PDA

View Full Version : PSP owners will need 3.0 firmware to connect with PS3

wraggster
November 9th, 2006, 21:31
Via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69778)

Sony has said that PlayStation Portable owners who plan to use the handheld as a remote media player for PlayStation 3, or to use it to play games downloaded from the PS3's online network, will need to download the version 3.0 firmware due out later this month.

In theory that means that Japanese and US gamers won't be able to use this element of the PS3's functionality at launch, but Sony aims to tidy things up pretty quickly judging by reports from the US.

PS3 owners who want to access the PlayStation Network will also be expected to download the version 1.10 firmware for the console as soon as they get it home and plug it in for the first time, with the patch available by visiting the "System Update" area of the system menu in the cross media bar.

Based on our experience with the debug console, that won't be hard to figure out, and reflects Sony's longer term strategy of - much like the PSP - treating the operating system as a work in progress, with a greater range of functionality likely to be introduced in the weeks and months beyond launch.

splodger15
November 9th, 2006, 21:37
Well i will not be updating i will just buy another cheap psp

buildit92
November 9th, 2006, 21:43
this is good and bad. good because there might be a way how to hack the ps3 threw the psp. but bad because of the fact that you probley will not be able to use homebrew

alamosh
November 9th, 2006, 21:43
I will not update my PS3 on day one... I'll just keep it 1.00 for a while to see what happens.

Let's just hope the PS3 scene will be as lively as the PSP scene.

kfish2oo2
November 9th, 2006, 21:46
Is anyone surprised? Anyway, it'll be hacked as soon as 3.01 or whatever comes out. If alex can hack 2.71 so well, he'llbe able to do the same for 3.0

LilSwish722
November 9th, 2006, 21:47
lol i doubt it at least not for a little while. not many people are gonna pay 500 dollars for a ps3. but hopefully the homebrew will be exactly like the psp scene. except for those gay firmware updates...RAWRRR lol

alamosh
November 9th, 2006, 21:59
I long the PSX days...

aYu][Takeshi
November 9th, 2006, 22:02
Is anyone surprised?

Yes, that is not realy new o_O
Please, how should the PSP 2.71 connect with the PS3?

Tetris999
November 9th, 2006, 22:03
Well what did you expect??

Mew
November 9th, 2006, 22:40
mhm I'm very excited how they will manage to hack the PS3 :)..
Because the PS3 uses a similiar (or near same) OS (XMB) as the PSP.. so it will be hard to hack..
Everytime when Sony releases a new Firmware it's getting harder and harder for our beloved hombrew :/...
(but somehow anyone will hack it anyway... xDDD)

JKKDARK
November 9th, 2006, 22:56
Dman, it sucks. I want to use 1.5 :p

Basil Zero
November 9th, 2006, 23:17
this is no surprise, this was expected

i wont be surprised even if Dev Hook is released lol

of course i wont be using my psp for my FUTURE ps3(which i'll get at 2008) unless i know there is A PROGRAM which lets me trick firmware(i.e. Dev Hook)

Emeriastone
November 9th, 2006, 23:46
Cmoooooon OOkm!!!

*plays inmaginary drumroll enthusiastically*

blaz3d
November 10th, 2006, 00:30
this is no surprise, this was expected

i wont be surprised even if Dev Hook is released lol

of course i wont be using my psp for my FUTURE ps3(which i'll get at 2008) unless i know there is A PROGRAM which lets me trick firmware(i.e. Dev Hook)
im with you on that, just heard someone hacked some prx's out of 2.8 to use the camera on 2.71se:eek:
hope they can do somthing similar:D

peace

DPyro
November 10th, 2006, 03:49
That camera hack stuff was talked about long ago....At least I heard about it months ago :p

F9zDark
November 10th, 2006, 04:01
The one thing that really solidified my desire to get a PS3 and I can say I certainly expected this to be the case.

But I am waiting until march to get a PS3, by then I should have enough money for both a PS3 and a new PSP to go with it (Portable Ops PSPs look DAMN nice...).

mavsman4457
November 10th, 2006, 05:10
Let's go booster!!!! I knew this would be an issue for me but I have faith in Booster. If he doens't come through then I'm getting a mod chip.

pspwog
November 10th, 2006, 05:43
Any ways i st ill want to have a 3.00 psp wen thre sp3 comes out 3.00 will be out probelyt

Vega
November 10th, 2006, 06:08
meh....us in UK have to wait till march for ps3 anyways... so I have plenty of time to wait for Booster to work some magic.

What do you guys think the chances are of PS3 firmware also being hacked?

d3v1l
November 10th, 2006, 06:13
those goddamn stupid retards at sony! why not make the ps3 just like the ps2..no updates, much easier =) modchip n ur done =D

Veskgar
November 10th, 2006, 06:46
I will not update my PS3 on day one... I'll just keep it 1.00 for a while to see what happens.

Let's just hope the PS3 scene will be as lively as the PSP scene.
I was thinking the same thing. The PSP has got me thinking like that on every video game machine I buy lately. I have an XBOX 360 that I barely touch, I wonder if any cool homebrew is capable on that yet.

Anyway, lets just hope it doesn't take the PS3 2 years to get meaningful features added to the OS like with the PSP.

S34MU5
November 10th, 2006, 16:45
this is good and bad. good because there might be a way how to hack the ps3 threw the psp. but bad because of the fact that you probley will not be able to use homebrew

Doubt it.

But I new it would go down like this dawg. lol

Cloud_35
November 11th, 2006, 20:29
Let's not update!!!!!!

What if no one updates??? What if we make Sony go to bankrupt???...

Just as a revenge for the whole Lik-Sang stuff...