PDA

View Full Version : Fils-Aime: No more Wii secrets

wraggster
November 8th, 2006, 20:10
Nintendo has a lengthy tradition of playing its cards close to the vest, so it's not surprising that some of the company's fans may be expecting the console maker to have one last megaton bomb to drop on the gaming world in advance of the Wii launch. However, those holding their breath in anticipation of a world-rocking revelation surrounding the Wii can exhale, as Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told GameSpot sister site News.com in a video interview that the publisher has nothing left to hide.

Fils-Aime told News.com that everything that would come packed with the Wii was finalized, and that the few areas that hadn't been detailed (the company's Virtual Console content, packaged software) weren't actually finalized yet.

When asked if Nintendo was planning any last-minute surprises, Fils-Aime said, "No, no wonderful secret announcement. At least not one that I'm aware of, so then it would really be a secret."

Fils-Aime also responded to the Wii's appearance last week on the animated show South Park. Despite the frequently controversial and adult tone of the show, Fils-Aime expressed no reservations about the traditionally family-friendly Nintendo brand being featured in an episode.

"Obviously we love it," Fils-Aime said. "It's not something that they approached us for permission, though we were aware that they were working on it. It's fantastic to be in popular culture in that way."

The conclusion to last week's Wii-centric South Park episode is expected to air tonight on Comedy Central.

Dee-Lite
November 8th, 2006, 22:43
Of course there IS going to be more secrets!! Reggie just needs more time to prepare his speech :D

Here is the Video for anyone that's interested

http://news.com.com/1606-2-6133432.html

NoQuarter
November 8th, 2006, 22:46
I almost forgot that episode is coming on tonight,I am so looking foward to this console.
Viva La Wii!!!