PDA

View Full Version : I miss the original TRANSFORMERS!!!

NoQuarter
November 8th, 2006, 15:01
WOW,this new version of transformers really sux.It must be like a whole 5 frames a second even though it's computer graphics.
There's just no comparison to the original, or beast wars for that matter!
What happened?How could such a great series go down the tubes?
What do you guy's think?

MikeDX
November 8th, 2006, 15:20
You got old

cloud_952
November 8th, 2006, 15:25
I fully and whole-heartedly agree. The new Transformer series are totally useless. -_- It's like someone's just defiling my childhood.. it's not right.

Fortunately, DVD allows me to go back to watching the original and not have to settle for this sad knock-off.

quzar
November 8th, 2006, 16:15
Robots In Disguise.

shadowprophet
November 8th, 2006, 16:17
Yeah, I think the whole problem with the new transformers is, that the new series are aimed at a younger audience then the original series was.
people need to remember that even though it was translated and edited for other countries, the original series was aimed at a more mature viewer.
But in the new series the storys arnt as deep, the characters arnt as defined, and theres a lot more battles, which really takes from the story. and all the less popular transformers from the original series got replaced with even less likeible veriations of there former selves. and soundwave? poor soundwave :( possibly the coolest transformer of all gets cut from the series completely,, I suppose because kids these days wouldnt know what the hell was going on with his chest.. :o

ExcruciationX
November 8th, 2006, 16:55
Never seen it...

Hawq
November 8th, 2006, 18:23
Classic Transformers for all! we love the animation errors like the Optimus Prime coming out of a stationary Optimus Prime that stands there like a statue

Kramer
November 8th, 2006, 18:31
lmao at Shadowprophet's little rant, I always thought transformers was aimed at young kids.

Anger
November 8th, 2006, 19:36
yeh it is - most of us were young when the original series's were out. the new film should redress the balance as it should be more like the originals even tho i believe it wont be a cartoon. time will tell however.

the old color keying for the classics was the best imo where the artist forgets to remove the color frame lol. even happened in the original movie. classic.

JKKDARK
November 8th, 2006, 19:49
I saw some episodes from the old transformers. It was not bad. I didn't know that it's alive..

NoQuarter
November 8th, 2006, 21:19
Somebody needs to put the original back on tv.
I had a friend when I was a kid who had issue No.1 of the comic book.
The damn new transformers don't even look sleek at all,they just look all junky with stuff hanging everywhere.
Yeah MikeDX I did get old,and I HATE IT!

BrooksyX
November 8th, 2006, 22:21
I remember I used to watch transformers when I was relly young, but I dont really remember any of it. I did watch beast wars though, it had to be my most favorite show ever.

NoQuarter
November 8th, 2006, 22:26
Beast wars was actually quite awesome,I really enjoyed that one.That's the way computer graphics are supposed to be.Only thing is that beast wars didn't have enough episodes.

BrooksyX
November 9th, 2006, 00:15
Yeah there was only like 3 seasons.

Kaiser
November 9th, 2006, 05:23
G1 Transformers + Beast Wars = Win. Any Transformer show made outside of North America usually sucks. The Japanese try to "anime-ize" it. I love anime, but it doesn't work so well with Transformers.

Anyone else excited for the Transformer movie coming out next summer?

shadowprophet
November 9th, 2006, 06:02
G1 Transformers + Beast Wars = Win. Any Transformer show made outside of North America usually sucks. The Japanese try to "anime-ize" it. I love anime, but it doesn't work so well with Transformers.

No way man beast wars was lamer then quadriplegic socker, The only real transformers where G1 :D

Ps. Starscream 4~ever!!:cool:

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 07:59
Shoulda figured you for a starscream fan SP.

Edit: 7-4-7
way too long to wait

GobboFett
November 9th, 2006, 10:17
Are you kidding NoQuarter? The latest series, Galaxy Force (or Cybertron in english) was DEFINITELY the greatest series besides G1. Just make sure to watch it in Japanese, the english version was dummed down with strong American/British accents and poor script translations. G1 was the best but hey, Beast Wars was great and had some awesome bots and storylines.

Some of the series' like RiD, Armada and Energon (DIE KICKER YOU GIRLY-MAN BITCH :mad:) just plain sucked and left little to be desired of the Transformers lineage. Also, we english folk never got some of the better series' (Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, Victory, BWII, BW Neo) so I guess the best we have to lean on is G1. It would be nice if some TV stations played it again but watching it on DVD is just as good :D

Anger
November 9th, 2006, 10:27

o yeah :D - shame about the huge wait. i REALLY hope its worth it.

Also, we english folk never got some of the better series' (Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, Victory, BWII, BW Neo) so I guess the best we have to lean on is G1. It would be nice if some TV stations played it again but watching it on DVD is just as good :D

good point but i think we (scottish folk :P) did get headmasters on our tv's, but now pretty much all of them are available on dvd and really reasonably priced too - well im re-collecting them again.

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 10:34
I didn't even know what the latest series was called...
I know I was not happy with it's animation considering the level beast wars was at(the last ones I was able to watch).
I guess I'll go check out some dvd's.
One thing is that the bots look so junky now,with stuff hanging off everywhere.

shadowprophet
November 9th, 2006, 10:36
lol of course Nq, starscream is the epitome of everything kickass about villainy :D lol
Since we are on the topic. whats with those little minicons in the new series? I just dont get it.. when i was a kid and picked up a GI-Joe I didnt expect to get a complementary umpah limpah with snake eyes, I dont mean to sound like an old man. But really all cartoons have gone to hell (abstaining from a few good anime series, Its been years since i saw a u.s cartoon that wasnt poorly done or aimed at the zygote agegroupe..

Ps, Final fanyasy XII, is really long, and unbalanced, expect to do a hell of a lot of leveling, in fact just dedicate a week or two to it in the giza planes. :( ! you think your all powerful and then you switch zones and get stomped. and yeah I realize i just covered three topics in one post. Im high and may even come back and edit another one in. so Ha! :P

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 10:49
Too bad megatron was always putting him in his place... I was always a fan of soundwave and Prime,gotta love the bots with facemasks not to mention soundwaves voice.
How about a Psp transformer?

shadowprophet
November 9th, 2006, 10:59
Yeah a psp transformer would kick ass, im suprised sony hasnt thought of it yet and ran a contest for one :p. it'd be the suavest psp on the planet :D

~ Like a psp that transforms into Ds or something lol :P

What? i mean hey. if your gonna dream right?!

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 11:05
Lmao,Transformer umpah loompahs....
Awesome,just awesome!
I don't get the minicon thing either,they're like little convicts or somethin.
Wake and bake,or maybe it was no sleep and bake SP :P

shadowprophet
November 9th, 2006, 11:13
I wish i could remember its name, the lyrics are, I smoked two joints before i smoked two joints, and then I smoked two more. I was trying that out for myself, It was all working well untill about the fourth joint. now im just blasted....:p

*new sig / maybe.
*it dawns upon me ~sometimes, that I may smoke more weed then anyone else on planet earth.

*But then, It builds character to finish the things ones started.

*~I have the moral fiber to finish the things ive started, therefore it would be in poor judgment to Quit..

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 11:17
I'm comin over...
The transformer umpah loompah's are on now,oh along with poser Prime.
Why do the human kids have no noses?
For goodness sake you can see optimus's mouth,that's just not right.

Man i need a new hook up...
How about " I was gonna do somethin but I forgot what it was"
Nah that's pretty lame..

Man this show has potential,It just needs some polishing.
I wonder how true to the original storyline this show is?

The teaser trailer for the movie has absolutley nothing cool in it other than the autobot/decepticon logo in it.Guess that's why they call it a teaser.

shadowprophet
November 9th, 2006, 11:24
Lmao,Transformer umpah loompahs....
Awesome,just awesome!
I don't get the minicon thing either,they're like little convicts or somethin.
Wake and bake,or maybe it was no sleep and bake SP :P

Sometimes, I think back to all the series ive seen, How none of them ever ended like they should have, and haveing a knack for writing, in certain respects anyway ;), I set out and created a few stories,. those sit till this day on my hard drive. awaiting for me to begin working on flash animations. *which has already been decided ~ is not happening :rolleyes:

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 11:33
Well it should be happening,we need some good fan work on a lot of the poorly climaxed series of our youth.
All this transformer talk has given me a new mission:
to collect as many old school transformer episodes as possible.
This getting older stuff really sux...

Oh yeah I do know that sublime song,I just can't remember the name,lol

GobboFett
November 9th, 2006, 14:04
Seriously though, Galaxy Force is the next best thing to G1. How can you resist Galaxy Convoy over G1 Prime?
http://members.westnet.com.au/fusioncloud/pics/002654.jpg

All this transformer talk has given me a new mission:
to collect as many old school transformer episodes as possible.

Well have you thought about buying the G1 episodes on DVD? Depending on where you live, Rhino distributed them in America in 5 box sets (S1, S2pt1, S2pt2, S3pt1, S3pt2+S4) or Madman in Australia with 6 box sets. I imported the American box sets because the Aussie ones were being released too slow :p Also Metrodome (a british DVD distributor) has started releasing the Japanese only series' that continue on the G1 lineage.

This getting older stuff really sux...

Lol, tell me about it. I'm only 21 and already I feel too old :(

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 18:23
Lol, tell me about it. I'm only 21 and already I feel too old
I'm 19 and I long for the late 80's - early 90's. Original transformers and ninja turtles forever!

Hawq
November 9th, 2006, 18:57
The only really good thing with more recent Transformers has been that they took on borader sweeping story arcs, something borrowed from the British comics I might add, the US ones only started the big ones when they poached Furman & co from us. So that was a nice touch at least, the padding every bloody episode with endless link ups was annoying though as were most of the human characters in the dub though.

shadowprophet
November 9th, 2006, 23:56
And not a mention of Voltron, I mean correct me if i wrong, He did transform? lol. Sadly any future atempts to revive voltron failed.

Ps~ Gobots rule! in a generic cant afford a real transformer kind of way lol, come on you all know youve been there. it was christmas right? and you opend your gift to find a gobot instead of six shot?
oh come on you know it happened :p admit it lol

GobboFett
November 10th, 2006, 07:27
And not a mention of Voltron, I mean correct me if i wrong, He did transform? lol. Sadly any future atempts to revive voltron failed.

Yes Voltron did transform but little to no imagination was put into the transforming bots or the pilots. I'd rather ThunderCats over Voltron but they are both still cool :)

Ps~ Gobots rule! in a generic cant afford a real transformer kind of way lol, come on you all know youve been there. it was christmas right? and you opend your gift to find a gobot instead of six shot?
oh come on you know it happened :p admit it lol

Gobots? GOBOTS?! Sure there was the useless relatives that would buy it for your Christmas present and say "Here's that Transformer thing you wanted" but Gobots sucked more than anything. Even Minicons are better than those little pansy-bots.

NoQuarter
November 10th, 2006, 07:37
Yes the gobot thing happened to me too...
I hated those things,they didn't even transform--they just folded.
I gotta agree with mon capitan I really miss the turtles too.
I was a freshman in highschool and my dad was making fun of me for collecting ninja turtle action figures,I'm still scarred from that one.
I really miss my original turtle figures,damn you dcemu you bring too much emotion.
The 90's were really awesome...
I'm gonna try and find some DVD's to buy localy,I don't have a credit card.

pibs
November 10th, 2006, 07:48
ha gobots sucked, sadly i never got to catch any of the old transformers but i did see every episode of beastwars and if the story line wus as good as that one then ill be glad to give the originals a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGL0nrse8Vo
kraziest beetle transformer :)

NoQuarter
November 10th, 2006, 07:50
G1 was awesome pibster,nice youtube link.I wonder if that's what goldbug will be like in the movie?

pibs
November 10th, 2006, 08:34
i hear they aren't using a bug cuz vw didn't give them permission ><

NoQuarter
November 10th, 2006, 09:49
What?
That's awefully stupid of VW,the publicity from that would've been great.

Hawq
November 10th, 2006, 19:04
Yup BumbleBee (they arent using his later form form all the material floating around) is a camero I think it is in the new film, somthin to do with associating VW bugs with violence, ironic considering Hitler had a large part in the making of the bug.

Anger
November 10th, 2006, 20:21
showing my non-americanness here :P - can someone post a pic of a camero?

shadowprophet
November 10th, 2006, 21:39
Yup BumbleBee (they arent using his later form form all the material floating around) is a camero I think it is in the new film, somthin to do with associating VW bugs with violence, ironic considering Hitler had a large part in the making of the bug.

BumbleBee was cool. oddly though, after he became goldenbug he just dissapeared for some reason :confused:

*edit oh yeah i remember now who they replaced bumblebee with in the new series, i think that hotshot guy in the new ones is his replacment.