games that came out on both computers, I use CaSTaway for now, as it runs at full speed.
Finding ST roms is a hard business though - Amiga roms are a lot more easy to obtain.

FOL
November 9th, 2006, 19:54
The last few days have been very interesting, there is a new beta being tested at the moment, which adds browsable folders, and fixes a few bugs in the menu. There are more improvements (none are speed related as FAME is still being worked on).

A new version without the FAME core is most likey to be released first, then when the FAME core is ready and stable, another release will happen with the FAME core.

Ric organised a chat last night, and alot was discussed. Very possitive. The only way is forward, ;).

shongohan
November 10th, 2006, 16:03
for playing with portable old games,emus...

And mame & amiga are my favourites for that