PDA

View Full Version : Wii- the retail in-store demo units we are getting?

Dee-Lite
November 9th, 2006, 23:50
I just found this video on Youtube

It features an australian game critic playing on a Wii in what appears to be a retail store.

Im pretty certain it's not Nintendo World, so could this be what we are all getting in our stores as demo machines?

Judge for yourselves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9fufbdS0s

bandit
November 10th, 2006, 00:10
The background is not Nintendo World Store in NYC. I went to NWS when they let people try out the Wii. That is from GameStop/EBGames.

As for the demo, in the US, we have a crappy ExciteTruck and Mii Channel. NO Zelda to try or Wii Sports.

Kramer
November 10th, 2006, 00:23
It's the Play Wii roadshow thats going on right now all over Australia.

There just little demo's that are going on for a few days in each state at selected shop's.

Heres some more info
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6640

Dee-Lite
November 10th, 2006, 00:24
The background is not Nintendo World Store in NYC. I went to NWS when they let people try out the Wii. That is from GameStop/EBGames.

As for the demo, in the US, we have a crappy ExciteTruck and Mii Channel. NO Zelda to try or Wii Sports.

I know its not Ninty world! I was just being modest incase some people didn't :D

Anyway I think you will find that many stores are getting more than one Wii. One will feature party games designed to attract the non gamer, and the other will host games like Excite Truck and Zelda

Dee

Dee-Lite
November 10th, 2006, 00:28
It's the Play Wii roadshow thats going on right now all over Australia.

There just little demo's that are going on for a few days in each state at selected shop's.

Heres some more info
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6640

I know I watched to whole thing, but these kinda look like what we should expect dont you think? That's why i'm asking you to judge for yourselves if you think this is what we will get in store

so do ya?

Dee

Kramer
November 10th, 2006, 00:39
Yeah im pretty sure that's what you will get in store.

well heres part 1 if ya missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMB3eE1-OU8&eurl=

gotmilk0112
November 10th, 2006, 01:28
damn! i wish my local game-stop would get a wii kiosk.... well whats the point of that anyways. im getting a wii 2 sundays from now :D (PRAISE TOYS R US!!!)

FROM THIS POST:

9 days
3 hours
31 mins

til wii!

Dee-Lite
November 10th, 2006, 01:50
damn! i wish my local game-stop would get a wii kiosk.... well whats the point of that anyways. im getting a wii 2 sundays from now :D (PRAISE TOYS R US!!!)

FROM THIS POST:

9 days
3 hours
31 mins

til wii!

I know its wierd isn't it? Even xb360 was playable instores here in UK before it was released, albeit very close to release.

YourStillWithMe
November 10th, 2006, 03:40
I have played the Wii, tonight I played a driving game it was quite impressive It was debuted tonight at an EB games store i was impressed but i will not buy. The way I look at the system is this, its incredibly small and it looks and run very smoothly but its features suck you can get the weather and news? uhhh yeah, what device this day and age can you NOT do that? its on everything! if your going to move around the controller and stuff why not go the gym??? Video games are for being lazy and chilling not being active. I thought it was cool and all but nintendo hasnt released anything cool since N64 the controller sensitivity was off the hook and was very sensative. I cant imagine running madden or nba live 07 on it. How you gonna do that one? Throw your controller in the air like you would an NBA shot? I think the idea is amrt but its stretching it a bit too much.

bouledogue
November 10th, 2006, 04:07
i think baseing wether you would buy it from playign excite truck is stretching it to far IMO. and also don't forget the features like internet browser and mii's could be pointless but fun. most importantly IMO the virtual consle is the best part, aside from the revolutionary gameplay, and should not be takin lightly.

I also really wish the gamestop near me had a wii kiosk that would be amazing all my friends are like wii sucks that is untill they play any game good on it.

zidanerick
November 10th, 2006, 04:37
It's EB Games without a doubt, but i dont know how they got their demo model so early, time for me to goto my local EB i think :D

YourStillWithMe
November 10th, 2006, 06:27
It is a landmark for nintendo and, I can confirm that i have played it. When you all go to play it it will be standing up like the ps2 can, it has a blue power button like the ps2 does, and the controllers are about as wide as 6-7 inches in and 1-2 inches in height. I do think the game i played was off track. It didnt impress me (though it was just one game) the graphics were NOTHING SPECIAL at all. . .This system is more about feeling like your in the game itself like as if you were playing after burner in the arcade or something. PS3 will have the most power and deliever the most. Mark my words why do you think its soooooo expensive? PS3 is for the big boys and serious gamers.
I probably will stick to my opinion due to the fact that it never changed for gamecube, gameboy advance, (except for golden sun and tony hawk 2) and the xbox 360. The only system that i did adjust on was the Xbox because i realized how powerful that system truly is and still is.

360=nothing compared to the original xbox at all games run smoother and its so much more hackable and just fun overall

and i can't get mainpaged for this or something? This depresses me so

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2006, 04:49
It didnt impress me (though it was just one game) the graphics were NOTHING SPECIAL at all. . .This system is more about feeling like your in the game itself like as if you were playing after burner in the arcade or something. PS3 will have the most power and deliever the most. Mark my words why do you think its soooooo expensive? PS3 is for the big boys and serious gamers.

As I have asked before, since when is gaming all in the graphics potential? The PS3's cost is in it's Blu-Ray capabilities. If it were on HD-DVD, it'd be a bit cheaper. Besides, the good games for PS3 won't even be available for launch (MGS4 is what I'm waiting for mostly). Seriously, play Legend of Zelda if you get the chance. The graphics are simply amazing.

People are getting spoiled with this high definition sh*t and more power=better system hype these companies dream up. I can't believe people fall for that kind of marketing. Would anyone rather play Doom (the original) or some insanely hopped up HD version of Pong? A bit extreme on the comparison, but come on.

Where are our insanely long RPGs that didn't have "great" graphics but was able to pump 100+ hours of fun into it?

Dee-Lite
November 12th, 2006, 10:38
When you all go to play it it will be standing up like the ps2 can, it has a blue power button like the ps2 does

OMG Nintendo copied Sony's PS2!! I ain't buying it now! lol

look here everyone. The flaw with instore booths is that you have to stand so close to the screen (thus the sensor bar) to play, which in turn makes sensitivity and accuracy seem way hard and twitching. Wait until you play it proper round a friends house or at home before you make your final judgments on it. Trust me get even just 6ft back and it will be perfect.

Dee

Voltage
November 13th, 2006, 04:38
what are the graphics like on it

AtariFreek
November 13th, 2006, 05:03
Well i beleive the graphics are at 480p, while the PS3 is 1080. But since when did graphics matter? I'm a hardcore gamer myself and i enjoy playability, not graphics. If Oblivion was a crappy 2d-ish game, but still had that open roming awesomeness it would still be great. GRAPHICS DONT MATTER! I myself am looking foreward to Red Steel. But each to his/her own opinion YourStillWithMe