PDA

View Full Version : What is the best hsystem?

abeisgreat
November 9th, 2006, 04:28
What is the best handheld system?

I like the dsl :)

Bub
November 9th, 2006, 04:43
Has to be the Nomad. Yeah, I own a PSP and have homebrewed it thoroughly and it's pretty great, but for the early nineties, the Nomad was amazing. It was like being able to carry a Genesis around with you. It had a second controller port. Also an AV out, so you could hook it up to a TV. Not that you would need to, the screens display is just as good, and well backlit. If only Sega could market their game systems as well as they could design them...

abeisgreat
November 9th, 2006, 04:50
I agree I recently got a free nomad from my cousin and i love it but I still think the dsl is better

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 05:12
Has to be the Nomad. Yeah, I own a PSP and have homebrewed it thoroughly and it's pretty great, but for the early nineties, the Nomad was amazing. It was like being able to carry a Genesis around with you. It had a second controller port. Also an AV out, so you could hook it up to a TV. Not that you would need to, the screens display is just as good, and well backlit. If only Sega could market their game systems as well as they could design them...

how dare you steal the "user bar hater" user bar that took me a whopping 2 mins to make! MAKE YOUR OWN DAMNIT! :p :mad:

abeisgreat
November 9th, 2006, 05:24
Try to stay on topic. This thread took me a whopping 2 min to make! GET YOUR OWN THREAD DAMMIT! :p :mad:

BrooksyX
November 9th, 2006, 06:18
Id have to go with the PSP since it can emulate all of those except the ds.

V3N0M
November 9th, 2006, 07:23
PSP hands down. But I do like my DS lite.

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 09:00
Try to stay on topic. This thread took me a whopping 2 min to make! GET YOUR OWN THREAD DAMMIT! :p :mad:

This is the "off topic" forum, I know that dosnt really mean anything other than that you can make off topic threads, but please refer to my second point. It is wise not to mock staff members.

abeisgreat
November 9th, 2006, 15:22
Sorry, I was just jokin

Darksaviour69
November 9th, 2006, 15:44
the rod up CAPTAIN AWESOME ass must have a rod up its ass

quzar
November 9th, 2006, 16:07
This is the "off topic" forum, I know that dosnt really mean anything other than that you can make off topic threads, but please refer to my second point. It is wise not to mock staff members.

ma wa wass me mack maff mambars.

remember, off topic means that it is off the topic of the topics of all the other sections (not psp homebrew, not dc homebrew, not xbox hacking, etc).

quzar
November 9th, 2006, 16:17

I logged probably close to 1000 hours on my nomad. it even went through airport xray machines (while paused) and out of the country by car. I also used to play a lot with my little sister with the second controller. I remember with the game genie i played through altered beast until it froze at over a few million points (it was on for a few days =P).

The ONE thing that hurt the nomad in my mind was the size of the battery pack. The system itself isn't all that big (by todays standards it is, but I think handhelds are too small nowadays anyways), but the battery was almost the weight of the system (if you used the rechargable battery pack) and offset the balance when holding it.

I would love to see a cheap nomad 2 that has a second controller port, and can read carts (sms carts too would just be gravy). I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 17:46
omg quzar double posted! banned!
Sorry I hijacked the thread, back to the business. ;p

JKKDARK
November 9th, 2006, 18:59
Sadly, the PSP :(

bullhead
November 9th, 2006, 19:07
I love the psp, you can play it like a proper console. I remember how many handhelds I went through where I just lost intrest and turned it off. Not until I got my psp was I able to actuallay play through an entire handheld game and actuallay happily sit there for a two hour session.

I love the PSP and It wouldnt be what it is without all the wonderful coders out there, or even all the great members/staff of DCEMU and of course Wraggster, the guy who helps keep us all up to date.

My psp is nothing without this site, :)

splodger15
November 9th, 2006, 19:08
I think psp

Shrygue
November 9th, 2006, 19:14
PSP is best.