PDA

View Full Version : DSpec Public Beta 0.2b - Spectrum Emulator for DS

wraggster
November 9th, 2006, 23:55
The Hive (http://dspec.eighttwelve.co.uk/index.php) has released a new Public Beta Version of his Spectrum emulator for the Nintendo DS,

What's new?
-----------
+ Fixed for M3, probably MP, and Supercard 1.70 also.
+ New theme.
+ Couple of other fixes.

G6 is next.

Heres his puzzle:

Another puzzle and this time the password is in caps and its the first letter from the 9 screens via comments

Screenshot and Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Metal_Spirit
November 10th, 2006, 09:18
This one is easier. Regardless, TheHive provides the password for anyone who wants it. Just head here: http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showforum=18

And BTW, the M3 is still not working, although TheHive is working hard to make it works for the next release.

Hawq
November 10th, 2006, 19:44
WTF? password games again? if he doesnt want people to use it right off why release it? oh & where in that forum is the pw? cos I sure as hell couldnt see it anywhere

robman84
November 10th, 2006, 20:00
0.2b Works pretty much fine on my M3 SD. Not tried saving anything yet.

Icons in the GUI seem a bit unresponsive (visually the button moves, but option not selected) but it is a great piece of software and means I can finally abandon ZXA for GBA!

The Hombrew Hunter
November 10th, 2006, 20:45
What the hell is the pass, guys?!

I can't find it!

And can anyone reccommend a game?

basilb
November 11th, 2006, 05:39
WTF? password games again? if he doesnt want people to use it right off why release it?

i dont know if he ever wanted a public release
"Why don't I release it to the public?
Because a large percentage are whiners and moaners, and I can't stand to hear it.

...Maybe it'll never get a public release, who knows. :p (http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=27225&st=50)"

all i can say is his speccy emu has been going since back in 2005, has always been strictly a private beta, speccyds got a public release at the end of october, then he decided to do a public release.

Hawq
November 11th, 2006, 17:36
i dont know if he ever wanted a public release
"Why don't I release it to the public?
Because a large percentage are whiners and moaners, and I can't stand to hear it.

...Maybe it'll never get a public release, who knows. :p (http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=27225&st=50)"

all i can say is his speccy emu has been going since back in 2005, has always been strictly a private beta, speccyds got a public release at the end of october, then he decided to do a public release.Unfortunatly that reason got blown apart when he decided to do the public beta releases of course. So much messing about to use them now its like he cant quite make his mind up about the release, bang goes me being able to try it for a while then.

thehive
November 12th, 2006, 21:33
As I told everyone that could be bothered to read the support forum, the password is available by just PMing me. The quiz is for fun, and for purely for the dozens of speccy fans that enjoy DSpec. The fans and beta testers wanted the quiz, and they above all will be listened to first. I appreciate that many people do not want to take part in this fun, and so, as I said, that password is available upon request.

The password will be removed from the 0.2a & 0.2b versions tomorrow now that the quiz has expired, so no need to get all upset.
I've worked for years on and off on these projects, so please allow me to indulge myself now and again...

-HiVE

wraggster
November 12th, 2006, 22:06
I actually agree with the hive, this is a great way to educate some of the end users as to what killer games are available on the Spectrum.

Give everyone something to do on these late nights :)

BTW Welcome thehive, your work for the GBA and DS Scenes is much appreciated

Hawq
November 13th, 2006, 18:38
As I told everyone that could be bothered to read the support forum, the password is available by just PMing me. The quiz is for fun, and for purely for the dozens of speccy fans that enjoy DSpec. The fans and beta testers wanted the quiz, and they above all will be listened to first. I appreciate that many people do not want to take part in this fun, and so, as I said, that password is available upon request.

The password will be removed from the 0.2a & 0.2b versions tomorrow now that the quiz has expired, so no need to get all upset.
I've worked for years on and off on these projects, so please allow me to indulge myself now and again...

-HiVEAs like many I didnt want to sign up to a forum just for the pw I'm sure you'll see my point on it being a little annoying for some of us, of course its up to you naturally wether you choose to do it or not & I'm not suggesting otherwise merely stating the view that some people may have. Good news that the pw's going from the .2a & .2b releases tohugh as my memory aint anywhere near good enough to remember the games.

cutout
February 19th, 2007, 17:49
got this up and running over the weekend - what can I say... totally superb! you've made my year being able to play all the old spectrum classics on the DS.

theadventureoflink
February 23rd, 2007, 18:21
Where are the roms for this emulator???

souLLy
February 23rd, 2007, 19:33
Where are the roms for this emulator???

We don't allow discussion of where to find roms on this site.

Dsman343437
January 31st, 2009, 17:08
copied all folder and files out of the DSpec 0.2b folder to my root of card and the app runs fine but how do you run the games?

I have both z80 and tzx speccy games in the roms folder but no games are showing in the A-Z load option of Dspec. What am i doing wrong. The Dspec website states just to copy all files and folder to system of ds. I'v copied all to root and also tried all in my ysmenu folder but no luck. :(

Gonzo
March 11th, 2009, 11:05
Wow this is an old thread.

Dspec did not work for all cartridges. If you are having probs still, you might want to try this:

Did you run DLDI patcher?

or

ZXDS .. Has a lot more options.

Dspec seems to have been forgotten for now..

crookedmouth
March 12th, 2009, 00:44
We don't allow discussion of where to find roms on this site.

World of Spectrum is fully legal and endorsed by the original authors of the spectrum games.