PDA

View Full Version : NDS FlashbackDS v0.2

Sektor
November 9th, 2006, 12:43
REminiscence is a rewrite of the engine used in the game Flashback from Delphine Software. REminiscence was coded by Gregory Montoir.

This Nintendo DS port was made by Sektor and uses code from GPF's REminiscence DS port.

v0.2 libfat version

Sound effects are now working (thanks to an updated ndsSDL - http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/ndsSDL.shtml)
Music plays but not very well
Added Lick's libcartreset to allow returning to M3/SD/GBAMP menu without powering off the DS
Resources and music are read from /data/flashback/data/ on a compatible media device
Saves are stored at /data/flashback/

Todo (I have no plans but I would like this done eventually):

Improve music playback quality
Sleep when lid is closed
Add cheats and level select
Speed up cut scenes and fix cut scene glitches

You will need the data files from the PC DOS version of the game. Copy the Flashback files to X:\data\flashback\data\ , replace X: with the drive letter of your DS media device.

To hear music, you need the mod.* files from the Amiga version. They should be named like mod.flashback-introb , without a .mod extension.

It should work on M3CF (tested), GBAMP and Supercard. Backup anything important before using any homebrew that writes to your media device. I haven't had any file corruption but I haven't tested every device and backups are always a good idea.

This version won't work on MMD or G6. It should be playable on DS-X but OS v1.0.2 has a problem with the writing code of libfat that stops Flashback from saving correctly (you will fall through the ground and weird things like that).

DS controls:
----------------------------------------------
d-pad move Conrad
A draw/holster gun
B talk / use / run / shoot
X use the current inventory object
Y display the inventory / skip movies
L display the options
R toggles fast mode

- Sektor
- www.GTAMP.com/DS

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

buothz
December 3rd, 2006, 04:03
I have a supercard miniSD
i have FLASHBACK ORIGINAL (anche I have try also with another version donwloaded in internet)
the problem is:
- I put flashbackDS.sc.nds in miniSD root (x: for example)
- in "x:\data\flashback\data" I put the data directory ..
turn on nds, start flashbackDS.sc.nds and:

fatInit...
No compatible FAT device!

why?

Sektor
December 5th, 2006, 17:20
There is a version that works on supercard miniSD on my site: http://gtamp.com/DS