PDA

View Full Version : PS3 fans quit jobs and postpone engagement to wait in line

JKKDARK
November 10th, 2006, 23:38
Source tgdaily (http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/11/10/ps3_bestbuy_burbank_line/)

Burbank (CA) - People are willing to go through hell to get the upcoming Sony PlayStation 3 console and there are already lines forming for November 17th launch. We went to the Best Buy store in Burbank where people started lining up on Monday November 6th, 11 days. Watch our video as one guy explains how he quit his job to stand in line, while another won't be buying his girlfriend an engagement ring anytime soon.

http://images.tomshardware.com/2006/11/10/bestbuy_ps3_line.jpg

Food and drinks weren't a problem because the group brought a cooler full of sodas, bottled water and other beverages. There were plenty of fast-food restaurants within walking distance and fellow group members along with Best Buy employees were happy to save spots. Employees also let the group use the restrooms inside.

Go to the link for the video. These guys are crazy :p

kando
November 10th, 2006, 23:44
thats all too sad :(

Junixx
November 11th, 2006, 00:05
Wow more sad losers

tuta
November 11th, 2006, 00:10
Not to o sure bout this though I heard that ps3 europe releases of ps3 are problematic thats why there was a delay on its release.Regardless I am still gettin 1 once its out in my country

Video_freak
November 11th, 2006, 00:30
That is really, really, really sad. I almost feel sorry for these losers, then I picture them in my mind (the first guy that quit his job broke, the second guy that isn't engaging getting bitch-slapped)...

The Hombrew Hunter
November 11th, 2006, 01:52
Poor, stupid moronic people wanting the Ps3...

If I could choose between having that 700 Wii bundle for free, or have the girl of my dreams love me, I would choose the girl. And I'm pretty damn close to both, Christmas for the Wii :p

Mindless fanboys.

I heart Nintendo
November 12th, 2006, 11:51
That is actually SAD! Like, really SAD!

No income and no pussy, but HEY they get a PS3!

Dull Blade
November 12th, 2006, 23:36
I think thats pritty sad. Just wait a few weeks and buy one, or just pre order.

Destroyer699
November 12th, 2006, 23:56
Pathetic...

Cap'n 1time
November 13th, 2006, 00:41
i see nothing wrong with a 1 night camp out honestly (though i would never do it) but this is just a little bit too stupid...

chrono75
November 14th, 2006, 03:19
too bad these people can't understand that a PS3 is about 1/3 as powerful as an Xbox360 and about 1/10 as innovative as the Wii... It's always come to my attention that PS fans are either rednecks or people who don't know technology well... Hmmm, weird. Also, the PS3 has blu-ray but too bad no game companies will fill up those discs! That's all PS3 has going for it! Hey, you can watch 12 hour DVDs or something!
:)

I heart Nintendo
November 15th, 2006, 19:04
This is just sad. It's so sad I had to post on it on my blog.

Damn...

My post: Sacrifices in the name of gaming (http://i-am-random-j.blogspot.com/2006/11/sacrifices-in-name-of-gaming.html)

So sad...

the_eternal_dark
November 15th, 2006, 20:16
too bad these people can't understand that a PS3 is about 1/3 as powerful as an Xbox360 and about 1/10 as innovative as the Wii... It's always come to my attention that PS fans are either rednecks or people who don't know technology well... Hmmm, weird. Also, the PS3 has blu-ray but too bad no game companies will fill up those discs! That's all PS3 has going for it! Hey, you can watch 12 hour DVDs or something!
:)

Not true, the PS3 is only single core, the X360 is tricore. Per core, PS3 is more powerful. Sony needs to lower the price by about $200-$250 so it can stand a chance/sell out faster during the holiday season.

I agree though, the only reason it will sell out this time is because of all the hardcore fanboys buying them. Too bad they are having problems with the backwards compatability already in Japan.

gamerremag
November 18th, 2006, 16:31
that video was so funny

"so you will eventually get her a engagement ring?"

"uh.....*mumble*....yeh"

Mark30001
November 18th, 2006, 22:24
That's just ridiculous.