PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports, Now Better Looking Than Before

wraggster
November 8th, 2006, 20:22
Think after E3 Nintendo just sailed through the summer, chilling out, maxing and relaxing by the pool? No. Nintendo worked. And here's proof. Reader Matthew sent along this comparison for us to compare. Besides the obvious addition of people, notice how Nintendo ditched the company logo in favor of "WiiSports."

Screen Via Comments

Dee-Lite
November 8th, 2006, 22:29
I cant wait to play this. Even tho I am getting zelda and red steel, Wii Sports will be the first game I play on my Wii along with friends and fam!

JKKDARK
November 9th, 2006, 02:11
yeah, it looks better now.

shinymusic
November 9th, 2006, 02:50
way better. I guess those people on the benches might be other mii characters we make?

ICE
November 9th, 2006, 05:22
i read on ign that on the tennis part you cant move your character. it moves itself and you swing the racket. surely nintendo wouldnt do that would they???

kcajblue
November 9th, 2006, 05:40
i read on ign that on the tennis part you cant move your character. it moves itself and you swing the racket. surely nintendo wouldnt do that would they???im pretty sure you cant move the player. because on the videos of people playing the wii, they just swing the racket.

Gottaa
November 9th, 2006, 07:34
It's best not to think of it as a Tennis Sim and more an introduction to the Wii control system, and something even your grandparents could pick up and play and enjoy i.e Not overly complicated.

There are already I think 2 tennis titles on the horizons both of which are just tennis games so I'm sure would be more involving than Wii Sports - Tennis

Dee-Lite
November 9th, 2006, 21:29
i read on ign that on the tennis part you cant move your character. it moves itself and you swing the racket. surely nintendo wouldnt do that would they???

if you had the nunchuck attached it pretty much dissolve the illusion you are holding a tennis racquet would it not? Some people like to hold a raquet with two hands to get a bit of power. How then would you hold the analogue control?

It wouldn't feel such "a new way to play" if the analogue became part if the control scheme

Lastly, Wii sports prides itself on simplicity and will hopefully attract the non gamer- adding analogue stick would confuse the non-gamer.

lol

Dee

EDIT: Ass for the audiences, the Mii characters non only will be the ones you have created, but will also be populated by peoples Mii's from accross the world if you have your Wii hooked up to Wii-Connect 24.

MachuPichu
November 9th, 2006, 23:50
it looks like the miis have no arms

Dee-Lite
November 10th, 2006, 00:01
it looks like the miis have no arms

You would be right! They don't have arms just like Rayman. For a better look at the "no arms" look at wii sports Base ball and Wii golf :D

Dee

HotDogMan960
November 10th, 2006, 20:52
The Nintendo Wii will be better than we thought