PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 is 'unbelievable', says Microsoft CEO !

wraggster
February 14th, 2005, 20:13
Big bad Steve "I LOVE THIS COMPANY!" Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO and skilled motivational speaker from the David Brent School of Dance and Embarrassing Enthusiasm, has spoken of how Xbox 2 is an "amazing innovation."[br]Speaking to a bunch of schoolkids attending a visit to Microsoft's sprawling Redmond, Washington State headquarters, Ballmer got all worked about how amazing Xbox 2 is going to be: "When you see the new Xbox, you're going to think it's - well, let me say it politely - unbelievable. Just unbelievable. The graphics, what it can do, the way things look, we're talking huge innovation."[br][br]When asked how Xbox 2 would shape up against Sony's PS3 and Nintendo's Revolution, Ballmer responded emphatically. "I think we're going to blow by Sony with our next Xbox, he said. "At the moment there's Sony, there's Nintendo, and there's us. When we get Xbox 2 in the market, there's going to be Xbox and 'the other guys'."[br]Ballmer also made a few suggestions about the type of game we can expect on Xbox 2. "We have to make sure we have a great software environment for people to write games, games that connect to one another, games that are social and games that are hardcore. We've got to make sure we let people write great games."[br][br]What kind of great game? "What is Halo 2?" asked Ballmer. "It's the greatest video game ever written. We've got some more games coming that will be the greatest video games ever written, and they'll show off Xbox 2." [br][br]Is that a clue that Halo 3 is headed for Xbox 2? It would make sense, especially since it looks increasingly likely that Xbox 2 will be available before the end of this year.[br][br]Ballmer rounded off his discussion with a teasing nod to Xbox 2's rumoured unveiling at E3. "Rumours are that we'll see that product sometime soon. I couldn't comment, of course, on those rumours. But it's an amazing, amazing innovation."[br][br]So while we're no further forward with concrete info on Xbox 2 at least we can rest safe in the knowledge that Steve Ballmer thinks it's going to be the nuts. [br][br]Why should you trust him? Because this man is a genius who will forever live in our fondest memories for this performance at a Microsoft corporate event. What a guy.[br][br]More Xbox 2 news soon.

Mental2k
February 16th, 2005, 00:07
must save money, must pawn grandmother,, must oen xbox 2 Ballmer says its good, it must be, he's such an impartial judge, woo.

Actually I know I'll buy it, but I want it to be backwards compatable, I have no room under my TV for another console, and I dont want to lose my DC or xbox, or saturn, looks like the MD is gonna have to go. bah, the humanity of it all.

obelisk
February 16th, 2005, 05:23
i'll be able to shoot even more stuff in even better looking environments. Halo n number 2 do impress, and everthing, but gnarly graphics and FPS ultraviolnce galore in tried environments tend to make me dull. i ned more concepts besides just a whammy grafix show, or an ideal shootem up within the boundaries that we alrady think in. i like new concepts. but hopefully with new hardware and a new time we'll get more orginality.

Mental2k
February 16th, 2005, 12:02
I think the caonsole needs more 2D games, there arent enough 2D games in existance.

Eric
February 16th, 2005, 15:54
i totally agree with you on that WE NEED MORE 2D games lol

ptr.exe
March 2nd, 2005, 20:20
WE NEED MORE 2D games

Shame Xbox doesnt have Viewtiful Joe 1 or 2 then.