PDA

View Full Version : Mario paint

Bub
November 8th, 2006, 02:32
I really wish I could play Mario paint on my PSP. Unfortunately, emulators won't run games that use the SNES mouse.(there's actually quite a few!) Wouldn't it be great if there was a program out there that did? I cannot make this dream a reality, because I have the programming skills of a sleep deprived ape. However, many of you smart-apples reading this can.:D It seems simple enough: joystick moves cursor, X clicks the mouse. The roms are already out there. But, I don't know if it's actually do-able. If it isn't, or if it's been done already(I looked into it, I don't think it has) and I'm making an idiot out of myself, don't rub it in. But if it's a good idea, somebody make it, please!!

The Hombrew Hunter
November 8th, 2006, 02:46
Joystick hacks.

Google it.

BTW, do you have an SNES mouse you could give/sell me? Picked up Mario Paint for 50 cents USD, need a mouse...

Bub
November 8th, 2006, 03:43
Yeah, those joystick hacks are pretty cool, but it kinda defeats the purpose, portability. I can play mario paint on my SNES at home, and I'm not going to carry a mouse around in my pocket all day. And no, I don't have any SNES mice to sell. Try eBay, they should be cheap.

NoQuarter
November 8th, 2006, 03:46
Mario paint was just awesome,I miss that game.

cloud_952
November 8th, 2006, 04:07
Yeah, those joystick hacks are pretty cool, but it kinda defeats the purpose, portability. I can play mario paint on my SNES at home, and I'm not going to carry a mouse around in my pocket all day.

You TOTALLY misunderstood.

A joystick hack is a modified game that lets you use the d-pad instead of a mouse to play Mario Paint, or any other mouse-based game. So, you can play it on your PSP.

o_O What did you think a joystick hack was..??

Anyway, Homebrew Hunter, I have an SNES mouse, actually. I need to look for it, but it should be with my games.

ICE
November 8th, 2006, 04:07
twas great. a friend had it when we were like 7. good times.

fg-54
November 8th, 2006, 21:04
maybe it will come out for the wii (virtual console) no mouse is needed when you have the wii-mote.yay for the wii!

The Hombrew Hunter
November 8th, 2006, 21:41
It's more authentic if you have the mouse.

Well, if anyone can sell me one, PM me. Thanks.

Bub
November 8th, 2006, 22:49
The only joystick hack I've ever heard of was when you replace the regular cable of a controller with a USB cable so you can plug an NES controller or something into your computer...that's all I thought they were:o

Thanks for the info, Cloud952. I'll take your advice.:D

acn010
November 8th, 2006, 23:01
there is already a maio paint hack which uses your controller as a stick, i have it and works good