PDA

View Full Version : UAE4ALL : new day, new release.

DCEmu_Newsposter
September 23rd, 2004, 20:50
[br]New update of Amiga Emulator for Dreamcast:[br][br]- Virtual Keyboard.[br]- Complete Menu: selects frameskip, throttle and sound...[br]- Change disk without reset.[br]- Joystick problem fixed.[br]- Mouse buttons problem fixed.[br][br][br]TODO:[br][br]- Speed up. [br]- Error handling. [br]- Add Options Menus. [br]- Clean sound.[br][br][br]Download From the UAE4All Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/chui/uae4all.shtml) [br][br]Comments (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=UAE4all)[br][br]Fast coding rulez!

wraggster
September 23rd, 2004, 21:15
Thanks Chui for the great news :)

ill move this into the UAE forum :)

Mekanaizer
September 23rd, 2004, 21:41
Hi

just great chui ;)

-Mekanaizer-

quzar
September 23rd, 2004, 21:51
Seriously, no offense, but maybe you should consider waiting a day or two more for each release. Although daily builds get the word out and show constant improvement, it will cause chaos for bug testing and such. Also, then you could have bigger differences between releases =P

BaldMonk
September 23rd, 2004, 22:01
*screams like a girl*

Yay... :)

BaldMonk
September 23rd, 2004, 22:27
Can't extract the 1st read bin from the rar file... crc errors o' plenty :(

thebear99
September 23rd, 2004, 23:52
I too, am getting an error trying to extract the file on a mac. Can't wait to try it though.
Tom

BaldMonk
September 24th, 2004, 00:12
Tell me about it bear, I'm damn eager to try this new one out :)

wraggster
September 24th, 2004, 01:35
there may have been a problem with the file upload software, ive corrected any options anddid a test upload and it worked perfectly

sorry for the problems with the earlier upload

BaldMonk
September 24th, 2004, 01:46
Sweet... thanks man... or as Scooby would say....

"Rice rone Raggy!"

:o

M@jk
September 24th, 2004, 01:55
sorry, but my archive is still corrupted! maybe someone send me correct version? przemol19<at>o2.pl or [email protected]

BaldMonk
September 24th, 2004, 01:56
Er... we'll need the link to the test upload.. the one on there is still CRCing... :-X

thebear99
September 24th, 2004, 01:57
I too, am still getting crc errors on my mac. If possible, if anyone could e-mail a zip or .sit or .dmg of the new release, I would be grateful. I'm definitely lusting after this new version.
Thanks
[email protected]

sonic_the_hedhedog
September 24th, 2004, 04:12
You are able to send Uae4all for me ( [email protected] ), who extract oneself good.
Thanks

Darksaviour69
September 24th, 2004, 04:46
u can get it on the talfi forums as well, it might work
http://www.talfi.net/e107/forum_viewtopic.php?49.6811

M@jk
September 24th, 2004, 05:11
u can get it on the talfi forums as well, it might work
http://www.talfi.net/e107/forum_viewtopic.php?49.6811

Thx but this is release from 23-09-2004
:'(

K-teto
September 24th, 2004, 09:17
Chui, i have been thinking about it... i know that both Dcastaway and uae4all arent complete, but if you have a coders cable or bba, it's possible to upload to the pc an entire disk from dreamcast ram?
I don't know how the emulator works, but if you load the disk in dreamcast ram, you can modify it in ram and then, from the menu, upload it modified from ram to pc via coders cable or bba.
Oh, yeah, and i've registered here since you and ron are mods XD
EDIT: (i love edits xD) i can't download the 24-9-2004 version :/

chui
September 24th, 2004, 09:34
SORRY !

Temp download:
http://www.gp32spain.com/public_ftp/uae4all-24-09-2004.rar

K-teto
September 24th, 2004, 09:42
Thanks ^_^ now burning...

wraggster
September 24th, 2004, 09:43
its available on the page now, sorry was at work

damn work :(

Eric
September 24th, 2004, 10:20
Seriously, no offense, but maybe you should consider waiting a day or two more for each release. Although daily builds get the word out and show constant improvement, it will cause chaos for bug testing and such. Also, then you could have bigger differences between releases =P

I agree only cause this is another thing that would pee people off with cost of wasting CD's which i have been doing a lot lately trying to get Atari ST working although the Atari ST is probably not working cause of me. But bringing new releases a day after the last release of the same project can be hilarious or just be a pain.

wraggster
September 24th, 2004, 10:30
hey be gratefull your getting any releases :)

if the daily releases annoy you then only do one a week ;)

Eric
September 24th, 2004, 10:37
That is true but what i am saying is true aswell i mean someone gets yesterdays update and then a new one comes out today they may not have anymore disks or just finished using there last disk which would pee them off

VampiricS
September 24th, 2004, 10:43
Ever heard about multisession ?, Just need 1 cd for all the builds of an emulator that's all, it's not like if it costs a lot anyway. And as wraggster said, if it's too many releases for you to test, just don't test them all, nobody is forcing anybody to test every builds. But so far the releases i saw had enough new features and fixes to warrant a release.

Oh and on the main topic, that emulator just amaze me, it manages to run even better on my Dreamcast then on my poor computer (AMD K6-2 500 mhz, 192mb RAM). Good job for that emulator. I wish that you'll be able to get it even more perfect !

K-teto
September 24th, 2004, 11:45
Well, i use multisession for my DCastaway and uae4all cds, so... where is the problem?
Oh, and... some tips for getting DCastaway to work, remove the extensions for the .st files, unscramble the binary if you are using utopia boot cd and put averything in the root of the cd, the file selector doesn't support directories yet.
Well, and now with uae4all, i can't get the mouse to work correctly or working at all, the keyboard is ok, the support for more than 1 disk games works great.
And i've discovered something about the mouse problem (only moving on a quarter of the screen), if you move the cursor to the opposite side of the screen (if mouse doesn't go to the right, move to the left), it seems like the working area for the cursor moves.
www.iespana.es/k-teto/demostracion.png
Here is an example, the green area, where you can see the cursor, well, if you move the cursor to the right or down, the cursor wont move out of that space.
Now look at the red area, if you move the cursor to the left or up, imagine the area moving until the left top corner is on the left top corner of the screen, doing that you can move the cursor where you want to, but this is just... weird.
Hope you can fix this chui, at least is usable, annoying but usable.

arqueiro
September 24th, 2004, 13:10
lol, nice mouse tips !

tinku
September 24th, 2004, 14:24
Why no documentation for the n00bs ?? or for anyone for that matter LOL!!

tinku ???

VampiricS
September 24th, 2004, 14:49
Here's some stuff that i noticed:

- Could you do the virtual keyboard like the ST emu one ? (i mean the ST one is easier to stop on the wanted keys)
- And obviously there's the mouse support that seems to be weird for some games (like in Shanghai)
- could it be possible to completely hide the virtual keyboard when not needed ?(for st and Amiga500 emu)

Oh and thanks to you guys i can finally see how the AtartiST and Amiga500 were like. Where i live those weren't really available.

tinku
September 25th, 2004, 13:07
is anyone doing jewel case covers for this, it is the best thing since sliced bread.

tinku *