PDA

View Full Version : FPS Sans titre - New Doom Type FPS Game for Nintendo DS

wraggster
November 8th, 2006, 21:46
Smealum (http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4785) has released an awesome looking Doom Type game for the Nintendo DS, heres the full translated info:

Presentation:
Ben then it is simple, I launched out in the creation of a FPS… Technically, it is already quite advanced, even if it misses things enormously and that it is buggé enough (aaaaaah, the collisions….) the bases are there (for example, the collisions are not brilliant but functional: one cannot completely in no case to cross a wall, it is already that ).
[B] Attention, I did not find an emulator which makes turn the play at 100% (finally, free at least, it is possible that the paying version of no$gba makes it turn…). For example: DSmume does not post that the weapon and the sky, but not the 3D. Dualis, it is the opposite, which 3D (but well at least), but not the weapon nor sky…
Screen Ci below was carried out besides by me even via a software of edition of images; it badly does not miss things compared to the last version… (the true play is better )

History:
8/11/2006: First version “general public” (of the younger versions were distributed on IRC, but the project was not enough “mature” “to be announced” openly).

How to play:
Ca, it is rather traditional:
- D-PAD or ABXY to move (front, back, strafe left and right)
- Stylet to aim
- R or L to draw and open/close doors

Other information:
Note that although certain places resemble doors, it is not, they are téléporteurs, it is for that which you will move without same having to press on R if you return inside
Also, if you are really made shit, you can publish the level via a hexadecimal editor (is not this step Refix? ). Indeed, the level is not “hardware coded”: it is contained in a file txt which is inclu in the Romanian one at the compile time. Thanks to that, an editor of level will be very simple to make. To tell the truth, I made the maps play under notepad

Sounds Great, Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kcajblue
November 8th, 2006, 23:32
this looks promising. :)

defgod
November 9th, 2006, 01:04
this is cool, i hope you continue all the hard work that went into this. to be honest, i did walk throu a wall, not very often did that happen. it look's really good tho, i hope to see a more, shall we say, mature "end product" sometime in the near future. keep up the great work!!

Knux896
November 9th, 2006, 02:00
Looks like it has a lot of promise. I can't wait till the next release. There were a few issues where I went through the doors and once when I went through a wall but the controls seem very sound.

Also, I am glad to report that this release is 100% compatible with the Max Media Dock.

linkenski
November 9th, 2006, 12:16
YEEESSSS!!! a 100% MMD/MMP compatible game!