PDA

View Full Version : PSP : Firmware 3.00 set for end of November

happy_mak
November 9th, 2006, 07:26
Firmware 3.00 for PSP is set for end of November 2006 in Japan atleast. The features and things to be included are again a secret, but the official naming of firmware as 3.00 is confirmed.

Check the details
http://blog.livedoor.jp/gai_jin/archives/50676035.html

TCLCloud
November 9th, 2006, 15:14
Sweet, it better be worth the wait though, im getting pretty sick of waiting for this stuff....

mnuhaily22
November 9th, 2006, 15:22
Well, I certainly hope so, cause I know I will never UPDATE, because of bad experience with them and for the homebrew scene, but I heard some cool stuff about this firmware.
EDIT: and don't forget that it might be devhooked very soon when the release just comes out, since 2.82 descripts fine, then maybe 3.0 might as well.

buildit92
November 9th, 2006, 15:29
sony should just give up. people will always find ways how to hack the firmware. the more fetures sony adds to 3.0 the more diffrent ways we can hack it.

foxzoner
November 9th, 2006, 15:45
cool, a new firmware! I dont like homebrew so i allways update my psp... no offense to anyone;)

Vega
November 9th, 2006, 16:04
ugh... time for Booster and Dark Alex to get into shape!

S34MU5
November 9th, 2006, 16:05
Foxzone?
why are you on a emulation/homebrew site then?
No offense

I think sony will be making this as hack proof as possible

But it will be done, Hopefully

splodger15
November 9th, 2006, 16:07
cool, a new firmware! I dont like homebrew so i allways update my psp... no offense to anyone;)

So why post on this website

Mariopop87
November 9th, 2006, 16:22
So why post on this website

Well, maybe it's because the site is also about gaming. <.<

samthegreat68
November 9th, 2006, 16:30
i for one love homebrew

but i am still exicted for this release on account of i own two psp's.. so lets see what this will have to offer

alamosh
November 9th, 2006, 16:36
Nice... It'll be interesting to see these "secret" features... Most of them are going to be PSP to PS3 functionality stuff...

goity
November 9th, 2006, 16:40
Facking hell. I want ot play the crisis core demo but still use homebrew :( pika pika.

valar
November 9th, 2006, 16:56
i'll propably get a second psp soon so i might update it to 3.0.i hope they put lots of interesting features in that firmware.

geise69
November 9th, 2006, 16:56
Well I was using two psp's for my needs. My first 1.0 Japanese psp for homebrew and a 2nd for umd games. Ever since the devhook stuff I just kept using one psp. So, I just sold my 2nd psp. I wish I would've waited just a bit so I could try out the 3.00 firmware, just to see if it will be worth having. Oh well, I now have plenty of money for a Wii now. I hope there are some great additions to this. I think there will be, since it's going to be used with the ps3 now. I'm sure the only thing that people care about though is the new ps1 emu that is supposedly with it. I wonder if you have to buy the emu as well as the ps1 games?

mnuhaily22
November 9th, 2006, 17:06
don't insult people, and especially don't circumvent the swear filter, it's there for a reason - Q
EDIT:sorry everyone, I owe it to everyone

Kramer
November 9th, 2006, 17:10
Then get the Fuk off this website you ***:mad: .
EDIT:When did the language editor come in tact, well, guess I gotta spell it wrong then.lol

Woah settle down dude.:rolleyes:

Plowking
November 9th, 2006, 17:19
As I have 2 PSP's I'll be updating one of them anyway, but I hope it contains something a LOT more useful than their locationfree stuff.

Out of all the obvious stuff people want, I want to see 2 less mentioned things:

1: the option to NOT have the UMD in the drive launch when you start the PSP. God I hate having to open the back while switching it on if I want to look at something else first.

2: Optional PIN code on start up in case of theft.

lumisi
November 9th, 2006, 17:22
Sony spends more time on firmwares than they do on games ... what a shame.

mnuhaily22
November 9th, 2006, 17:23
Woah settle down dude.:rolleyes:
Answer me this, do I have a point or not???

Kramer
November 9th, 2006, 17:25
Answer me this, do I have a point or not???

No not really because this site is a good source for all the latest PSP news.

buildit92
November 9th, 2006, 17:25
As I have 2 PSP's I'll be updating one of them anyway, but I hope it contains something a LOT more useful than their locationfree stuff.

Out of all the obvious stuff people want, I want to see 2 less mentioned things:

1: the option to NOT have the UMD in the drive launch when you start the PSP. God I hate having to open the back while switching it on if I want to look at something else first.

2: Optional PIN code on start up in case of theft.

i would like to see that plus wmv streaming and the ablity to listen to music while viewing pictures.

mnuhaily22
November 9th, 2006, 17:33
No not really because this site is a good source for all the latest PSP news.
True, sorry for flaming Kramer, I just got realy :mad: , you know....long hard day at school, then this, sorry guys.

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 17:40
True, sorry for flaming Kramer, I just got realy :mad: , you know....long hard day at school, then this, sorry guys.

We'll even on hard days we all have to obey the rules. Hopefully your warning will prove to be effective as I'm not eager to ban anyone. Anyone that is free to view our lovely website and post in our forums so long as they obey our rules. You may perhaps have created another PSPU fan, well done.

YourStillWithMe
November 9th, 2006, 17:45
Vega-Good character of Street Fighter and you make a very good point! Dark Alex and Booster-I hope you see this. Not like im putting any pressure on you or anything but i weould really to see what you guys can REALLY DO. I think that i was wrong with how we needed a new devhook before because the SE B plays all games ( i think 2.82 as well) So hopefully we will drop another bomb on Sony quickly. . .plus i am getting a ps3 and would love to download the games onto my hard drive so i can get rid of my old psone games and just bacxk em up on my ps3 as .iso's also wouldnt mind playing psone games on my psp and projecting the ps3 screen on the psp which HAS been confirmed ps3 is going to blow the 360 out of the water so badly. Wii-That will be a phenominal system i think but the games for Nintendo have been weak ever since Gamecube came into existence. Smash brothers was good and that is it.

MillenioX
November 9th, 2006, 17:54
YourStillWithMe----->So hopefully we will drop another bomb on Sony quickly. . .

this time let it be a nuclear bomb to surprise Sony...lol

Apoklepz
November 9th, 2006, 17:56
...another $ony update, another underground community hack. :)

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 17:58
Wii-That will be a phenominal system i think but the games for Nintendo have been weak ever since Gamecube came into existence. Smash brothers was good and that is it.

Sadly, I would have to mostly agree (pretty much all the good games are ported to other systems also), and if your post wasnt so long I would agree with some of the other thing you said too ;) .

Nashxyzz
November 9th, 2006, 17:59
I think this firmware will be hacked. the way I think it will be is by the ps1 emu from sony, should be in this update as I remember hearing/seeing somewhere that it's suppose to be in Nov... The reason for it is that, for those like me, I have bout 100 ps games and I don't see any reason as to why I need to pay for them again since most are out of print and can be bought in stores that still carry them for like 3 bucks. Yes, i know i'm guessing at the exploit but it makes sense as 2.71 was thru the flash player at the start. The only other ways, not sure if checked, but if the 360 could play nes thru media player, I can't why psp would that much harder (yes I know it had to be connected to the pc's media player).

theaceoffire
November 9th, 2006, 18:01
O.O hmm...

^_^ EVERYONE!

If you clap your hands, Dark_Alex will make 3.00 SE!

CLAP children, CLAP!

<woot!>

>.> I bet no one gets this.

Vega
November 9th, 2006, 18:03
Sadly, I would have to mostly agree (pretty much all the good games are ported to other systems also), and if your post wasnt so long I would agree with some of the other thing you said too ;) .

Eternal Darkness....that was one great game for Gamecube.

Cap'n 1time
November 9th, 2006, 18:13
Eternal Darkness....that was one great game for Gamecube.

Yeah it was. RE4 pretty sweet when it came out as an exclusive nintendo game too. I also enjoyed Tales of Symphonia. The point was in comparison to other system the GC just didnt have enough exclusive games to make it really special. I hope to see that in the wii though.

Shrygue
November 9th, 2006, 18:24
Firmware 3.00 out end of this month? Won't be upgrading, that for sure (unless I had the modchip) but I'll be seeing what new feautes (and more security patches) it will have - along with the PS1 emulator. Let's all hope it will be cracked real quick and then have it running on Device Hook. If it got hacked some more then mabye we'd have 3.00 SE. :)

Vega
November 9th, 2006, 18:24
yep... agreed. Tales of syphonia was a great game also. Hope the wii pumps out (no pun) more quality games than GC managed.

snkrock25
November 9th, 2006, 18:34
I think the 3.0 software is mainly supplementary stuff for ps3 owners. the ps1 emulator may be kinda nice, but i have a baaaad feeling about how sony is gonna handle it. i wouldnt be surprised if they snuck in a feature that games downloaded on ps3 "expired" if you didnt reconnect it to the same ps3 periodically.

but then again, thats prolly just my sony paranoia... :o

carlitx
November 9th, 2006, 18:46
meh im not gonna update wen it comes out cause i wanna wait and c some kool hombrew for the 2.80

mr_nick666
November 9th, 2006, 18:52
Im with the majority and hoping for 3.00 to be Devhooked :rolleyes: Dont think I'll ever upgrade my genuine 1.5 :p On a different tack... I still play my Gamecube and think its a cracking little system (I only need 30 good games because thats all I'll ever have time for! :eek: )

ExcruciationX
November 9th, 2006, 19:08
Still not updating!

Shrygue
November 9th, 2006, 19:20
If I did want to update (maybe out of insanity), a feature I want on it is to be able to play back DRM protected media. Also I want to be able to play back MP4 audio back at lower bitrates because a track at 45K/s sounds as good as an MP3 at 128K/s It is far smaller in file size than MP3, even the WMA format is beaten when it comes to file size and quality.

Another ace would be more for other graphic formats added to the photo viewer (like PCX, TGA, etc...).

alamosh
November 9th, 2006, 19:50
Photo and Music upgrades alone aren't enough for upgrading... They are nice, but it's more of the same...

Maybe it's just me...

vladiftodi
November 9th, 2006, 19:50
i hope it will be 11 november as promised, what takes them so long ? i would have done it long time ago

Shrygue
November 9th, 2006, 19:59
How about being able to play the WMA format and view Flash media content without having to activate the features? Also, what about more video formats like WMV and RealMedia maybe? Another ace thing would be to disable the UMD autolanuch feature when you turn on the PSP with a disk in the drive.

All those would be good...

Emeriastone
November 9th, 2006, 20:04
long time coming

YourStillWithMe
November 9th, 2006, 20:05
Vega-Yeah im not bashing EVERY GAME just everythng that i played its a great system for little kids and nintendo has never delivered on sports titles or RPG's and thats what i like.

and 1timeuser-good to see you up on the forums more frequently been a while since i've heard word from you.

theaceoffire-If you got that from peter pan then I cherish you Cathy Rigby? back in the day good stuff. To those of you who did not know Peter Pan was originally a girl (not that thats off the subject or anything. .)

ExcruciationX
November 9th, 2006, 20:27
and 1timeuser-good to see you up on the forums more frequently...

You mean CAPTIAN AWESOME? :p

Basil Zero
November 9th, 2006, 21:01
about time they announced it officially lol

LilSwish722
November 9th, 2006, 21:02
woo new firmware...but i think ill wait for a 2.8 downgrader or a 2.71 TA-086 downgrader. Reverse Devhook is a pain to start up everytime lol

snkrock25
November 9th, 2006, 21:12
does anyone know if the ps3 will play movies encoded for the psp? If so, can the .mp4 format provide HD video?

A nice feature would be if the PS3 could rip movies and convert them for play on the psp.

emuking
November 10th, 2006, 00:16
yay i hope it has psone emu, supports more video codecs, text rss, flash player 8 support in the web browser, allow the memory stick to be used as cache memory so that i can load any youtube page if it has flash player 8 support, and java as well as shockwave flash support in the web browser, thats hoping for too much though :)

Vega
November 10th, 2006, 05:34
Vega-Yeah im not bashing EVERY GAME just everythng that i played its a great system for little kids and nintendo has never delivered on sports titles or RPG's and thats what i like.

I agree with you. While I did like some of GC's exclusive games... it did fail to deliver mass variety such as the ps2 and xbox. definitly. though I still enjoy playing some GC titles.

emuking
November 10th, 2006, 08:32
I agree with you. While I did like some of GC's exclusive games... it did fail to deliver mass variety such as the ps2 and xbox. definitly. though I still enjoy playing some GC titles.

hmm let me name all the good gc games
re4
metroid prime 1
metroid prime 2:echoes
ssbm
loz: the windwaker
mario kart: double dash
eternal darkness

and whatever else im not able to remember right now seeing how the good games were far apart from one another during the gamecube's life span
im hoping the wii does better, but given all the preorder sell outs, hype, better games, best launch games ever like loz: tp and red steel, and virtual console im sure the wii will do will and become a huge hit :D

belialone
November 10th, 2006, 10:16
FW 3.0 huh
i think there is no way to convince people that are using 1.5 or 2.71 SE to upgrade to it (ok with modchip) unless they would enable homebrew but that would mean for sony to surrender to the haxors(never happens).so im not impressed or excited but im looking forward to it been devhooked.

Gold Line
November 10th, 2006, 14:03
i am 2.80 so i will upgrade if sonys ps1 emu is in with the 3.00 upgrade but sony needs to find a way to make the ps1 game files smaller because 700 meg for ff7 is way to big

quzar
November 10th, 2006, 14:41
O.O hmm...

^_^ EVERYONE!

CLAP children, CLAP!

<woot!>

Peter Pan.

Anyways I love it how the same people who curse and rue every new firmware release tout the upgradable firmware as one of the great things about the psp.

YourStillWithMe
November 10th, 2006, 16:49
I got it too It was from the old play of peter pan with Cathy Rigby was quite good too music was cool for its time too

ExcruciationX
November 10th, 2006, 17:22
O.O hmm...

^_^ EVERYONE!

CLAP children, CLAP!

<woot!>

LOL! *CLAPS*

alijay034
November 10th, 2006, 17:52
What amazes me about the last firmware upgrade was that it was "Supposed" to sort out security issues...and they were?

jamesmc3stripe
November 10th, 2006, 18:31
they were the holes tht could have been in the tifft libery.. they, obv found other tiff exploits we(well the hackers lol) never and patched them

TacticalBread
November 12th, 2006, 07:27
Hopefully, soon after 3.00 is released, Booster will return and release a new DevHook :D