PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2

wraggster
November 8th, 2006, 21:59
Via PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/08/metareview-socom-fireteam-bravo-2/)

Another year, another SOCOM title. Sure, this one has new maps and got prettier. But does this sequel make any real advances, or is the franchise showing its age?

Yahoo! Games (90/100) thinks SOCOM goes above and beyond what a handheld game should do: "In terms of pacing, community, and great gunplay, this is the closest you'll get to a handheld Counter-Strike. And as far as handheld shooters go, this is as good as it gets."

GameDaily (80/100) is shocked by the remarkable AI: "Sony once again proves that a handheld version of the long-running action game series can work just as well as the console editions. The multiplayer is as strong as expected, with up to sixteen players being able to jump in and enjoy three different games. But the real shocker is how stacked the single player experience is... The presentation and AI on enemy soldiers is also worth noting as they are both much improved and quite impressive."

Game Informer (75/100) still doesn't like the controls, but thinks the PSP game is superior to its PS2 counterpart: "Oddly enough, the single-player campaign is still more enjoyable than its PS2 brother. At the very least this does a better job of walking you through the first level and teaching you the ropes... But FTB's saving grace is its multiplayer, the only real reason to play this game. A lot of the single player problems evaporate when you go online and sample any of the eight multiplayer modes FTB 2 has to offer."
It doesn't appear as if Fireteam Bravo 2 offers any significant advances to the franchise. However, the critics generally agree that it'll give you an experience that's unparalleled in handheld gaming. You can dig that right? The game's now available in stores.

jonezybaby
November 8th, 2006, 22:05
Yey First Post!!

Oooooooooo Cant Wait 4 This Game

Poor-Kingz
November 8th, 2006, 22:51
This game can be played on 2.71 with DevHook like GTA: VCS, right? Can anyone comfirm?

MUDD
November 8th, 2006, 23:32
yeah it works ,but when i try to play online it says update 2.80 needed .

Kvonx
November 9th, 2006, 00:09
i really want this game!!!

Veskgar
November 9th, 2006, 01:07
Yes, nice trick SONY. This game can be played with DevHook 2.71 firmware, however there is a firmware checker when trying to play online.

Theres gotta be a workaround. It only asks to update to 2.81 I believe so perhaps if a new DevHook is on the horizon, we can get our Socom Multiplayer on.

Poor-Kingz
November 9th, 2006, 01:09
i guess ill have to use my 2.80 psp untill the new version of DevHook comes out.

Vega
November 9th, 2006, 01:22
Yey First Post!!

Oooooooooo Cant Wait 4 This Game

Go back to PSP Updates.

anyway.... I'm looking to buy the headset as I only started playing PSP online. Hopefully this will come bundled with the headset.

BTW.... Hope loads of you guys jump onto PSP online soon... the lobbys are constantly dead with certain games (Outrun 2006 comes to mind) so lets get a DCEMU squad together to go to WAAAR!! :D

uneekracer
November 9th, 2006, 02:00
yeah soccom

alleyal202
November 10th, 2006, 01:38
Yeah im having the same problem trying to get online.i have a question for someone?can someone tell me how to get this 2.71se to work?i mean play homebrew or can someone tell me how to restore my 1.50 because i think i have away to play socom online without updating it.send me a private message if u can help me out and ill tell u how to get socom to play online.

pt9087
November 11th, 2006, 20:25
I agree with Vega, the lobbys are all empty on most games, the ones that i have found popular are, socom ftb and moh. Hopefully this will be a big hit.

porchemasi
November 11th, 2006, 20:40
When i boot up socom it crashes at the loading screen on FDW 2.71 SEB"