PDA

View Full Version : Problems and Bugs

chui
September 23rd, 2004, 20:56
Please, post your problems with UAE4ALL.

thebear99
September 23rd, 2004, 23:54
On my mac, the new release won't extract without errors. The other rar'd releases have extracted fine. If i try to use the 1st_read.bin, it just reboots.
Tom

Toxicity
September 24th, 2004, 10:44
The mouse don't go all the way around the screen and stops responding from time to time

M@jk
September 24th, 2004, 11:42
Ok the resolution on every game is bad, about 1/4 of screen is cutet (v.24-09-2004)

BaldMonk
September 24th, 2004, 18:28
In the new release (24/09/04)

1) Mouse movement is still slow and restricted
2) The Emulator will not boot if there is a Controller in port 2 of the Dreamcast. It hangs on a black screen.
3) I think the buttons would be better if X=left mouse button, Y = Right mouse button, A = Joy button 1, B = Joy button 2.

Overall, this is an excellent release... I can't beleive what you can do in a day... it's awesome!!!!!

VampiricS
September 24th, 2004, 21:18
Here's some stuff that i noticed:

- Could you do the virtual keyboard like the ST emu one ? (i mean the ST one is easier to stop on the wanted keys)
- And obviously there's the mouse support that seems to be weird for some games (like in Shanghai)
- could it be possible to completely hide the virtual keyboard when not needed ?(for st and Amiga500 emu)

Oh and thanks to you guys i can finally see how the AtartiST and Amiga500 were like. Where i live those weren't really available.

Toxicity
September 25th, 2004, 00:10
The emulator itself crashed on me while testing games for an hour or two :'( Hope it was just me and not a problem with the code)

Ian_micheal
September 25th, 2004, 04:34
screen refreshing does not clear between the menus screen not fullscreen makes the grafix not look correct ratio.

Speed is 60% compared to a real a500 but this is amazing to me as on a 200mhz pc i can only get 40% speed ..

DCDayDreamer
September 25th, 2004, 17:18
Hello! - stupido maximo here...
so what kickstart rom do I need to get this running, I've had no luck so far :-[.

Not that I'm saying I'll be googling for the somewhat illegal downloads of such a file or anything, I'll search high and low for the actual thing in those rare to find shops and go from there ::).

BaldMonk
September 25th, 2004, 20:21
I've only used kickstart 1.3 so far, but I imagine they should all work. But 1.3 has the best compatibility.

zuschauer
May 26th, 2005, 12:19
Please fix/ add following things:

~ scroll through gamelist with L (10% of gamesamount up) + R (10% of
gamesamount down) --> it is so frustrating to push the controller to switch through all games ( in my case over 500).

~ speed up -> with sound really jerky

~ juse whole screen or resize to fit viewable screen

else::: this emu rocks. it is really impressive to watch the games and compatibility is great!

chui
July 20th, 2005, 11:39
Thanks ! I try patch all problems.

Also, we has increased speed using FAME and others optimizations. Unfortunately, Dreamcast haven't enough CPU for emulating Amiga hardware close to frameskip0 like NEO4ALL or DCaSTaway emulators. Amiga500 was a good machine and complex.

I've incluyed throttle menu option (emulate visible video-rasters only). Using this option, UAE4ALL runs fameskip between 0 and 1 without sound and frameskip between 1 and 2 with sound. But, some games don't support throttle and frameskip increase when turn off this menu option.

Now, we have 2 important bugs to resolve for beta release:

1 - strange hangs after reset amiga. Maybe buffer-overflow.
2 - no work properly CPU trace mode. A lot of amiga-cracks has used CPU trace? I NEED YOU, FOX !

At future, we will rebuild sound core using SH4 assembler for speed up. Also another optimizations but i think that Dreamcast console NEVER will emulate Amiga500 at frameskip0 with sound.