PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo makes poopsky Wii advertorials

wraggster
November 9th, 2006, 21:57
A recent issue of UK's Prima magazine featured a disturbing Nintendo advertorial (i.e. an advertisement pretending to be an article) pitching Wii to the non-gamer type. This thing is so misleading, we'll just note the worst and wallow in our discomfort elsewhere:

The feigned article vies to help individuals get fit while playing Wii. Umm, go work out or ride one of these...
"Turn off the TV and get active in your own home with the revolutionary Wii." Umm, keep that TV on so you can use the console...
The article suggests not to sit your children in front of a TV, but in front of the Wii instead. Umm, still not getting it...
They make the Wii sound like a happy weight loss social center filled with rainbows and sugar plums rather than the video game console it is. And BOOOO creepy Wii advertorial image. Hooray, gaming grandpa!

More info (http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2006/11/how-nintendo-is-selling-wii-to-women.html)

Accordion
November 9th, 2006, 22:05
why [wi???]

gotmilk0112
November 9th, 2006, 23:39
that is very freaky! O_o

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2006, 05:01
Bad translation maybe? Although I can see the health benefits of clobbering the snot out of boxers in the Wii Sports package as an exercise, but telling fat housewives that they can use it as a way to lose weight is crazy. Go jogging or something, let your son play with his Wii in peace. (eww)

Distortional
November 12th, 2006, 10:11
All I have to say is, you've done it again Nintendo, nice one. It's pretty much ... "Oh shi- ... we can't get our target market anymore so lets go for everyone else instead."

My favourite part of that article was in the comments:

phorenzik said...

Women shouldn't be able to play ANY games at all. They get enough fun out of cleaning, cooking and ironing.

What a legend ;)