PDA

View Full Version : CPS2PSP Wifi testing results + VIDEOS

kando
November 9th, 2006, 19:56
hey all =)

i've had the great honor of helping MikeDX to test his amazing addition of wifi to the trio of NJ's cps1, cps2 and neogeo emulators :)

for the time being, im playing with CPS2.

Let me tell you all....i played with X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom and Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom and they all run EXACTLY LIKE THEY DO WITHOUT WIFI!

oh its so glorious...i need to find my camera so i can post some vids :)

mike, 2 small bugs for ya...
the first is if the 2 psp's dont load the game at approximately the same time, they dont see each other when looking for another psp to "join", even if u wait for them both to get to the screen.

the second one is either player 1 or player 2 has an issue where buttons 5 and 6 dont function...i looked in the menu and it looks like you only have the 4 mapped like in neogeo...u should know cps1 and cps2 use 6 buttons each :)

ill post movies as soon as i can! cheers =)

*edit* see below posts for videos :)

kando
November 9th, 2006, 20:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8KX2yOjWxU

character select screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c1OkbsDghc

2 characters jumping

sorry i cant find my good camera :(

MikeDX
November 9th, 2006, 20:33
mike, 2 small bugs for ya...
the first is if the 2 psp's dont load the game at approximately the same time, they dont see each other when looking for another psp to "join", even if u wait for them both to get to the screen.

Hmm.. I'll look into this.

the second one is either player 1 or player 2 has an issue where buttons 5 and 6 dont function...i looked in the menu and it looks like you only have the 4 mapped like in neogeo...u should know cps1 and cps2 use 6 buttons each :)

I know about this one. I fixed it in the NEOGEO version, however for the CPS2 version it went weird when I checked for 2 player on the games. You can test this in the non wifi version by selecting to be the 2nd player in the options menu.

kando
November 9th, 2006, 20:34
ah so he didn't properly map player 2 himself?

also:

cyberbots: runs near flawlessly
both D&D games run near flawlessly
vampire hunter/savior series runs beautifully

i notice almost no slowdown from wifi at all!

MikeDX
November 9th, 2006, 20:44
Yeah I think he only really made rigourous testing for player1. there are a few controls problems for player 2 but nothing I cant fix ;)

I'll get you cps1 and neogeo for you later chap

kando
November 9th, 2006, 21:06
great :D

one more video for now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac4wsW_amFc

cyberbots :)

kando
November 10th, 2006, 01:24
well, i've done all the testing i can for today, my 2nd psp is gone for the nite :( but i can tell you this, i found that there is almost no extra frameloss caused by the wifi at all, barring a few occassional missed frames.

working beautifully:
x-men: cota
marvel super heroes
xmen vs street fighter
marvel super heroes vs street fighter
marvel vs capcom (i even had the double-team 30 seconds of specials goin on...u kno, down to back and FP/FK)
megaman 2
dimahoo
cyberbots
vampire hunter
street fighter alpha 2
street fighter alpha 3

i cant find my good camera and thats gettin me peeved...i had to use the cell phone ><

anyways, ill keep lookin.

ill try to post more movies tomorrow :)

NoQuarter
November 10th, 2006, 02:40
Great work MikeDX!
I really glad you took on this project :)
I'm eagerly awaiting a release
MikeDX I hope you don't mind my sick humor,somethin tells me you don't...

MikeDX
November 10th, 2006, 15:03
I take no offence to anything ever says to me, I'm too old to be bothered about what people say :)

Apoklepz
November 10th, 2006, 18:11
Sounds Mega Sweet! I Praise your work man! Now I can go back to the good old days even at work.lol
...I'll be Proud to be called a slacker cause of your emu adjustments. Cheers!